Why I love divorce

Interplanner

The first part of "God's Truth" is not quite correct: he says don't marry or remarry divorced people who were not cheated. He also says don't remarry unless you were cheated. The other candidates to be married are never-marrieds and widowed. The field is therefore that narrow.

God's Truth

The first part of "God's Truth" is not quite correct: he says don't marry or remarry divorced people who were not cheated.
Nowhere anywhere in the Bible does it say that.

He also says don't remarry unless you were cheated. The other candidates to be married are never-marrieds and widowed. The field is therefore that narrow.

Jesus says do not remarry and if you divorce someone who has not cheated---you make them an adulterer.

You need to think about it more.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are going to have to answer questions.

God who knows the heart forgives those He accepts.

And you don't?

Matthew 6:14-15 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 For if you forgive men for their sins, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive men for their sins, neither will your Father forgive your sins.

God's Truth

And you don't?

Matthew 6:14-15 Modern English Version (MEV)

14 For if you forgive men for their sins, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive men for their sins, neither will your Father forgive your sins.

You need to stop falsely judging people.

Repent to God and prove your repentance by stop falsely judging me.

God's Truth

If they're breathing :chew: there's hope (Ac 17:27). :thumb:

I believe that even after they die they have hope...as long as they can repent, and before the Lord comes again, because when he comes again, it will not be to bear sin.

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

When Jesus comes again, it will be too late.

HisServant

I believe that even after they die they have hope...as long as they can repent, and before the Lord comes again, because when he comes again, it will not be to bear sin.

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

When Jesus comes again, it will be too late.

Such an unbiblical belief... but since everything you post is unbiblical, it was expected.

It seems you believe in some sort of pergatory or second chance... but scripture is explicit, you die and then face judgement.

God's Truth

Such an unbiblical belief... but since everything you post is unbiblical, it was expected.

It seems you believe in some sort of pergatory or second chance... but scripture is explicit, you die and then face judgement.

Some people never hear the truth and then they die.

Jesus went to Hell to preach the gospel to those there so that they can live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6).

Jesus is the judge and if someone repents while Jesus still bears our sins, then what is it to you?

HisServant

Some people never hear the truth and then they die.

Jesus went to Hell to preach the gospel to those there so that they can live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6).

Jesus is the judge and if someone repents while Jesus still bears our sins, then what is it to you?

So you think Jesus is still in hell preaching? If not, then he is leaving some who believe in hell till the last judgement. The preaching in hell was a one time deal.. its over.

You just aren't consistent... your theology is all over the map.

HisServant

How would you ever think that?

When a person dies they face judgment. Are you saying they are put in Hell without judgment?

Obviously, you really havent put much thought into the post I was comenting on.

Use that gray matter the lord put between your ears and go back and read it.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I let her go as scriptures require and gave her a bill of divorce... scripture say that I am no longer bound to her and may do as I please.

I stayed single for 9 years after she left.. never divorce and never looked to remarry.

Then God brought someone into my life... I've had the happiest 7 years of my life being married to her. To think God did not have his hand in us meeting and has not blessed us is to be ignorant.

Christians are NOT to make Vows... which renders wedding vows to be an act of sin. Hence, I did not make any vows, all we did was sign the paperwork in front of witnesses... to satisfy the legal requirements for a marriage license.

I just hope that someday you are bound by the same chains that you are so intent on putting others in.

People make mistakes... Jesus knew that.

The other problem is you are taking snippets of scripture out of the context and culture of what marriage meant to the intended audience and trying to apply them to today's marriage.

Its a huge error in teaching and you will all be held accountable for it someday... and it wont be pretty.

I did not put away my wife... she left of her own accord. It was only after 5 years of her being unrepentant and unwilling to reconcile that i granted her the divorce she wanted.

I am no longer bound to her... I should have actually granted her the divorce the first time she asked for one.

God has called us to peace... how can you reconcile your views of scripture that would permanently bind someone to a marriage of strife and loneliness?

Because they were used to taking a new wife whenever they wanted without properly ending the previous marriage. There were women all over the place back then that were technically married, but not supported by their husbands and with no dowry to remarry.... because men were using marriage as a way to accumulate vast illgotten fortunes.

Basically, Jesus was using hyperbole to say to them that the exact opposite of what they were doing was just as lawful.

Anyhow... you really should keep your mouth shut unless you have actually spent time studying the context and culture of who Jesus was talking to and why.

Anyhow, I don't need anyones approval from this site... as the vast majority of the people here can be demonstrated to be idiots.... like you. You seem to be just about as smart as a box of rocks.

Exactly. Don't let indoctrinated pseudo-law-mongers put you under condemnation.

The NT standard by Christ is to give a writ when putting away a spouse, just as it was in Deuteronomy 24:1-4. The penalty for adultery was death by stoning, not divorce.

A wife may not be put away for "any cause" or without a writ. We have no modern comparison for the issue being addressed in Matt. 19 and the parallels.

Men were putting away their innocent wives without a writ, branding them as adulteresses for life and leaving them to return in shame to their father's home or resort to prostitution to survive.

And anyone remarrying such a woman was then also considered an adulterer, simply because she had no writ.

It was Jesus addressing an exploited inequity of Theocratic law for a specific people group. He gave the example of what a heart should be in marriage, which was being violated by men who were greedy and lustful, and were shaming their innocent wives for life.

Jesus was addressing Jewish verbal divorce for a writ-based marriage. Paul was later addressing Roman verbal divorce for a writ-based marriage.

The issue is the verbal divorcement of putting away a spouse without a writ. The typology is Christ fulfilling written prophecy as our husband, and fulfilling all that was written as being the very Logos of God.

Our word does not and cannot disannul Him and His covenant of marriage, despite human weakness in not being able to exemplify that standard.