Who will answer my questions?

glorydaz

I mean the verses that show that God is the God of Jesus and that show that the father is the only true God? Do you want me to post them and then you can tell me why I shouldn't believe them? Not just when he was a man, but after he is risen?

I've spoken to you about philippians 2, what do you want to know?

No, I know those verses you're talking about and I understand fully that Jesus was speaking as a man....which He is. It's the verses that show He is God that you insist on ignoring. You can't just pick out the verses that speak of His humanity and ignore those which speak of His deity. That's just plugging your ears instead of hearing the WHOLE TRUTH. A half truth of Jesus in His humanity won't save you.

It's what you did with Phil. 2. You ignore ALL THIS.....

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

To focus on His be EXALTED.....raised to the Glory He had with God from before the world was.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.​

oatmeal

Whatever you do, don't look anywhere else. :chuckle:

To answer your question, GOD, and here HE IS.

John 1:1, John 1:2, John 1:3, John 1:14

Col. 1:15-17 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Thank you! Now was that so difficult?

See, you survived, not a scratch on you as the result of answering a simple question!

Bravo!

oatmeal

You make Jesus into a mere man who did well and then God exalts him to the highest place.

NO mere man can come to the highest place and be given the name above all others.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man and is the Savior, Redeemer, the Deliverer, the First and the Last.

God did not make Jesus like a God. Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Man.

What is the matter with that?

God did, after all, choose to have a human son who did all His will.

Why wouldn't God exalt His human son?

Who says, besides you, that a mere man couldn't believe to do the will of God and be highly exalted as a result?

Notice it does not say "highest exalted" for that is reserved for the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ alone.

It does say "highly exalted"

Doesn't it?

If you humble yourself, God promises to exalt you!

I Peter 5:6!

Why not just you, but all Christians become humble before God like Jesus Christ did and receive being exalted by God

God exalted Jesus the anointed, Jesus did not exalt himself. See Philippians 2:9

marhig

Pops. believes. that. Jesus. while. he. walked. the. earth. was. God. That. is what. I. also. believe. So. why. do. you . call. it. a. bit. difference?
Because I see that Jesus is the Christ anointed of God he was in the fullness of God bodily, dead to the flesh, full of the Holy Spirit, thus in the fullness of God showing the express image of God to all. Obeying the commandments of the Father and living by his will, and speaking only what he was given to speak from the father. Thus he bore witness to the truth. .

oatmeal

HA....Notice I had to go beyond your question to get the true and complete answer. You were fishing with half a worm.

I noticed that you did answer the question then add a great deal more.

Of course, I do not agree with people who interpret those verses without the greater context of the entire word of God.

When people look at the whole word, the entire logos of God, they will see much more clearly and accurately that God alone, a single entity, created the heaven and the earth.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God.

Jesus was not invisible, there fore he cannot be the invisible God.

If you claim that Jesus is the visible God, then you have two Gods

One who is invisible and one which is visible.

So is God invisible or visible?

Even Jesus Christ said, no man, including Jesus the anointed, has seen God at any time.

Since many people saw Jesus Christ, he cannot be God.

He is however, the son of God.

marhig

You make Jesus into a mere man who did well and then God exalts him to the highest place.

NO mere man can come to the highest place and be given the name above all others.

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man and is the Savior, Redeemer, the Deliverer, the First and the Last.

God did not make Jesus like a God. Jesus is God come in the flesh as a Man.
If Jesus is God the Father then he wouldn't need to be exalted, because he would be the father and there is none higher than the father. So if he was the father, that means he exalted himself and that makes no sense.

marhig

No, it is not fine. You both are doing wrong by going against others in a disrespectful way while you are overly careful with each other.
You mean because I don't agree with everything you say? And you think I'm disrespectful? I think you need to look at how you speak to others GT.

oatmeal

So do you finally believe now that Jesus was God and is God?

Why would I do that?

