Why Sexual Assault Victims Delay Coming Forward

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You shouldn't call Christians evil perverts....

obama isn't a Christian

he's a disgusting evil pervert who voted to allow the continuation of murdering babies accidentally (miraculously) born alive during an abortion

he's led by satan

and anybody who doesn't recognize that is also led by satan

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
.......You shouldn't call Christians evil perverts.........
obama isn't a Christian........
That's a fact. The man never goes to church like other presidents did, he embraces everything that's anti-Christian and evil..... ......the only thing remotely - VERY remotely - close to Christianity he ever had anything to do with was "Reverend" (choke) Wright, that disgusting hate-monger. Obama IS evil, he promotes evil, he endorses evil, he even shoves evil down the throats of little kids which, luckily, the courts have blocked for now:

Judge temporarily blocks Obama school transgender bathroom policy
Washington (CNN) - A federal judge in Texas has issued a nationwide injunction barring federal government agencies from taking action against school districts that don't follow the Obama administration's guidance on transgender bathroom policies in schools.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/22/politics/transgender-school-bathroom-policy/

That Hitler-wannabe actually tried to use the Federal Dept.of Education to strong-arm local schools into doing this. That is such a violation of the Constitution, not to mention common decency. The man is a pig. It comes as no surprise that TH does not see the evil in Obama: Murdering the unborn, gay marriage, forcing filth on children, giving billions to terrorist states...... ......no, no evil there folks, move along, nothing to see here.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Who could possibly believe that Obama is a Christian when, unlike any other president, he has patently avoided inquiry- no Christian would do that, and on top of it the man carries around rosary beads, a mini Buddha, and other trinkets he's gotten over the years in office.

Michelle probably has a Christian background through her family, but that's about as far as Christianity goes with the Obamas :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Who could possibly believe that Obama is a Christian when, unlike any other president, he has patently avoided inquiry- no Christian would do that,
He hasn't. His membership in a Christian church is a matter of public record. He's also professed Christianity.

In fact, some time before his presidential run, back in 2004, he sat down with a religion writer from Patheos and discussed his faith. A few excerpts follow.

To set this up, in the piece he had just finished talking about his community work, the hire for "princely sum" of thirteen thousand dollars and how it exposed a mostly intellectual appreciation for Christianity to a more personal evolution:

And it was in those places where I think what had been more of an intellectual view of religion deepened because I’d be spending an enormous amount of time with church ladies, sort of surrogate mothers and fathers and everybody I was working with was 50 or 55 or 60, and here I was a 23-year-old kid running around.​

I became much more familiar with the ongoing tradition of the historic black church and it’s importance in the community.
And the power of that culture to give people strength in very difficult circumstances, and the power of that church to give people courage against great odds. And it moved me deeply.

Reporter: Did you actually go up for an altar call?

Yes. Absolutely.
It was a daytime service, during a daytime service. And it was a powerful moment. Because, ti was powerful for me because it not only confirmed my faith, it not only gave shape to my faith, but I think, also, allowed me to connect the work I had been pursuing with my faith.
So that, one of the churches I met, or one of the churches that I became involved in was Trinity United Church of Christ. And the pastor there, Jeremiah Wright, became a good friend. So I joined that church and committed myself to Christ in that church.

That said, his early exposure has left him leery of rigidity in dogma and his exposure to universalism as a youth still impacts his thinking, which doesn't at a few points appear to be orthodox or doctrinally sound. I think he's put together his best understanding, but by not really being within a church seriously, or subject to elders and the discipline of instruction, he's off in some ways that matter. I think that's a danger for anyone who wanders away from the influence of a mindful gathering of the faithful.

and on top of it the man carries around rosary beads, a mini Buddha, and other trinkets he's gotten over the years in office.
Cite to source for that.

Michelle probably has a Christian background through her family, but that's about as far as Christianity goes with the Obamas
Another judge then. Well, she was brought up in the Methodist tradition, but changed church affiliation when she married. Here's something I found from her on ABC, from 2012:

"Our faith journey isn't just about showing up on Sunday for a good sermon and good music and a good meal. It's about what we do Monday through Saturday as well, especially in those quiet moments, when the spotlight's not on us, and we're making those daily choices about how to live our lives. We see that in the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus didn't limit his ministry to the four walls of the church. He was out there fighting injustice and speaking truth to power every single day. He was out there spreading a message of grace and redemption to the least, the last, and the lost. And our charge is to find Him everywhere, every day by how we live our lives."​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
He hasn't. His membership in a Christian church is a matter of public record. He's also professed Christianity.

