Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
a mainstay of reparative therapy involves forced nudity of the "problem child" Children are forced to remove all clothing during both individual and group therapy sessions. this nudity is considered therapeutic and the child with the "troubled relationship" is encouraged to engage in “cuddling” with their father. If the father is unavailable then a the reparative therapist acts as a substitute. - Ref: Shidlo, A.; Schroeder, M.; Drescher, J. eds. Sexual conversion therapy: ethical, clinical, and research perspectives 2011

the only perverts are the therapists that push this sort of abuse and the people who defend these sickos.

search word "nudity" doesn't give any results in the online version of the 2002 edition

got a link?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I was a teenager, my parents tried to put me through conversion therapy. I was also made to attend a couple of “exorcisms” to deal with my “obvious” demonic possession. I can certainly attest to it not working for me. I’ve met many others who also attest to it not working for them.

If an adult wishes to give such therapy a try, well I’ve got no problem with that. But it should never be forced on anyone.

I can't help but notice that you having a striking resemblance to the one time owner of Theologyonline.com (TOL has since changed ownership and is owned by a "Sarah Rose of NY"). Are you by chance related to Eric G?

That being said: I would love it if you would return to my thread, as I have dozens and dozens of success stories that I would like to share with you.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Do you think a parent should have the right to abuse their children?
Inasmuch as we agree on what constitutes 'abuse,' then of course not. Do you believe that spanking/corporal punishment is abuse? (Not that I believe this is a valid way to ward off homosexual tendencies, but to establish where we are wrt what constitutes 'abuse.')
Now if you give the only sane answer of "no", then extend that out as to whether institutions should be allowed to operate with practices that do just that. The only sane answer to that once again is "no". It is not "tyranny" or "curtailing liberty" to put a stop to places that harm the wellbeing and health of children. If an adult wants to seek out some quack or moonshine practice then they have that right, but no way should kids be forced into it.
Do you agree with the Chinese in outlawing Chinese parents from teaching their own children about Christ, and about the Christian faith/religion?

Idolater

While I agree with you that no one has such a right, that was not...what I was asking AB about.

My question was whether or not he believes that someone not wanting their same sex attraction has a right to seek help out of it.

A right which AB has already agreed with, in his second reply to me on that question.
I know that. But 'attraction' is one thing, and having sex is another. Nobody has the right to have sex---which implies a right to rape---if no one is willing to have sex with you. Having sex is only by permission, it is not a right.

Idolater

Once the state claims ownership of your children, they can train them to be good little liberal/democratic robots
China is a hot mess right now. Democrats believe in a lot of things that the Chinese also believe in.

Idolater

Right. There is no right to rape, and there is no right to have sex either. It is only by permission. Which is unlike the right to life, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms, by way of example. We do not require permission to live, or to arm ourselves, and arm ourselves well.

Idolater

can you be heterosexual without committing "acts"???
Without committing homosexual acts? Yes, usually. There are acts that are not homosexual but are still nonetheless objectively gravely immoral; idk if that's what you're referring to?

Idolater

protecting children from harm is now tyranny? :first:
Do you agree with the Chinese who think that outlawing parents from teaching their own children about Christ, is 'protecting children from harm?'

Arthur Brain

Inasmuch as we agree on what constitutes 'abuse,' then of course not. Do you believe that spanking/corporal punishment is abuse? (Not that I believe this is a valid way to ward off homosexual tendencies, but to establish where we are wrt what constitutes 'abuse.')

I think there's better ways of disciplining children than spanking and I was spanked a few times when I was a younger kid. What was more effective was the "out of favour" feeling if I'd not pulled my weight at school and associated. I wouldn't say spanking in itself is necessarily abuse but where it comes to physical discipline it can be a fine line.

Do you agree with the Chinese in outlawing Chinese parents from teaching their own children about Christ, and about the Christian faith/religion?

No, not at all.

MrDante

Without committing homosexual acts? Yes, usually. There are acts that are not homosexual but are still nonetheless objectively gravely immoral; idk if that's what you're referring to?

can you be heterosexual without committing HETEROSEXUAL acts"???

ok doser

a mainstay of reparative therapy involves forced nudity of the "problem child" Children are forced to remove all clothing during both individual and group therapy sessions. this nudity is considered therapeutic and the child with the "troubled relationship" is encouraged to engage in “cuddling” with their father. If the father is unavailable then a the reparative therapist acts as a substitute. - Ref: Shidlo, A.; Schroeder, M.; Drescher, J. eds. Sexual conversion therapy: ethical, clinical, and research perspectives 2011

the only perverts are the therapists that push this sort of abuse and the people who defend these sickos.

search word "nudity" doesn't give any results in the online version of the 2002 edition

can't find a 2011 version

got a link?

Arthur Brain

I can't help but notice that you having a striking resemblance to the one time owner of Theologyonline.com (TOL has since changed ownership and is owned by a "Sarah Rose of NY"). Are you by chance related to Eric G?

That being said: I would love it if you would return to my thread, as I have dozens and dozens of success stories that I would like to share with you.

What are you going on about?!

:freak:

Kit the Coyote

What are you going on about?!

:freak:

I think he is desperately looking for someone he thinks he can beat in his thread. His latest response to me has returned to snidely misrepresenting what I said, disparaging me by suggestions that I'm a pathological liar, and questioning once again if my family exists. He doesn't seem to realize that all these are tactics of someone desperately losing an argument. When you can't win on the quality of the message, attack the messenger.

Arthur Brain

I think he is desperately looking for someone he thinks he can beat in his thread. His latest response to me has returned to snidely misrepresenting what I said, disparaging me by suggestions that I'm a pathological liar, and questioning once again if my family exists. He doesn't seem to realize that all these are tactics of someone desperately losing an argument. When you can't win on the quality of the message, attack the messenger.

It's all he's ever been capable of since joining. He blustered into the forum claiming to be a "master of mockery" and besides his obvious obsession with homosexuality, his "mockery" has consisted of inventing repetitive innuendo up about posters, calling everybody "Aaron" and going on about how he used to play "manly sports" as a kid and pretending to be a cop. Classic projection at its "finest"...

:rain:

MrDante

Congratulations you are now truly a member of theologyonline.com

ok doser

can't find a 2011 version

got a link?

Try Amazon

ok

https://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Conversion-Therapy-Clincial-Perspectives/dp/0789019108

nope, still no matches to search string "nudity"

care to try again?

ok doser

wait....do you think i gave an exact quote rather than paraphrasing? :chuckle:

what i'm looking for is some kind of supportive evidence for your claim that;

a mainstay of reparative therapy involves forced nudity of the "problem child" Children are forced to remove all clothing during both individual and group therapy sessions. this nudity is considered therapeutic and the child with the "troubled relationship" is encouraged to engage in “cuddling” with their father. If the father is unavailable then a the reparative therapist acts as a substitute

'cause i'd hate to think that you made it up