ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
↑↑↑
Got this little message that says:
'This message is hidden because LON is on your ignore list' How refreshing.

DAN P

Am I supposed to decipher that?....No, I don't see.

Hi , and something happened to the rest of my post and will try to repeat it !

All , should go RCC if you want the following :

#1 , Will , take a class on how to depend on their Interpretation !

#2 , Learn , more on Ceremonialism , good stuff here !

#3 , Learn why TRADITIONALISM trumps the bible !

#4 , Learn why RITUALISM is more important !

#5 , You will Learn how to defend PURGATORY since it is not found in the bible !

#6 , Learn why MARY is not in Heaven as Gal 3:28 says she can NOT be there !

#7 , Do you know how to COUNT BEADS , you will learn !

#8 , Learn how to KNELL and KISS the POPES RING !

#9 , Learn how to say , HERE and HERE , and dodge answers !

#10 , Learn where the CONFESSIONAL is really found !!
Do not look in the bible !

#11 , The RCC will take away your SPINE and replace it with a NOODLE !!

I can just see your body SHIMMYING and SHIVERING in anticipation and a nice setup by Cruciform or Catholic Crucader , what a Laugh !

dan p

Heterodoxical

you forgot this one

John 1:42

New International Version (NIV)

42 And he brought him to Jesus.

Jesus looked at him and said, “You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas” (which, when translated, is Peter[a]).
Footnotes:

John 1:42 Cephas (Aramaic) and Peter (Greek) both mean rock.

And one is a smaller rock, the other is a larger rock. The larger rock is the foundation of the Church. Peter says that is CHRIST. When Christ said in matt 16 that the rock would be the foundation of the church, which will the church fail without.....

Peter?????

Or Christ is the living son of God?

Heterodoxical

when someone's name is changed
pay attention
it is important

It's also important to what it is changed to. Peter got an affectionate nick name, but HE HIMSELF said who was the rock the church was built on.

It WAS important, since the WHOLE GROUP of 120ish disciples were there, and Christ addressed ALL OF THEM, Peter answered for them, and got the nickname, but then Christ goes back to who the conversation was with.

He didn't stop in the middle, IGNORE ALL THOSE HE WAS ADDRESSING, and just dump praise and praise and praise on Peter. If anything, it's notable that Peter got something right for a change... He's usually trying to figure it out and being sorta slow...

But, lord what of us, we have nothing to sell and we already follow you, how can we be saved!!!! (I'm sure he stood in a Cask of amontillado when he said that...)

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Hi , and something happened to the rest of my post and will try to repeat it !

All , should go RCC if you want the following :

#1 , Will , take a class on how to depend on their Interpretation !

#2 , Learn , more on Ceremonialism , good stuff here !

#3 , Learn why TRADITIONALISM trumps the bible !

#4 , Learn why RITUALISM is more important !

#5 , You will Learn how to defend PURGATORY since it is not found in the bible !

#6 , Learn why MARY is not in Heaven as Gal 3:28 says she can NOT be there !

#7 , Do you know how to COUNT BEADS , you will learn !

#8 , Learn how to KNELL and KISS the POPES RING !

#9 , Learn how to say , HERE and HERE , and dodge answers !

#10 , Learn where the CONFESSIONAL is really found !!
Do not look in the bible !

#11 , The RCC will take away your SPINE and replace it with a NOODLE !!

I can just see your body SHIMMYING and SHIVERING in anticipation and a nice setup by Cruciform or Catholic Crucader , what a Laugh !

dan p

And that tirade is meant to convince me to remain protestant? Is it? Really? It is statements like these, complete rhetoric based on fiction and ignorant preconceived ideas that actually makes me ashamed to be associated with protestantism.

May God open your eyes.

Heterodoxical

And that tirade is meant to convince me to remain protestant? Is it? Really? It is statements like these, complete rhetoric based on fiction and ignorant preconceived ideas that actually makes me ashamed to be associated with protestantism.

May God open your eyes.

Sigh, Rich I can convince you to stay protestant. Even with this only being a baiting OP not a cry for help.

My question then is, where will you fellowship?

I agree with you that the Protestant Churches, unless you just happen to find a good one, which is as much chance as skill and theology, are missing the boat on many big points theologically, and are actually Anti Christ in some ways. So, where would I tell you to go?

I wonder if you investigated the Eastern Orthodox church before you chose Rome?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Sigh, Rich I can convince you to stay protestant. Even with this only being a baiting OP not a cry for help.

My question then is, where will you fellowship?

I agree with you that the Protestant Churches, unless you just happen to find a good one, which is as much chance as skill and theology, are missing the boat on many big points theologically, and are actually Anti Christ in some ways. So, where would I tell you to go?

I wonder if you investigated the Eastern Orthodox church before you chose Rome?

Hi,
Yes I did investigate the Orthodox Church, in fact I studied that large group in the states who became OC en mass some time ago. Was an interesting story and caught my attention.

Lon

↑↑↑
Got this little message that says:
'This message is hidden because LON is on your ignore list' How refreshing.
Ah, so I was right then :up:

(just because I think you are chump in this thread doesn't mean you won't like me. I show up Catholic on all the online tests. This is simply round one (if you do other threads). You shouldn't be judgemental or hasty but C'est la vie...)

Just say "Lon, I want the last word" (no cheapshots, not parting 'gotcha's') so I can go in peace. Thanks.

See? ▼I'm not the only one▼

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IF you are going to convert, do so. There is nothing anyone can do to stop you unless this be a call to be stopped.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I had become very weary of extreme literalism and fundamentalist ideology and enjoy the fact the church does not have an opinion on numerous things...

I also was weary of overly literal and dogmatic theology. But the answer does not lie in some particular church. You will not find it there. However, your mind seems made up so I will just wish you the best.

DAN P

May God open your eyes.

Hi and you were NEVER saved is what I see , and the truth of what I wrote , can be documented , but the Lost one's are not looking for answers .

And you should be ASHAMED as you are GONGOOZLER and will see at the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT Rev 20:12-15 and you do believe in the Revelation , don;t you ?

dan p

Heterodoxical

Hi and you were NEVER saved is what I see , and the truth of what I wrote , can be documented , but the Lost one's are not looking for answers .

And you should be ASHAMED as you are GONGOOZLER and will see at the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT Rev 20:12-15 and you do believe in the Revelation , don;t you ?

dan p

It's the DAN ALMIGHTY SHOW! God has taken vacation from the throne of judgement and the only one who can discern who is or isn't saved.

But, as Dan can discern that now, God Must have taken another vacation and elected Dan as he did Bruce and Ethan before him!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

dan p

That makes me feel quite the discerner...

RichRock

BANNED
Banned

dan p

Alas I pray for your grammar.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
I also was weary of overly literal and dogmatic theology. But the answer does not lie in some particular church. You will not find it there. However, your mind seems made up so I will just wish you the best.

Thank you for your points, and for being civil and courteous :)