In fact, some time before his presidential run, back in 2004, he sat down with a religion writer from Patheos and discussed his faith. A few excerpts follow.

To set this up, in the piece he had just finished talking about his community work, the hire for "princely sum" of thirteen thousand dollars and how it exposed a mostly intellectual appreciation for Christianity to a more personal evolution:

And it was in those places where I think what had been more of an intellectual view of religion deepened because I’d be spending an enormous amount of time with church ladies, sort of surrogate mothers and fathers and everybody I was working with was 50 or 55 or 60, and here I was a 23-year-old kid running around.​

I became much more familiar with the ongoing tradition of the historic black church and it’s importance in the community.
And the power of that culture to give people strength in very difficult circumstances, and the power of that church to give people courage against great odds. And it moved me deeply.

Reporter: Did you actually go up for an altar call?

Yes. Absolutely.
It was a daytime service, during a daytime service. And it was a powerful moment. Because, ti was powerful for me because it not only confirmed my faith, it not only gave shape to my faith, but I think, also, allowed me to connect the work I had been pursuing with my faith.
So that, one of the churches I met, or one of the churches that I became involved in was Trinity United Church of Christ. And the pastor there, Jeremiah Wright, became a good friend. So I joined that church and committed myself to Christ in that church.

That said, his early exposure has left him leery of rigidity in dogma and his exposure to universalism as a youth still impacts his thinking, which doesn't at a few points appear to be orthodox or doctrinally sound. I think he's put together his best understanding, but by not really being within a church seriously, or subject to elders and the discipline of instruction, he's off in some ways that matter. I think that's a danger for anyone who wanders away from the influence of a mindful gathering of the faithful.

Cite to source for that.

Another judge then. Well, she was brought up in the Methodist tradition, but changed church affiliation when she married. Here's something I found from her on ABC, from 2012:

"Our faith journey isn't just about showing up on Sunday for a good sermon and good music and a good meal. It's about what we do Monday through Saturday as well, especially in those quiet moments, when the spotlight's not on us, and we're making those daily choices about how to live our lives. We see that in the life of Jesus Christ. Jesus didn't limit his ministry to the four walls of the church. He was out there fighting injustice and speaking truth to power every single day. He was out there spreading a message of grace and redemption to the least, the last, and the lost. And our charge is to find Him everywhere, every day by how we live our lives."​

Everything about all of that sounds straight up political. I know superficial nonsense when I see it, and just because they committed to that sorry facade doesn't take away the fact of Obama's evasion of the topic otherwise.
If he's a Christian, then [MENTION=10712]The Horn[/MENTION] is a Christian :rolleyes:

But this is all wasted on you, who chalks Christianity up to secular humanism and indifference.

Arthur Brain

Well, I didn't know any of that about Obama to be honest so interesting. You're not likely to agree with me here I know but frankly, good for him if he was leery about rigidity in dogma. One mans orthodoxy is another's heresy but I won't belabor the point...

;)

ok doser

Everything about all of that sounds straight up political. I know superficial nonsense when I see it, and just because they committed to that sorry facade doesn't take away the fact of Obama's evasion of the topic otherwise.
If he's a Christian, then [MENTION=10712]The Horn[/MENTION] is a Christian :rolleyes:

obama is a lawyer, therefore he is lying

ok doser

Barack and Michelle are hard core muzzies

i suspect michelle is a superficial "christian", raised to be familiar with Christianity, but not indwelt with the HS

bammy was raised to be a mooslim, then educated and trained to be a lawyer, which means that nothing he says is to be believed

if he's speaking, assume he's being manipulative and exploitative, working the will of his father, satan

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Everything about all of that sounds straight up political.
No, that's your ears/bias. The smarter thing, the political thing for him to have done, given his constituency, would be to voice a more rigidly orthodox approach. It sounds like what it was, an interview on his beliefs.

I know superficial nonsense when I see it
Me too.

and just because they committed to that sorry facade doesn't take away the fact of Obama's evasion of the topic otherwise.
Evasion isn't sitting down and having a conversation about it.

If he's a Christian, then @The Horn is a Christian
Well, that's above my pay grade. What I can tell you is what he has to say about it. I'm comfortable discussing the problems with some of his positions in relation to orthodoxy, but I'll leave his soul and heart for Christ to determine.

But this is all wasted on you, who chalks Christianity up to secular humanism and indifference.
Your assumptive bias is indeed wasted on me. The last part is just a sad bit of additional distortion. I don't do anythign of the sort, which is why you'll make the charge but never produce a quote to support it.

Thanks for the confirmation. Next time I'll just make fun of you and move on. :thumb: