White Lives Matter

Arthur Brain

AB - you're actually attempting get aa point accross to Gross Nick; the bigot and grace gospel fraud?

Well, it's not so much a point exactly as simple fact. If you're straight then your sexual attractions go one way only, and that isn't a choice.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was under the impression that the holy spirit saves people, not lobotomizing them. You do not get to get away with denying reality just because you claim to have a spirit that tells you otherwise. How long will you fundamentalists abuse the teachings of Paul on the wisdom of the world as opposed to the wisdom of God? It has NOTHING to do with Christians knowing the truth about empirical reality as described by the natural sciences, it has to do with overturning Greco-Roman worship of power, instead he preaches Christ crucified and the values associated with that.

:chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Unsaved people are capable of any form of sin. It's a matter of choice.

Nope, that's just empty rhetoric without any foundation or support. I can't choose to be attracted to my own gender, I couldn't torture another person or animal, I couldn't rape someone etc. Am I capable of wrongdoing? Sure and I've been guilty of it along with everyone else including you. But don't proclaim that an "unsaved" person is capable of anything because that's not only asinine it's also bearing false witness. If you feel as though you could commit atrocities without faith then that's on you, nobody else.

Danoh

Well, it's not so much a point exactly as simple fact. If you're straight then your sexual attractions go one way only, and that isn't a choice.

My point still stands; in Gross Nick you are dealing with a bigot deadset in his "choice" to be a bigot.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Simply put, Non-Christians will not accept Spiritual truth. They do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They are worldly/fleshly and Spiritual blind.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope, that's just empty rhetoric without any foundation or support. I can't choose to be attracted to my own gender, I couldn't torture another person or animal, I couldn't rape someone etc. Am I capable of wrongdoing? Sure and I've been guilty of it along with everyone else including you. But don't proclaim that an "unsaved" person is capable of anything because that's not only asinine it's also bearing false witness. If you feel as though you could commit atrocities without faith then that's on you, nobody else.

That's because your flesh hasn't chosen those particular sins. You have no desire for those sins, however, there are sins that appeal to you if you're a human being without Christ.

Arthur Brain

My point still stands; in Gross Nick you are dealing with a bigot deadset in his "choice" to be a bigot.

So, should I just ignore him in your opinion or confront such an attitude? You don't exactly ignore those who you disagree with dude.

;)

Selaphiel

Simply put, Non-Christians will not accept Spiritual truth. They do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They are worldly/fleshly and Spiritual blind.

Secterianism at its finest. Not to mention that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So these non-christians are guilty of breaking a law they cannot even in principle discern?

Also, I am a Christian. I just don`t accept a theology which requires you to sacrifice your intellect. Your theology sounds a whole lot more like gnosticism than any recognizable form of traditional Christianity, with your secret privileged knowledge.

Arthur Brain

That's because your flesh hasn't chosen those particular sins. You have no desire for those sins, however, there are sins that appeal to you if you're a human being without Christ.

There's no "desire" or "choice" involved whatsoever. I'm not remotely attracted to other men, I'm appalled by cruelty and I'm not too fond of religious zealots saying that those outside of faith are capable of doing who knows what...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Would have to look into all the cases then. Dolphins however have been observed doing homosexual acts. Or in insects for that matter

For one, insects do not reason in the 'first degree'- they are pretty much instinctive by nature. One only needs to compare the instincts of a cat, who is far more intelligent, to gather that an insect may as well be robotic.

Interestingly enough, dolphins may exhibit homosexuality because they are so intelligent- like primates, they can deduce sexual satisfaction in more than what their elementary instincts grant them.

But
Nowhere in nature is homosexuality observed in the way homosexual supporters try to argue it- when it comes down to it, it is a carnal act that cannot be justified by a natural order. Homosexuality harbors no benefit to mankind than disease and scandal- that's the politically incorrect bottom line.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For one, insects do not reason in the 'first degree'- they are pretty much instinctive by nature. One only needs to compare the instincts of a cat, who is far more intelligent, to gather that an insect may as well be robotic.

Interestingly enough, dolphins may exhibit homosexuality because they are so intelligent- like primates, they can deduce sexual satisfaction in more than what their elementary instincts grant them.

But
Nowhere in nature is homosexuality observed in the way homosexual supporters try to argue it- when it comes down to it, it is a carnal act that cannot be justified by a natural order. Homosexuality harbors no benefit to mankind than disease and scandal- that's the politically incorrect bottom line.

True.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And you denying that homosexuality is a natural phenomena is a denial of reality. How do you explain the occurence of homosexuality in so many non-human animal species?

by the same measure, rape and cannibalism is a natural phenomena

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's no "desire" or "choice" involved whatsoever. I'm not remotely attracted to other men, I'm appalled by cruelty and I'm not too fond of religious zealots saying that those outside of faith are capable of doing who knows what...

Well, that's because you're annoyed by the truth. I don't blame you for that because you have a reason. That reason being, you're a lost sinner awaiting God's Judgement and being cast into The Lake of Fire, for eternity.

Selaphiel

But why would God give them perverse instincts? That they act by instinct is not an argument. You assume that sexual attraction is necessarily a high order rational process. You have not justified that claim. Evolutionary logic rather suggest that the mechanisms of sexuality are a lot more primitive, since they are required for basic sexual reproduction in species who reproduce in that manner.

But

How do they argue it? What scandal do homosexuals cause except for offending bigots? The offense of that would require the bigot to justify his or her reason for being offended in a rational manner. There are sexual transmittable diseases in heterosexual sexual acts as well. Transmitting of disease is not an inherent part of homosexuality. The essential part of homosexuality are the same sex attractions and relations, which can result in the transmitting of a sexually transmittable disease, but that is an accidental part of it. The same is true of heterosexual acts.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Secterianism at its finest. Not to mention that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So these non-christians are guilty of breaking a law they cannot even in principle discern?

Also, I am a Christian. I just don`t accept a theology which requires you to sacrifice your intellect. Your theology sounds a whole lot more like gnosticism than any recognizable form of traditional Christianity, with your secret privileged knowledge.

What is it that I believe? Do you even know, or are you just being accusatory?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
by the same measure, rape and cannibalism is a natural phenomena

I don't know about 'phenomena'

Rape is a feature of male desire overriding morality- it's very common in nature because nature frankly isn't moral

And
Cannibalism is closely correlated with tribalism, or religion

As far as any species who know the difference between food and kin, anyways :rolleyes: