ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
IF you are going to convert, do so. There is nothing anyone can do to stop you unless this be a call to be stopped.

Thanks for your NON deeply researched, persuasive and rigorous debate, not to mention absolute defence of the protestant faith. As a current protestant your indepth justification to 'not stay' a protestant has been noted.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Thanks for your NON deeply researched, persuasive and rigorous debate, not to mention absolute defence of the protestant faith. As a current protestant your indepth justification to 'not stay' a protestant has been noted.

Have you read any of Scott Hahn's books on Doubleday? They are fantasic. I have read them all. They are great:
  • First Comes Love
  • Hail, Holy Queen
  • The Lamb's Supper
  • Letter and Spirit
  • Lord, Have Mercy
  • Many Are Called
  • Angels and Saints

Jason0047

Your statements are not based on fact and are completely false. I have seen with my own eyes that they do not worship statues.

So you are saying the Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon because they use a golden cup for the Eucharist?

Interesting.

Personally, to be completely honest...I don't think it would be right for me to state that I don't beleive in the historic Catholic Church because they wear purple and use a gold coloured cup.

You act like you are supporter or proponent of the RCC. I thought you were still unsure and undecided. Seems like you made up your mind already. If you want to worship idols or statues (Which is forbidden in the Word of God), you are free to do so. Just don't expect God of the Bible to approve of it though.

Heterodoxical

Just another Straw Man Fallacy from CM. He literally has nothing but deliberate distortions and outright lies (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5) to offer at this point.

If you are going to accuse someone of a strawman, explain your accusation or you are being just as bad as he is throwing empty accusations around and saying nothing.

Heterodoxical

I didn't
I pointed out you left out the most important part
the name change
peter means rock
you ignored that

the other thing you must consider
is
Jesus asked peter to feed His sheep
three times
that is what a shepherd does
that is what the pope does

So the rest I can accept as "a given" that you agree? Because those comments don't address them.

I addressed rock/kaiphas.
Smaller rock,
Bigger rock.
The bigger rock is Christ is the living son of God.
The smaller rock is his brown nosing, somewhat simple buddy, Peter, who got an affectionate pat on the head for answering a question asked to ALL of the disciples.

Word play, a common thing in our lives.... Jesus had some.

The CHURCH was given the keys.
The CHURCH was given the great commission, (vs every individual like the Evangelicals teach.)

And the link I gave you, answers all of this in graphic detail.

And PETER, who you would call POPE agrees with my answer in ACTS. I've yet to see that addressed...

Heterodoxical

Not intended at yourself :)

Crawfish_DSC2999+copy.jpg

DAN P

It's the DAN ALMIGHTY SHOW! God has taken vacation from the throne of judgement and the only one who can discern who is or isn't saved.

But, as Dan can discern that now, God Must have taken another vacation and elected Dan as he did Bruce and Ethan before him!

Hi , and have you ever known that as , all believers , should know that we have the MIND of Christ , because believers are all " in Christ ."

So , where Christ is , we are all there , don't you see !!:nightall::nightall:

dan p

Heterodoxical

Hi , and have you ever known that as , all believers , should know that we have the MIND of Christ , because believers are all " in Christ ."

So , where Christ is , we are all there , don't you see !!:nightall::nightall:

dan p

If you have the mind of christ, you do not commit any action that would be interpreted as a sin.

Is that you? :)

the MIND OF CHRIST is not a titular claim, it's a real change. Do you really want to claim it's finished in you?

DAN P

If you have the mind of christ, you do not commit any action that would be interpreted as a sin.

Is that you? :)

the MIND OF CHRIST is not a titular claim, it's a real change. Do you really want to claim it's finished in you?

Hi , and here is that verse , in 1 Cor 2:16 , either explain it and stop being CALLOW !!:darwinsm::darwinsm

dan p

Heterodoxical

Hi , and here is that verse , in 1 Cor 2:16 , either explain it and stop being CALLOW !!:darwinsm::darwinsm

dan p

16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Did you read the context? Paul is discussing himself and others who have "arrived".

Paul describes one who is perfect, or "has arrived" as one who is as spiritually mature as Jesus was. Is that you?

Paul describes one who has the Spirit as denoted in the context of your "versal reference" as one who no longer gives into temptation, do you?

He also noted one who had the spirit indwelling them, were not in the flesh, are you?

Paul also said HE was one who was perfect, or one that had arrived, are you?

So, if that verse is addressed to a people who have met a certain criteria of contingencies, and you or I haven't met them, why would we presume to hold claim to what the verse claims for those who HAVE met the contingencies?

VSS available upon request.

But from history with you, you won't study them so I'll wait to post them until I know it might be read. :)