Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
It should be condemned but if government doesn't condemn it we have to put up with it. But it should be absolutely presented for what it is - an abomination a sin

GFR7

Regarding your article:

Had homosexuality still been a criminal offense the man wouldn't have been able to leave his wife and children in a whim for another man and instead would have been forced to seek psychological counseling.

Heck, maybe you and him could have found a shrink that gave "2 fer" discounts.
I understand this point, yes. (But I would never have left my wife to join forces with a man.)

Of course what a society sanctions and celebrates, it gets more of.....

GFR7

It should be condemned but if government doesn't condemn it we have to put up with it. But it should be absolutely presented for what it is - an abomination a sin
Well, even those who don't view it as a sin should be wary of it's constant promotion and celebration.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
(The Family Research Council made it up right before they made up the gay agenda).

Thanks for yet another brilliant observation Traci.

Squirm all you want but the simple fact remains that your "gay agenda" didn't exist until the FRC published in in 1991.

Is ROFL at your absolutely ignorant statements considered "squirming" Traci?

TracerBullet

I was referring mainly to this:

Romans 1:
1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Has this been changed?
Apart from being sexist it seems to imply that both male and female homosexuality is vile, unnatural and that they are all destined for damnation, apparently.

“Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.” 2 Peter 3:15-17

Paul specifically used the Greek word paraphysi here, which does not mean "to go against the law(s) of nature", that would be Ενάντια στο. Rather it means to engage in action(s) which is uncharacteristic or against the nature of that person or more simply an individual denying his/her true nature.

Paul is writing about heterosexual women and men who "exchange" or go against themselves and their normal/inborn orientation for same-sex activities. It's that abandoning that is being condemned

TracerBullet

bw2b09_shrimp_cocktail.jpg

alwight

“Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.” 2 Peter 3:15-17

Paul specifically used the Greek word paraphysi here, which does not mean "to go against the law(s) of nature", that would be Ενάντια στο. Rather it means to engage in action(s) which is uncharacteristic or against the nature of that person or more simply an individual denying his/her true nature.

Paul is writing about heterosexual women and men who "exchange" or go against themselves and their normal/inborn orientation for same-sex activities. It's that abandoning that is being condemned
People like aCW just see or cherry pick whatever they want to see in ancient scripture perhaps. I'm quite sure that the original context has at least been somewhat lost or changed, maybe more than once, over time, yet some will nevertheless insist on a literal adherence, as a blueprint for life. However on face value at least it really doesn't stack up.

alwight

Why don't you relax a bit, no one wants to make homosexuality compulsory.
Many gay people, well, mainly gay men (imo) perhaps can be somewhat extravert and OTT, sometimes irritatingly so, but also can be highly entertaining and witty. Why not try to accept people for who they are rather than judging them from what can be derived or cherry picked from an ancient scripture.
After all we are all sinners apparently, right?

TracerBullet

No, I don't have any paranoid ideas that Ellen is trying to lill young girls in.
I never said you had any ideas of the sort. Why would you be so dishonest and imply that I did?

But I do find that gays have become over-represented in media; so much so that many people believe they comprise 30% of the population, rather than the actual 1.6%.

Where does this 1.6% figure come from?

and what is the correct number of gays and lesbians the media should feature? Do you also think that black people or Jews are also over represented in the media?

Balfour4

BANNED
Banned
http://www.kelleykline.com/ppp/Serial Killers2.ppt

That's from a professor at Florida State University at Panama City.
Slide F shows that white heterosexual males are the most likely demographic to be a serial killer.

Yet in 30 years (if this country survives that long or if homosexuality isn't recriminalized) those children will still be raised by two (or more) proud and unrepentant perverts. You can't compare one's skin color with one's chosen sexual behavior (nice try though).

You can compare the jaded reaction in 30 years that American society will have to what is now a controversial issue, EXACTLY like school desegregation.

I highly doubt that giving anyone "rights" based on an unnatural sexual behavior (one that is changeable by the way) was on the mind of our Christian Founding Fathers when they wrote the founding documents of our once great nation.
It's perfectly natural. All animals of high intelligence engage in homosexual behavior. You're parroting the same dated talking points that anti-gay advocates have used for 25 years.

I won't sleep a wink until you reveal it.
Obvious sarcasm, but I'll let you know my little secret anyway. I believe its exactly what Dr. Carson fears.
If two siblings, one or both having undergone surgical methods to prevent possible conception, wanted to get married badly enough, they'd win. Once you remove the possibility of an inbred mutant baby then the "ick" factor and religion are the only things preventing legalization of an incestual union. Gay marriage being widely accepted has the small potential to be the slippery slope that opens up scarier doors

GFR7

TracerBullet said:
I never said you had any ideas of the sort. Why would you be so dishonest and imply that I did?
Mayhap because you posted the youtube of Ellen talking about the paranoia to me?

