Why Do We Believe Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
John Calvin was none of those things, he played by the rules of the time and did what he felt was necessary. You all's self-righteous platitudes don't help you at all- the Reformers throughout a lot of the world, and you and every other Darbyist are threatened by it so you go and run that jaw until your cheek could shave an apple.

The same might be said about the Nazis in WW2.

Ben Masada

Why do we believe Paul?

Probably because he fabricated the idea that Jesus was the Messiah, son of God and that he had resurrected. Read Acts 9:20 and II Timothy 2:8. That's one reason. The other is that you find easier to walk by faith than to walk by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) To walk by sight you ought to have a mind of your own and try to understand where you walk. To walk by faith, you simply leave the understanding with Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why do we believe Paul?

Probably because he fabricated the idea that Jesus was the Messiah, son of God and that he had resurrected.
Read Acts 9:20 and II Timothy 2:8. That's one reason. The other is that you find easier to walk by faith than
to walk by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) To walk by sight you ought to have a mind of your own and try to understand
where you walk. To walk by faith, you simply leave the understanding with Paul.

You're Jewish and deny your Messiah. I really don't think your opinion counts on a Christian forum. Why not find yourself a Jewish Forum where you can share some camaraderie? Believe me, you're not gonna convince any "True Believer" on this forum. You're wasting your time and theirs.

musterion

Why do we believe Paul?

Probably because he fabricated the idea that Jesus was the Messiah, son of God and that he had resurrected. Read Acts 9:20 and II Timothy 2:8. That's one reason. The other is that you find easier to walk by faith than to walk by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) To walk by sight you ought to have a mind of your own and try to understand where you walk. To walk by faith, you simply leave the understanding with Paul.

What's at stake for you in this discussion? What dog do you have in this fight that keeps you coming back for more? I don't see where you or Chair have one.

Right Divider

Body part
Are you referring to Paul's claim that Jesus appeared to 500 brethren?
I find this claim troubling since Jesus only had 120 followers in the upper room when they received the Holy Spirit.
You are mentally deranged. No, that was NOT what I was referring to.

THIS is what I QUOTED from YOU that I REPLIED to and it was right there in my POST.
I congregate with the true believers.

So you think that the church that was in Jerusalem was stuck at 120? You don't think that it was growing?

On the day of Pentecost alone, they added 3 thousand.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 12:16-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But Peter continued knocking; and when they had opened the door, they saw him and were amazed. 17 But motioning to them with his hand to be silent, he described to them how the Lord had led him out of the prison. And he said, “Report these things to James and the brethren.” Then he left and went to another place.

Obviously Peter believed James was the head man that required a "REPORT"
Hahahaha.... you've got issues. Seek help immediately.

Acts 12:17 (KJV)
(12:17) But he, beckoning unto them with the hand to hold their peace, declared unto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison. And he said, Go shew these things unto James, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

You are FORCING (or trying to force) scripture to mean what YOU WANT it to mean. It does NOT mean that.

The word that YOU think is "report" is:

G518 ἀπαγγέλλω apaggello (ap-an-ğel'-lō) v.
to declare, announce.
[from G575 and the base of G32]
KJV: bring word (again), declare, report, shew (again), tell
Root(s): G575, G32

There is NO sense of a hierarchy here. If there was then THE BRETHREN were also leaders along with James.

Right Divider

Body part
MADists have an obsession with conceiving alleged disappearing acts in the Bible.

Peter 'disappears' in Acts, the Church 'disappears' in Revelation..

It's basically what crumbles MAD, because it shows how much they've fundamentally altered biblical interpretation.

Reality doesn't have any effect on them- they'll simply deny Peter's existence in Rome, among a myriad of other things. It's a complete revision of history.
Spoken like to true "believer". Peter's disappearance is quite significant and yet you try to make it nothing with a wave of your magic wand.

And it is NOTABLE that IMMEDIATELY thereafter, Luke begins accompanying Paul and his group INSTEAD of Peter and the eleven.
http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3557-Luke-started-accompanying-Paul-beginning-in-Acts-16 :readthis:

So what you are now? A Reformed Roman Catholic?
Peter in Rome? Now who's the revisionist?

P.S. Please feel free to give us the "orthodox majority view" of these significant of these events.

musterion

Spoken like to true "believer". Peter's disappearance is quite significant and yet you try to make it nothing with a wave of your magic wand.

And it is NOTABLE that IMMEDIATELY thereafter, Luke begins accompanying Paul and his group INSTEAD of Peter and the eleven.
http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3557-Luke-started-accompanying-Paul-beginning-in-Acts-16 :readthis:

So what you are now? A Reformed Roman Catholic?
Peter in Rome? Now who's the revisionist?

P.S. Please feel free to give us the "orthodox majority view" of these significant of these events.

Make no mistake. If they had the political power, they would feel themselves perfectly justified by God to start "reconverting" or vaporizing heretics, starting with those troublesome dispensationalists.

Right Divider

Body part
As usual, about 80% of this thread are personal attacks or irrelevant. I haven't seen one clear answer: "Why do you believe Paul?"
As I said earlier, the only reason that look possible to me (as an outsider), is that it is Church tradition. Which is a bit circular, since it is Paul's church.

Anybody here have a clear answer to the OP?
I gave a clear answer. It appears that both you and Lilstu don't like real answers.

Right Divider

Body part
The Reformists never denied Peter in Rome, as that was, and still is, accepted history. Like the Greeks, the Reformists saw that while Peter's seat had high sentiment, it had no special authority.

You all's denial of Peter in Rome is just a part of your complete nonsense. It goes to show how utterly heretical you all really are :rolleyes:
Spoken like a true double-talker.

Right Divider

Body part
Question....Is Babylon the Great really Rome?
If so.....
1 Peter 5:13 She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you greetings, and so does my son, Mark.
Is Peter really referring to Rome when he identifies that he is in Babylon?
You just continue to flaunt your stupidity.

There was, at one time, an actual city named Babylon. It's NOT the same thing as "Babylon the Great".

Matt 1:11-12 (KJV)
(1:11) And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: (1:12) And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

Right Divider

Body part
John Calvin was none of those things, he played by the rules of the time and did what he felt was necessary. You all's self-righteous platitudes don't help you at all- the Reformers throughout a lot of the world, and you and every other Darbyist are threatened by it so you go and run that jaw until your cheek could shave an apple.
Anything to justify his sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.