ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

Nanja

Second Person of the Trinity = abomination. :think:
Wow. So you are so inured in you're paranoid delusion that you honestly believe, that they're are literally zero real Christian's in any Christian church's?

Zero?

Really???

Daniel

Those who call themselves Christians are not necessarily the same as those who are of the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

~~~~~

Dan Emanuel

Those who call themselves Christians are not necessarily the same as those who are of the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.
Yeah, I get that. But your saying, that they're are literally zero of the Election of Grace, in any Christian church's. Zero. None. Bupkis.

Thats bizarre and unnecessary to believe.

Daniel

Cruciform

Too bad you are an idolater (Ex 20:3-4)...
Too bad you are a demonstrable liar (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5).

The Eucharist is a false Christ (Matt. 24:4-5, 24).
Already categorically refuted in Post #173 above, as well as here. (Also, please indicate the part of Mt. 24:4-5, 24 that mentions either the "Eucharist" or the "Catholic Church.")

So much for your entirely vacuous anti-Catholic claims.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

turbosixx

why don't you say the Our Father?

it has come to our attention
that
many here do not say the Lord's prayer
and
I am sure others would like to know why

why don't you tells us why?

It's a model for prayer and if you say it word for word it's wrong. Jesus said these words before his kingdom was established. His kingdom has been established.

Danoh

~~~~~

Not in Romans 11:5 they are not. But then again. Your entire notion of election is off.

Election is simply the issue of service; the service of witness.

Isaiah 41:

8. But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.
9. Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

Isaiah 43:

9. Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be
justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
10. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither
shall there be after me.
11. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Note the same in the following - they were already walking in the Lord; their "chosen" or "election" - unto service - after the fact:

Acts 1:

21. Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22. Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
23. And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
24. And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
25. That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
26. And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Romans 9:

4. Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God,[/B] and the promises;
5. Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
To take the Lord's Prayer seriously, one has to discount the idea of a blood sacrifice as a later theological interpolation.

Jesus believed in a God of mercy that expects forgiveness of ourselves and others.

turbosixx

I don't understand that
but
thank you just the same for answering

You might consider this, try to think of the kingdom as spiritual instead of physical.

Jn. 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."....6That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Matt. 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: ..... 7And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Luke 17:20 Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed; 21 nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Before Jesus ascension he says "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ , they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Col. 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

If Jesus preached the kingdom was at hand while he was alive, did he follow through on his word? I understand and believe he did.

StanJ

To take the Lord's Prayer seriously, one has to discount the idea of a blood sacrifice as a later theological interpolation.
Jesus believed in a God of mercy that expects forgiveness of ourselves and others.

I suggest you read Heb 9:11-15 (NIV)