ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I suggest you read Heb 9:11-15 (NIV)
I have.

One can also read the theology of Paul and the Gospel of John to find clear contradictions of other things Jesus said about sacrifice.

What I am saying is that I try to find out the difference between what the real Jesus preached and what his later followers and the church opined what he preached.

There are two different strains that are noticeable from Genesis to Revelation. There are also two different traditions between a jealous God of retribution and violence and a God that gives mercy to everyone and does not divide the world into good/evil, righteous/unrighteous categories/

I believe in Jesus Christ as the ultimate disclosure of God on earth. And the character of that God is nonviolent and favors distributive justice for all of humanity.

In other words, the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.

Danoh

I have.

One can also read the theology of Paul and the Gospel of John to find clear contradictions of other things Jesus said about sacrifice.

What I am saying is that I try to find out the difference between what the real Jesus preached and what his later followers and the church opined what he preached.

There are two different strains that are noticeable from Genesis to Revelation. There are also two different traditions between a jealous God of retribution and violence and a God that gives mercy to everyone and does not divide the world into good/evil, righteous/unrighteous categories/

I believe in Jesus Christ as the ultimate disclosure of God on earth. And the character of that God is nonviolent and favors distributive justice for all of humanity.

Mark was interested in portraying a Jesus who could actually know what the future would be. If the temple had already been destroyed, then by having Jesus predict it, Mark was able to assign clairvoyance to Jesus.

Even the Holy Spirit can contradict itself. The simple fact of the hundreds of different translations and versions of the Bible attest to that. And, of course, the very existence of the four gospels proves this.

The divine sprit or "Holy Spirit" is always mediated through human beings at different times and places from a multitude of diverse opinions and theologies.

You are one confused individual.

Worse, just about your every other post is rank heresy.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If Jesus preached the kingdom was at hand while he was alive, did he follow through on his word? I understand and believe he did.

the kingdom would soon be available

it wasn't when Jesus said that

He had to suffer and die first

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

He's not a "True Believer." Ask him what church or denomination
he's been affiliated with? He refuses to answer. He calls the Holy
Spirit: "itself" and says that the Holy Spirit contradicts itself!

That tells you about A7.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have.

You're an "OTHER" not a Christian.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I readily admit I am often confused. I can only tell you that I do the best I can.

Your judgement of me as some sort of a heretic does not comport with the Jesus I see in the gospels. He did not advocate judging others.

Jesus even spoke of a God who did not play favorites and treated the evil and the unrighteous just the same as he treated the righteous and the good.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I readily admit I am often confused. I can only tell you that I do the best I can.

Your judgement of me as some sort of a heretic does not comport with the Jesus I see in the gospels. He did not advocate judging others.

Jesus even spoke of a God who did not play favorites and treated the evil and the unrighteous just the same as he treated the righteous and the good.

do you say the Our Father?

turbosixx

the kingdom would soon be available

it wasn't when Jesus said that

He had to suffer and die first

Yes, the kingdom was established after his D,B &R, that is why he said this before his ascension.
Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

On Pentecost people were added.
Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

When do you see the kingdom being established?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
do you say the Our Father?
When I attend the Congregational I say it and also when I attended the Four Square Gospel Church.

I once attended a Berean Baptist church and while at a men's Bible Study Group I mentioned the Lord's Prayer when we were asked to say a favorite prayer. I got the distinct feeling that I said the wrong thing.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You're an "OTHER" not a Christian.
Next comes the railroad cars headed for Auschwitz then?

Jews were called a "disease" and were referred to as "vermin." It wasn't long until they were seem as the "OTHER," too.

First comes fear, then anger, then dehumanization and then "othering."

Soon another fellow human being is just seen as so much trash.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, the kingdom was established after his D,B &R, that is why he said this before his ascension.

When do you see the kingdom being established?

I think it was always there
but
it was not available

the gospel
the good news
was
that it is now available

turbosixx

I think it was always there
but
it was not available

the gospel
the good news
was
that it is now available

You said "this program has reason, logic, meaning, and purpose", I'm not sure how you could come to that conclusion from applying that to scripture.

The Kingdom had a beginning and I believe it was upon Jesus offering himself to God.

Dan. 2:44 In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. 45Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands

I haven't seen anyone disagree that "those kings" refer to the Roman Empire which was in control when Jesus lived.

Jn. 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

It's a spiritual kingdom.

Jesus prayed "thy kingdom come" because he had a hard road ahead and had to suffer. After his sacrifice, God gave him all authority therefore he is our king and high priest and he is ruling over his kingdom now.

Cross Reference

I don't understand your point. My point is, because they did as Jesus instructed and what the apostles taught they were added.

AND JUST WHAT WAS THE RSULT OF THEM FOLLOWING JESUS' INSTRUCTIONS INSO FAR AS THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE CONCLUSION OF THE RESULT WOULD BE? THEREFORE, THEIR OBEDIENCE WOULD NOT ONLY LEAD TO THEM INTO THE NEW CHRIST CENTERED TERRITORY OF THE PENTECOSTAL EXPERIENCE; THE "COMING UPON" OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THAT BY IT, 3000 PEOPLE WOULD BE CONVERTED AND ADDED TO THE CHURCH THAT HAD BEGUN IN JOHN 20:22! IN OTHER WORDS, IT WAS THE POWER OF GOD THAT COULD ONLY PERFORM IT!

GET MY POINT NOW??

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Jn. 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

this tells me that His kingdom already existed

what does it tell you?