Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

Danoh

No. Being attracted to what is laughable would work, like being aroused by milk bottles

Reminds me of something I once heard while meeting with some one at an ER where they had checked in for some emergency health issue.

At one point, an ambulance pulls up and two Paramedics rush in with some overly dramatic homosexual on the stretcher.

I over hear one of the Paramedics say to a Doctor "I still can't believe he was that desperate, that he stuck that coke bottle up his rectum...well, gotta run..."

A friend of mine walks over to the guy on the stretcher and he tells her that yes, he had been "aroused by a...bottle."

:chuckle:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Reminds me of something I once heard while meeting with some one at an ER where they had checked in for some emergency health issue.

At one point, an ambulance pulls up and two Paramedics rush in with some overly dramatic homosexual on the stretcher.

I over hear one of the Paramedics say to a Doctor "I still can't believe he was that desperate, that he stuck that coke bottle up his rectum...well, gotta run..."

A friend of mine walks over to the guy on the stretcher and he tells her that yes, he had been "aroused by a...bottle."

:chuckle:

It really takes all kinds, and without the Lord, there will be people who desire mutilating their bodies and very stupid psychologists who have come to think they as not insane, but these psychologists are usually atheists and think they can live by 'new gods', nicer than God.

The gods of 'sweetie pie' transcendent wackos.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The idea of a boy being attracted to another boy IS laughable---until you learn that he's not joking. Then it is grave.

Learn this, it is better to have him be a queer, than to allow him to think being a 'she' will make him normal.
This was the thinking in the late 60s, transsexual operations cured homosexuality. I was there listening to lecture at Stanford University.

Now, they knew that most of these gender sickos are not even attracted to men, but have a "trust issue" and "control issue" about women. They take lots of time, but start out being transvestite, then hating the fetish, they convince themselves they should have been born women!

What is so sick about this is psychotherapists go along with this for the money, and most of them are females.
Don't believe me, check it out before making an argument.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No, I got it, I just passed over it without mentioning that I do understand what you mean. In the face of abject poverty, gluttony becomes more grave. I agree with you. Gluttony in the developed world is a different animal, or at least is more towards the lighter end of the gravity spectrum.

I think you got it now.

Kit the Coyote

So this looks interesting. I like that it touches on one of the major problems with these programs other than just the potential for abuse and that is that they destroy families. Many are based on the idea that homosexuality is caused by an abusive or non-supporting father or an overprotective mother and when minors are forced into the programs for the wrong reasons and fail they wind up hating their parents because of it.

It is based on a true story by the same title. I've added Boy Erased to my library reading list looking forward to a first-hand account of these programs.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
conversion-therapy-graphic.jpg

When most Americans, including Christians, require medical care, they don't head straight to their local "tele-evangelist" expecting a cure by the "laying on of hands!"

Conversely, conservative religious bias should not be the basis for subjecting patients to "Conversion Therapy" unless it can be justified medically!

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
I think you got it now.
'Seems that people had reason to think that Jesus was guilty of gluttony (Mt11:19KJV). I wonder if He was a little chubby? :) (No sacrilege or irreverence or blasphemy implied.)

Idolater

conversion-therapy-graphic.jpg

When most Americans, including Christians, require medical care, they don't head straight to their local "tele-evangelist" expecting a cure by the "laying on of hands!"

Conversely, conservative religious bias should not be the basis for subjecting patients to "Conversion Therapy" unless it can be justified medically!
It seems dumb that people want to legalize physician-assisted suicide, but outlaw 'conversion therapy.' There must be a more humane way to try to help those suffering from the trial of disordered desires, than the inherent inhumanity of assisted suicide, I would think.

Kit the Coyote

It seems dumb that people want to legalize physician-assisted suicide, but outlaw 'conversion therapy.' There must be a more humane way to try to help those suffering from the trial of disordered desires, than the inherent inhumanity of assisted suicide, I would think.

Since no one is proposing assisted suicide as a means of treating those suffering from the trial of 'disordered desires', this point seems rather 'pointless'.

Idolater

Very well I'll correct it.

Since no sane person is proposing assisted suicide as a means of treating those suffering from the trial of 'disordered desires', this point seems rather 'pointless'.
OK, so it's the 'disordered desires' that ruffled your feathers, and that's why you chose to read me uncharitably? OK. Other than that, the comparison I drew was completely valid.

Kit the Coyote

OK, so it's the 'disordered desires' that ruffled your feathers, and that's why you chose to read me uncharitably? OK. Other than that, the comparison I drew was completely valid.

No that didn't ruffle my feathers at all. I only highlighted it to indicate it was your description, I would probably have used something different but that would only have distracted more.

I read your point uncharitably because it was as I said pointless. There is no sane connection in your comparison. But please feel free to show where any sane medical professionals are suggesting assisted suicide as a means of treating mental health issues related to disordered desires.

Idolater

No that didn't ruffle my feathers at all. I only highlighted it to indicate it was your description, I would probably have used something different but that would only have distracted more.

I read your point uncharitably because it was as I said pointless. There is no sane connection in your comparison. But please feel free to show where any sane medical professionals are suggesting assisted suicide as a means of treating mental health issues related to disordered desires.
No one said anything like that, which is why I said 'uncharitable.' Both are medical therapies. One of them kills you. That's the point.

Kit the Coyote

What 'backpedal?' Try not reading into things so much? 'Uncharitable,' that's what it means; that, plus negative spin.

I've gone back and reread your original comment four times now, I can't find any way to interpret it except as I did. Your second explanation did not change that interpretation and made even less sense. If I am missing something I apologize but until you can make it clearer, I can only read your meaning one way.