Why "Conversion Therapy" Should Be Illegal

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
your personal bigotry doesn't cause others to be disordered, just you.
Homosexual acts are acts of grave depravity, intrinsically disordered, are contrary to the natural law; they close the sexual act to the gift of life; they do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity, and under no circumstances can they be approved.

Deep-seated homosexual tendencies are objectively disordered, and constitute for most homosexuals a trial.

Homosexuals must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

They are also called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

This is just the authorized Christian moral teaching on the matter. It's not 'bigotry.'

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm#2357

Last edited:

MrDante

Homosexual acts are acts of grave depravity, intrinsically disordered, are contrary to the natural law;
that is a nice opinion take that and a couple dollars to your local MacDonald's and you can get yourself a soda.

they close the sexual act to the gift of life; they do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity, and under no circumstances can they be approved.

Ah the old "They can't experience love" ply of racists and anti Semitics and of just about every other sad and hateful group around.

It works well in the dehumanizing process making blacks....err...I mean gays, not just enthralled to their animal lusts but animals themselves. and viewing others as animals makes it easier when it comes time to introduce the final solution.

What I've experienced is that anyone claiming that some other group of people can't know real love are themselves the ones incapable of experiencing love.

Deep-seated homosexual tendencies are objectively disordered, and constitute for most homosexuals a trial.
if it was objective it could be actually demonstrated.

As for "trial" the main trial gays face is dealing with bigots and hate mongers.

Homosexuals must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided.
Do you plan to start someday?

This is just the authorized Christian moral teaching on the matter. It's not 'bigotry.'

Be honest here....its bigotry.

Last edited:

Idolater

that is a nice opinion take that and a couple dollars to your local MacDonald's and you can get yourself a soda.

Ah the old "They can't experience love" ply of racists and anti Semitics and of just about every other sad and hateful group around.

It works well in the dehumanizing process making blacks....err...I mean gays, not just enthralled to their animal lusts but animals themselves. and viewing others as animals makes it easier when it comes time to introduce the final solution.

What I've experienced is that anyone claiming that some other group of people can't know real love are themselves the ones incapable of experiencing love.

if it was objective it could be actually demonstrated.

As for "trial" the main trial gays face is dealing with bigots and hate mongers.

Do you plan to start someday?

Be honest here....its bigotry.
idk if you're a Christian or not, but when I say 'authorized,' I mean that if an unbiased Christian or non-Christian historian were to trace the Christian faith back through the centuries, they would conclude that Catholicism is the actual 'movement' or 'religion' that Jesus Christ actually founded. And it is THAT teaching office of THAT faith who teaches things that Jesus Himself authorizes her to teach. This depends upon Christ's Resurrection being nonfiction---understood. If you don't believe He is risen from the dead, fine, you have the right, but so that you understand what I mean, this is THE authentic and authoritative and authorized Christian treatment of the matter.

You don't have to believe it. You can be like me and be a non-Catholic Christian, not 'in full communion,' and still be a Christian, but this is Jesus's Church's view, and so it's His view, again, according to historical record. So if you're calling Jesus a bigot, then I of course am not going to agree with that. I don't know of any Christian who would be OK thinking Jesus is a bigot.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
idk if you're a Christian or not, but when I say 'authorized,' I mean that if an unbiased Christian or non-Christian historian were to trace the Christian faith back through the centuries, they would conclude that Catholicism is the actual 'movement' or 'religion' that Jesus Christ actually founded. And it is THAT teaching office of THAT faith who teaches things that Jesus Himself authorizes her to teach. This depends upon Christ's Resurrection being nonfiction---understood. If you don't believe He is risen from the dead, fine, you have the right, but so that you understand what I mean, this is THE authentic and authoritative and authorized Christian treatment of the matter.

You don't have to believe it. You can be like me and be a non-Catholic Christian, not 'in full communion,' and still be a Christian, but this is Jesus's Church's view, and so it's His view, again, according to historical record. So if you're calling Jesus a bigot, then I of course am not going to agree with that. I don't know of any Christian who would be OK thinking Jesus is a bigot.

well said

just curious here - you're a non-Catholic who accepts Catholic dogma?

Idolater

well said

just curious here - you're a non-Catholic who accepts Catholic dogma?
I'm not Catholic but I accept that Peter's pastorate the papacy is the supreme pastorate of Jesus's own Church, that He and His Apostles actually founded. So I'm not really a Protestant (anymore), since I don't protest the popes/Catholic bishops/Holy See.

MrDante

Homosexual desires are 'disordered desires,' this is just the authorized Christian moral teaching on the matter. If you disagree, fine; you have the right to it. But it is not a 'lie.'

well, no

it's used on individuals who are most decidedly not healthy

So lovemeorhateme was and is sick?

When I was a teenager, my parents tried to put me through conversion therapy. I was also made to attend a couple of “exorcisms” to deal with my “obvious” demonic possession. I can certainly attest to it not working for me. I’ve met many others who also attest to it not working for them.

If an adult wishes to give such therapy a try, well I’ve got no problem with that. But it should never be forced on anyone.

MrDante

Being a Christian is defined by one's relationship with God. It is not defined as hating the same people you do.

Jesus isn't the one here lying about people being disordered or sick, he isn't the one here dehumanizing people. He isn't the one here pretending that minorities aren't capable of love.

It's just you.

SO go put on your big boy panties and be man enough to own your own action and not not try to hide your prejudice behind God

Kit the Coyote

idk if you're a Christian or not, but when I say 'authorized,' I mean that if an unbiased Christian or non-Christian historian were to trace the Christian faith back through the centuries, they would conclude that Catholicism is the actual 'movement' or 'religion' that Jesus Christ actually founded.

I remember hearing about just such a study quite a while back, I'm afraid it been too long for me to find the reference. The study took an unbiased looked at the history and doctrines of Christian churches to determine which could claim a historical link to Christ himself. The conclusion was the Catholic Church and the Mormons were the only ones who could make that claim. Some Eastern Orthodox churches might argue the point.

ok doser

Being a Christian is defined by one's relationship with God.

a non-Christian lecturing a Christian on what it means to be a Christian?

I'd permaban you just for that

It is not defined as hating the same people you do.

you're the only one talking about hate :idunno:
Jesus isn't the one here lying about people being disordered or sick

nobody here is lying

nobody here is hating

SO go put on your big boy panties and be man enough to own your own action and not not try to hide your prejudice behind God

yeah, this one's worth reporting

ok doser

I remember hearing about just such a study quite a while back, I'm afraid it been too long for me to find the reference. The study took an unbiased looked at the history and doctrines of Christian churches to determine which could claim a historical link to Christ himself. The conclusion was the Catholic Church and the Mormons were the only ones who could make that claim. Some Eastern Orthodox churches might argue the point.

:freak: the mormons? :freak:

apparently this study was done by mormons?

ok doser

I'm not Catholic but I accept that Peter's pastorate the papacy is the supreme pastorate of Jesus's own Church, that He and His Apostles actually founded. So I'm not really a Protestant (anymore), since I don't protest the popes/Catholic bishops/Holy See.

Interesting and I may come back to it when I'm not on my handheld. I learned a lot about Catholic dogma and catechism, stuff like that from trad and zippy. They were very informative and I valued their participation. Not sure if you knew them.

this is the 1st time that I've used my speech recognition software so I'm gonna try it before I press send but who knows what its going to look like.

ok doser

No simply unbiased, they went into the study making no assumptions about the churches and accepted the church's doctrines and beliefs without question.

don't all churches believe themselves to be the best representatives of Christ's flock?