ECT WHO IS PAUL PERSUADING IN Gal 1:10 ??

God's Truth

That's because you're stupid and jump to conclusions with your tantrums.

Where is it?
The only person I recall that was begging for reps and wanting to form a rep club was PJ.
Don't know if that club ever took off well, and I darn sure know I wasn't in it.

This is just another instance of you being a 'poor little me' blowhard.

I disagree.

glorydaz

No one can boast in the ceremonial works like the Jews could.

Study how Paul boasted in himself and others for obeying Jesus, and read how he teaches us to boast in each other.

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

Spoiler
For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10
You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Acts 23:1
Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

2 Corinthians 11:10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, this boasting of mine will not be silenced in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! 12 But I will keep on doing what I am doing, in order to undercut those who want an opportunity to be regarded as our equals in the things they boast about.

The Jews used to be able to boast in their ceremonial/purification works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the ceremonial works to boast in, they boasted in those they circumcised too.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Unfortunately, you read what you want into what Paul says.

If I wanted to waste my time, or thought you would bother to listen, I'd take each verse you cite and explain it to you. Instead, I'll just let Paul speak for himself and tell you how wrong you are.

1 Thessalonians 2:5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness: 6 Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.​

glorydaz

Look at your rep points and then look at mine. You are obviously the one who cares more about it. Look at how many times you have been thanked and how much you thank others. What kind of deals did you make for that? lol

Of course the logical explanation would be that more people like my posts than yours. Last I heard the rep points topped out at a certain number. Why haven't you caught up after all this time?

Oh, it might be because you belittle Christ's work on the Cross and claim salvation must be earned.

Bet you never thought it might be the message, itself, did you? :dunce:

glorydaz

Regrettably, you're obviously right on this.

And talk about clueless - if others on here wanted their approval then said others would not be opposing them.

Duh-uh :D

Is that why YOUR rep points read 1093178 - over a million :jawdrop:

Who in the world would give you a rep?

glorydaz

Did you have to say regrettably? Is it regrettably that you agree with me or regrettably that they care so much for reps and thanks?

Regrettably, "said others" are opposing you both. :rotfl:

You both are pitching a fit because "said others" see through your propensity to boast. :DK:

God's Truth

Unfortunately, you read what you want into what Paul says.

If I wanted to waste my time, or thought you would bother to listen, I'd take each verse you cite and explain it to you. Instead, I'll just let Paul speak for himself and tell you how wrong you are.

1 Thessalonians 2:5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness: 6 Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.​

It's not so hard. Did Paul boast or not in his obedience?

Oh how I love the Word of God.

God's Truth

Regrettably, "said others" are opposing you both. :rotfl:

You both are pitching a fit because "said others" see through your propensity to boast. :DK:

Paul boasting in himself and those who obey...

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

hahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Paul also shames people who do not act with integrity.

Danoh

Did you have to say regrettably? Is it regrettably that you agree with me or regrettably that they care so much for reps and thanks?

Yes, I had to say "regrettably."

For here they are - forever going on about the gospel of the grace of God - only to consistently prove their true god is their belly, their minding of things are those this world places a high value on, and their glorying is in their shame.

Yeah, I do find that regrettable a thing to constantly observe in said so called experts on the gospel of the GRACE of God.

They are...shameless - or as the Apostle they claim to follow put that - they are "past feeling."

There is...no reaching those "past feeling."

That...is regrettable..

Rom. 5:8.

God's Truth

For here they are - forever going on about the gospel of the grace of God - only to consistently prove their true god is their belly, their minding of things are those this world places a high value on, and their glorying is in their shame.

Yeah, I do find that regrettable a thing to constantly observe in said so called experts on the gospel of the GRACE of God.

They are...shameless - or as the Apostle they claim to follow put that - they are "past feeling."

That...is regrettable..

It is so good to know you weren't taking a shot at me while saying something so valuable.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

That...is regrettable..

Trump Won !!! :rotfl:

glorydaz

Paul boasting in himself and those who obey...

hahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Paul also shames people who do not act with integrity.

You laugh and accuse Paul of boasting in his own obedience. Dear Lord.

Paul says quite clearly he relies totally on the Grace of God.

And you claim Paul is boasting in his own obedience here, too, right?

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​

May God have mercy on your soul. :nono: