Why Do We Believe Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

Yet the Roman script is still part of the doctrinal foundation of the Mid/way Actors guild who claim grace is their mantra (club members need only apply) and propose a mystery never revealed until Paul who like all the other apostles are still in hiding from actually being found in the time period except for Mama Romes tales of hear say, yet a little research bursts that bubble and exposes the plagiarized nature of the Jew and Christian tales, Christ within is an ancient truth all awakened beings understood because they had the inward experience of that birth that isn't owned by any nationality or gender that causes division and feeds the duality in the temple run by religious ego and emotion.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Anything to justify his sins.

I'm not justifying sins, I'm just not laboring under a delusion that he was some wicked person when he lived in a world where such actions were warranted. You all live in a world where you don't have to resort to anything except open your big fat mouths. No consequence, just slather your opinion on anything without worrying about your safety.

Calvin didn't have that luxury, he had to be bold- and you all aren't any more bold than those atheists making fools out of you.

musterion

Yet the Roman script is still part of the doctrinal foundation of the Mid/way Actors guild who claim grace is their mantra (club members need only apply) and propose a mystery never revealed until Paul who like all the other apostles are still in hiding from actually being found in the time period except for Mama Romes tales of hear say, yet a little research bursts that bubble and exposes the plagiarized nature of the Jew and Christian tales, Christ within is an ancient truth all awakened beings understood because they had the inward experience of that birth that isn't owned by any nationality or gender that causes division and feeds the duality in the temple run by religious ego and emotion.

My second grade daughter knows how to break up run-on sentences.

Lilstu

You are mentally deranged. No, that was NOT what I was referring to.

THIS is what I QUOTED from YOU that I REPLIED to and it was right there in my POST.

So you think that the church that was in Jerusalem was stuck at 120? You don't think that it was growing?

On the day of Pentecost alone, they added 3 thousand.

Check the timeline...

Lilstu

Was Paul Really a Gentile?

Was Paul Really a Gentile?

When Paul wrote his letter to the Romans, he apparently was writing to a congregation that was predominately of a Gentile background.
Romans 1:13(King James Version)
13Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Now comes the interesting part.........
Read the following verses and tell me what you think.
Romans 9:23-25(King James Version)
23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Paul is addressing the Gentile Romans and telling them that they are called as well as the Jews. But when he says "Even us" is Paul putting himself into the Gentile group and in effect saying he is a gentile? Did Paul misspeak and "tip his hand?"

Is it possible that Paul was really a Gentile masquerading as a Jew?
I am not sure...tell me how you understand his words.

Right Divider

Body part
Is it possible that Paul was really a Gentile masquerading as a Jew?
I am not sure...tell me how you understand his words.
You are one of the craziest loonie bins that we're had here for a while.

Phil 3:4-8 (KJV)
(3:4) Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: (3:5) Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, [of] the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; (3:6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. (3:7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. (3:8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ,

Acts 22:3 (KJV)

(22:3) I am verily a man [which am] a Jew, born in Tarsus, [a city] in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, [and] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Perhaps in the delivery room?

Lilstu

You are one of the craziest loonie bins that we're had here for a while.

Phil 3:4-8 (KJV)
(3:4) Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: (3:5) Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, [of] the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; (3:6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. (3:7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. (3:8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things [but] loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [but] dung, that I may win Christ,

Acts 22:3 (KJV)

(22:3) I am verily a man [which am] a Jew, born in Tarsus, [a city] in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, [and] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Perhaps in the delivery room?

Sometimes people lie.
But sometimes they unexpectedly reveal the truth.
What did you think of the passage I quoted?

Lilstu

The other writers of scripture confirm Paul's apostleship.

It is you that believes contrary to the truth.

2Peter is spurious IMO and Acts was written by Paul's man.

What else have you got?
Does it stack up against all the evidence I have provided in this thread?
Have you read my posts and researched them?

Lilstu

Very Important Evidence Concerning Paul

Very Important Evidence Concerning Paul

IMO Paul was dishonest when he fabricated his Anti-Law theology.

Romans 1:17
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, " BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Galatians 3:11
Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, " THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Paul used the above slogan “”THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."“
as the cornerstone of his theology that man is saved by faith and not by works.

8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Paul got this slogan from Habakkuk 2:4

Habakkuk 2:4 NAS
"Behold, as for the proud one,His soul is not right within him;But the righteous will live by his faith.

I checked several Bible versions and each one says “”HIS”” Faith, and not Faith as Paul quotes it. That’s a clue that Paul has misused this Scripture.

In the NIV study Bible it has a margin note of “’Faithfulness”
The Harper Collins Study Bible has a margin note of “”Faithfulness”’

Although the words are similar, Faith is not the same as Faithfulness.
Does the righteous man live by his faithfulness to the Law?

The Jewish Publication Society has ..” The righteous man is rewarded with life for his Fidelity.

It is interesting to note that in the King James Bible, “Faith” is only used twice in the Hebrew Scriptures.
Strongs # 530 is the word used for faith at Habakkuk 2:4 On only one occasion, Hab 2:4, in the KJV is it translated as Faith. The word is used 49 times and the most popular translation is “Faithfulness”
The Brown- Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon has the meaning of #530 as “firmness, steadfastness, fidelity”

IMO, Paul was dishonest in his use of ““”THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."“

chair

You're Jewish and deny your Messiah. I really don't think your opinion counts on a Christian forum. Why not find yourself a Jewish Forum where you can share some camaraderie? Believe me, you're not gonna convince any "True Believer" on this forum. You're wasting your time and theirs.

I most certainly do not deny my messiah. Jesus is not my messiah.
If you prefer to discuss things only with people who agree with you, then go to the exclusively Christian part of TOL. Or, better yet- go talk to a mirror.

Lilstu

What Convinces You That Jesus Is the Messiah?

You're Jewish and deny your Messiah. I really don't think your opinion counts on a Christian forum. Why not find yourself a Jewish Forum where you can share some camaraderie? Believe me, you're not gonna convince any "True Believer" on this forum. You're wasting your time and theirs.

The Hebrew Scriptures include prophecy to identify the legitimate Messiah.
The interesting thing about these prophecies is that when they are fulfilled the whole world will know and recognize the fulfillment.
Can you cite such prophecy that was fulfilled by Jesus to convince the world that he is their Messiah?

Right Divider

Body part
2Peter is spurious IMO and Acts was written by Paul's man.
Your opinions are unsound.

What else have you got?
Does it stack up against all the evidence I have provided in this thread?
Have you read my posts and researched them?
I've seen people pick and choose which parts of the Bible suit them and some that they want to throw out. You're a cherry-picker to suit your own preconceived ideas. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.