Did she show that?

No, she did not. She presented scriptures that she thinks support her theology, but does not.

Sadly, she has missed much simpler and plainer truths as illustrated by the fact she refuses to answer my question about I Timothy 2:5 and many others.

Well, until the scriptures become truth, rather than a theological issue, for "mainstream" Christianity, they will miss out on great truths.

For that matter, scripture simply does not support her conclusions.

Last edited:

marhig

No, I know those verses you're talking about and I understand fully that Jesus was speaking as a man....which He is. It's the verses that show He is God that you insist on ignoring. You can't just pick out the verses that speak of His humanity and ignore those which speak of His deity. That's just plugging your ears instead of hearing the WHOLE TRUTH. A half truth of Jesus in His humanity won't save you.

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

To focus on His be EXALTED.....raised to the Glory He had with God from before the world was.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.​
I'll get back to philippians 2 in a minute, but I would like it if you can tell me why Jesus calls God his God not only when he was a man, but also after he has left the flesh and is risen?

Revelation 3

3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of MY GOD, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of MY GOD , and the name of the city of MY GOD , which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from MY GOD: and I will write upon him my new name.

3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

So why shouldn't believe that God is also the God of Jesus?

And why do the apostles call God, the God and father of Jesus Christ after Jesus is risen?

marhig

The form of God doesn't mean that Jesus is God, Jesus was made into the form of God by the power of the Holy Spirit because he didn't live after the flesh in any way whatsoever but by the will of God the father, and this world had nothing in him. because he laid down his life to bare witness to the truth, to preach the gospel, to do and teach, and he suffered and obeyed God completely and never disobeying him and became in the form of a servant being a perfect example for us to follow. And God gave him power over all flesh. And so we saw the fullness of God bodily.

Who was Jesus obedient unto death too?

And Jesus being with the father before the world was, doesn't make him God, why does what is said in John 17:5 make him God? If you read all of John 17 then it's very clear that God is the God and father of Jesus Christ.

And still it says in the bible that God exalted Jesus and that the father gave him power over all flesh, turn that whatever way you like, but to me that shows that the father is the only true God, just as Jesus says he is, and that he is the God and father of Jesus Christ, Just as Jesus and the apostles say he is, whilst he walked the earth as a man and after the resurrection.

I have to go, I'll reply to anything else again God willing.

glorydaz

I noticed that you did answer the question then add a great deal more.

Of course, I do not agree with people who interpret those verses without the greater context of the entire word of God.

When people look at the whole word, the entire logos of God, they will see much more clearly and accurately that God alone, a single entity, created the heaven and the earth.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God.

Jesus was not invisible, there fore he cannot be the invisible God.

If you claim that Jesus is the visible God, then you have two Gods

One who is invisible and one which is visible.

So is God invisible or visible?

Even Jesus Christ said, no man, including Jesus the anointed, has seen God at any time.

Since many people saw Jesus Christ, he cannot be God.

He is however, the son of God.

I loved this old show called the Invisible Man. When he wrapped himself in bandages, he could be seen. When he unwrapped the bandages, he was invisible. Bandaged man was also the Invisible Man.....same guy. Imagine that? :idea:

oatmeal

I loved this old show called the Invisible Man. When he wrapped himself in bandages, he could be seen. When he unwrapped the bandages, he was invisible. Bandaged man was also the Invisible Man.....same guy. Imagine that? :idea:

So, you get truth from television not from scripture?

that explains your theology much better.

What can you tell us about God and His son from "Get Smart" or "My Favorite Martian" or "Bonanza"?

Or how about "My mother the car"?

There is no such thing as "The invisible man"

oatmeal

Why do you ignore what Jesus said when He said, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father?

Thank you, I am well aware of that verse.

If you seen me, you've seen my father.

I am a chip off the old block.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

I always do my Father's will

You want to know what God's will is, learn what Jesus Christ did and from whom he learned it.