Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a silly argument to make and one that Delmar is unlikely to back up anyway I reckon. It seems to be a thing for people who have such a hang up with homosexuality to maintain that it can be chosen.
You have no idea how different your life, attitudes and inclinations would be if your life circumstances were different. That is all I'm saying and you know I'm right.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
have you seen the push to lower the voting age to 16 and in some cases 13?
Because democracy isn't bad enough as it is, now they're wanting to add children to the mix?

We really are in an insane asylum run by the criminally insane...

Kit the Coyote

why would anybody choose to do that which they know in their hearts is wrong?

For the reason the one person that I know of tried, to prove it could be done and thus hopefully convince lost souls to come to the right path.

I pointed out in the next paragraph that position you mention here is the common response to the challenge along with the other major issue with it.

Arthur Brain

You have no idea how different your life, attitudes and inclinations would be if your life circumstances were different. That is all I'm saying and you know I'm right.

Well, if you'd said that to start with I wouldn't have had much issue as nobody knows. I posted that there's no way I can choose to be attracted to or entertain homosexuality because my inclinations are one way only, which I know to be true.

MrDante

It's a silly argument to make and one that Delmar is unlikely to back up anyway I reckon. It seems to be a thing for people who have such a hang up with homosexuality to maintain that it can be chosen.

I know, but it can be fun watching those champions of choice trying to escape the idea of changing htemselves

MrDante

he doesn't care - his whole game is to associate those who recognize that homosexuality is a perversion with those who hate blacks

it diverts the discussion from facts to accusations and defense

might want to get sherman's ruling on this :think:

More false witness. But from you that is hardly a surprise.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I know, but it can be fun watching those champions of choice trying to escape the idea of changing htemselves

is that what you think is happening? :freak:

and you think it's "fun"? :nono:

tell me dante, could you choose to commit adultery? could you choose to murder? could you choose to lie, to steal? could you choose to be violent towards others, to become addicted to drugs, to abort your child?

of course

you could choose to do all of those if you wanted to, if you embraced what you knew was wrong and gave yourself over to evil impulses

homosexuality is no different, artie's protestations notwithstanding

Arthur Brain

Especially when some of the "choice" advocates describe just how stomach churning they find homosexuality to be. If you're straight then the same gender simply isn't attractive on any sort of desirable level. Those who say otherwise are either trolling or they're not sure about their own sexuality.

ok doser

Especially when some of the "choice" advocates describe just how stomach churning they find homosexuality to be.

same as i'd find the prospect of becoming a serial adulterer or a murderer or a pedophile

If you're straight then the same gender simply isn't attractive on any sort of desirable level.

right - that's the default

that's normal

Those who say otherwise...

what do you mean by "otherwise"?

are you referring to the homos and their suporters who think perversion is normal?

Last edited:

MrDante

is that what you think is happening? :freak:

and you think it's "fun"? :nono:

tell me dante, could you choose to commit adultery? could you choose to murder? could you choose to lie, to steal? could you choose to be violent towards others, to become addicted to drugs, to abort your child?

of course

you could choose to do all of those if you wanted to, if you embraced what you knew was wrong and gave yourself over to evil impulses

homosexuality is no different, artie's protestations notwithstanding

and could you choose to be gay? nope.

ok doser

actually i have three children. and even when they are toddlers i never had to explain to them then two different things aren't the same thing.

And yet you struggle to recognize that racism and homophobia are two different things

fascinating