Where does this 1.6% figure come from?
From the CDC:

CDC: Only 1.6% of Americans Identify as Gay or Lesbian

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/paul-lagarde/cdc-only-16-americans-identify-gay-or-lesbian

and what is the correct number of gays and lesbians the media should feature? Do you also think that black people or Jews are also over represented in the media?
I don't know, but I can't even sit in an oral surgeon's waiting room without being exposed to some soap opera gay love scene on the television.....

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
http://www.kelleykline.com/ppp/Serial Killers2.ppt

That's from a professor at Florida State University at Panama City.
Slide F shows that white heterosexual males are the most likely demographic to be a serial killer.

I went over this topic with homosexualist Tracerbullet. Since those who engage in homosex only make up 1-2% of the population, then for every homosexual/bisexual serial killer there should be 98-99 heterosexual ones.

I'll wait while you show me those statistics.

Quote:
Yet in 30 years (if this country survives that long or if homosexuality isn't recriminalized) those children will still be raised by two (or more) proud and unrepentant perverts. You can't compare one's skin color with one's chosen sexual behavior (nice try though).

You can compare the jaded reaction in 30 years that American society will have to what is now a controversial issue, EXACTLY like school desegregation.

Any sexual deviant group can use the civil rights struggle as grounds for equal justice. Homosexuals are currently using it, the incest movement will no doubt use it when the time is right and of course the man-boy love faction of your LGBTQueer movement will undoubtedly use it as well.

Quote:
I highly doubt that giving anyone "rights" based on an unnatural sexual behavior (one that is changeable by the way) was on the mind of our Christian Founding Fathers when they wrote the founding documents of our once great nation.

It's perfectly natural. All animals of high intelligence engage in homosexual behavior. You're parroting the same dated talking points that anti-gay advocates have used for 25 years.

"Animals of high intelligence...". That's a new one. Animals partake in many things that civilized humans don't: cannibalism, killing their young, gang rape, etc. I guess those aren't the "intelligent" ones that you were referring to?

This subject has been brought up numerous times throughout this 3 part thread. Here's the latest post:

The myth of homosexuality in nature
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4133277&postcount=3643

Quote:
I won't sleep a wink until you reveal it.

Obvious sarcasm, but I'll let you know my little secret anyway. I believe its exactly what Dr. Carson fears.
If two siblings, one or both having undergone surgical methods to prevent possible conception, wanted to get married badly enough, they'd win. Once you remove the possibility of an inbred mutant baby then the "ick" factor and religion are the only things preventing legalization of an incestual union. Gay marriage being widely accepted has the small potential to be the slippery slope that opens up scarier doors

I see that you're an incestophobe. If two guys can legally buggerize each other, why can't people who are closely related to one another have male-female sex?

Jedidiah

“Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.” 2 Peter 3:15-17...
You can go ahead and apply that to yourself for the following:
...Paul specifically used the Greek word paraphysi here, which does not mean "to go against the law(s) of nature", that would be Ενάντια στο. Rather it means to engage in action(s) which is uncharacteristic or against the nature of that person or more simply an individual denying his/her true nature.

Nope. Read the passage.

Romans 1:22 -- Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Romans 1:23 -- And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Romans 1:26 -- For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:27 -- And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

The people Paul's talking about in verses 26 and 27 are those in verses 22 and 23; namely, idolatrous pagans. These are those who "change the natural use into that which is against nature."

Your, "Paul is writing about heterosexual women and men who "exchange" or go against themselves and their normal/inborn orientation for same-sex activities. It's that abandoning that is being condemned," is complete Made Up. Matthew Vines says the same dumb thing; I don't know if he made it up, or if somebody else did, but it is definitely Made Up.

None of this really matters though, in comparison with the glorious Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ. These are mere footnotes to the glory of Our Lord's Gospel.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...It's that abandoning that is being condemned," is complete Made Up. Matthew Vines says the same dumb thing; I don't know if he made it up, or if somebody else did, but it is definitely Made Up.

I look forward to exposing little Mattie Vines and his "gay christian movement" later on in this on-going thread. The segment will be called "The 3 tenets of atheism".

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwight
...we are all sinners apparently, right?

Feel free to tell our atheist friend what Jesus Christ wants sinners to do Jed (it starts with the letter "r" and ends with the letter "t" and has the letters "epen" in between).

Status
Not open for further replies.