Why Do We Believe Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilstu

Anybody else want a shot? I hope the next shooter has a better aim?

Deuteronomy 18:20 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’

Jeremiah 28:15-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Then Jeremiah the prophet said to Hananiah the prophet, “Listen now, Hananiah, the Lord has not sent you, and you have made this people trust in a lie. 16 Therefore thus says the Lord, ‘Behold, I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This year you are going to die, because you have counseled rebellion against the Lord.’” So Hananiah the prophet died in the same year in the seventh month.

musterion

Here is Crucibles original post: "God has killed heretics since Adam and Even walked out of the garden hombre." I asked him to name one, he affords me 0.

He can't name anybody put to death for heresy under the dispensation of grace in the Bible. The only people he can name in the past 2,000 years are those who have been put to death for heresy at the hands of people just like him.

musterion

Deuteronomy 18:20 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’

Jeremiah 28:15-17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Then Jeremiah the prophet said to Hananiah the prophet, “Listen now, Hananiah, the Lord has not sent you, and you have made this people trust in a lie. 16 Therefore thus says the Lord, ‘Behold, I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This year you are going to die, because you have counseled rebellion against the Lord.’” So Hananiah the prophet died in the same year in the seventh month.

Law.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your dispensations are nonsense. Keep defending fantasy.

Taking down heretics in Calvin's time saved lives. Your culture kills to keep it's cars oiled.

I enjoy seeing you defend the murders of innocent people who committed no "Capitol crimes", just disagreed with that murderous, sadistic, and evil John Calvin.

Lilstu

Back On Paul's Case

Back On Paul's Case

Two stories of Paul.

We all know the story of Paul hearing the voice of Jesus on the road to Damascus.
Paul is blinded. [Acts 9:8] Paul meets with Ananias in Damascus, [Acts 9:10-17], and Paul regains his sight. [Acts 9:18]and Paul preaches to the Jews in Damascus [Acts 9:22] but the Jews plot against him. [Acts 9:23]

But Paul is saved by the disciples who sneak Paul out of Damascus in a basket lowered down the wall.
Then according to Acts, Paul goes to Jerusalem where he meets the Apostles.

Acts 9:25-28 (New American Standard Bible)
25but his disciples took him by night and let him down through an opening in the wall, lowering him in a large basket.
26When he came to Jerusalem, he was trying to associate with the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he was a disciple.
27But Barnabas took hold of him and brought him to the apostles and described to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had talked to him, and how at Damascus he had spoken out boldly in the name of Jesus.
28And he was with them, moving about freely in Jerusalem, speaking out boldly in the name of the Lord.

But in Galatians, Paul tells a slightly different story.
Galatians 1:15-19 (New American Standard Bible)
15But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased
16to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood,
17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus.
18Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days.
19But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother.

Do you see differences in these accounts?
In Acts, Paul goes to Jerusalem after he leaves Damascus. But in Galatians, Paul does not go to Jerusalem but goes to Arabia, and does not go to Jerusalem until three years later. But even three years later, Paul only meets Cephas and James according to Galatians, but in Acts Barnabus introduces Paul to all the Apostles and Paul moves about freely in Jerusalem, speaking out boldly in the name of the Lord. But in contradiction, according to Galatians, Paul was unknown by sight in Jerusalem. [Galatians 1:22]

What is your opinion concerning these differences?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I enjoy seeing you defend the murders of innocent people who committed no "Capitol crimes", just disagreed with that murderous, sadistic, and evil John Calvin.

John Calvin was none of those things, he played by the rules of the time and did what he felt was necessary. You all's self-righteous platitudes don't help you at all- the Reformers throughout a lot of the world, and you and every other Darbyist are threatened by it so you go and run that jaw until your cheek could shave an apple.

Lilstu

Paul bragged about his role.
2Corinthians 12:16
""But be that as it may, I did not burden you myself; nevertheless, crafty fellow that I am, I took you in by deceit.""

Whatever the reason ...do we expect evangelism by deceit?

musterion

Paul bragged about his role.
2Corinthians 12:16
""But be that as it may, I did not burden you myself; nevertheless, crafty fellow that I am, I took you in by deceit.""

Whatever the reason ...do we expect evangelism by deceit?

Stupid concern troll. You're fooling no one.

Lilstu

Crafty Paul misquotes Scripture to Fool You.

Crafty Paul misquotes Scripture to Fool You.

Paul wrote………
Romans 3:10-18 (New American Standard Bible)
10as it is written,
"THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS,
THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS;
THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD,
THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

Here is the original quotation from Psalms

Psalm 14:1-3 (New American Standard Bible)
1The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God "
They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds;
There is no one who does good.
2The LORD has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men
To see if there are any who understand,
Who seek after God.
3They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good, not even one.

Notice that Paul has left out the first line of the Psalm.
1The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God "

So who is this “fool” that the Psalm is speaking about?
Is everyone a fool? Or is a “fool” a member of a particular group?
Fool is Strong’s # 5036
Definition Brown-Driver-Briggs = a man who has no perception of ethical and religious claims, of a heathen nation

Get it?

Lilstu

Read this passage carefully...see a problem?

Romans 1:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
1*Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
2*(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
3*Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4*And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Look at verse 4.
Doesn't it say..."" declared to be the Son of God, by the resurrection from the dead ????
Did Paul get this wrong? Wasn't Jesus always God's son?
It would seem that Paul believed Jesus was appointed God's son after his resurrection.

Status
Not open for further replies.