Where Does The Bible Say...? (HOF thread)

JustAChristian

Re: Re: We don't make the rules!

Re: Re: We don't make the rules!

Originally posted by Aimiel

Now The Lord is That Spirit, and where The Spirit of The Lord is, there is liberty. He is NOT an 'it' and prefers to be called Him, He, The Lord or The Spirit of The Lord. He enters them only when and if invited. Before that, He can be 'with' them, but will not violate their freewill, by entering their flesh, without permission. He is A Perfect Gentleman.

Aimiel,

You say that the Spirit comes in when invited. You can show me proof from the scriptures that this is how He comes in, can't you. You know, the bible tells us to prove all things (1 Thess. 5:21). Show just one example of someone in the bible inviting the Spirit into their heart and you have a valid argument.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Originally posted by lighthouse

I think somebody put me on ignore. :think:

Aimiel-
I agree with you, to a point. But I think it would be Predestination/election if believing God is real were given from him.

Are you two on the right thread?

Aimiel

Re: Re: Re: We don't make the rules!

Re: Re: Re: We don't make the rules!

Originally posted by JustAChristian

You say that the Spirit comes in when invited. You can show me proof from the scriptures that this is how He comes in, can't you. You know, the bible tells us to prove all things (1 Thess. 5:21). Show just one example of someone in the bible inviting the Spirit into their heart and you have a valid argument.
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Them that ask Him, that is a whole lot more than one; it is every single one that asks.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: We don't make the rules!

Re: Re: Re: Re: We don't make the rules!

Originally posted by Aimiel

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Them that ask Him, that is a whole lot more than one; it is every single one that asks.

Granted, the Lord give to those that ask of Him. What does He give. He gives good gifts (Matthew 711; Luke 11:13) of which the Holy Spirit is said to be. How does He give good gifts? First there must be an asking. God rewards through obedience of faith (Romans 1:5; Hebrews 5:8-9). The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey the command to be baptized for the remission of sins. He does not enter the personage of anyone other that through the invite of obedience. We see it clearly in Acts 2:38. It evidences one's salvation as in Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." An alien sinner, however, can not express and invitation to the Holy Spirit to enter those who are not first sons of God (Gal. 4:6).

JustAChristian :angel:

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
JustAChristian-
I was referring to you when I thought that someone had put me on ignore, because you haven't responded to any of my posts to you. Are you a coward?

JustAChristian

Am I a coward?

Am I a coward?

JustAChristian-
I was referring to you when I thought that someone had put me on ignore, because you haven't responded to any of my posts to you. Are you a coward?

No, I am...

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Oops, another oversight!!!!

Oops, another oversight!!!!

I'm still waiting on your explanation of Romans 10:9, JAC. And what do you think Jesus meant when he said, "Truly, truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." [John 3:5]?

lighthouse,

No dodge, just an oversight!!!

In John 3:5 Jesus instructed Nicodemus that he must be born again. The elements of that rebirth is water and Spirit. The two elements of the new birth are supported by a coordinating conjunction “and.� The conjunction joins the two factors to perform the end result. This says that what ever is required of one is required of the other. They have equal responsibility. The new birth will not happen unless each is utilized. The manner in which the two are utilized is that which hampers many from being reborn. There are those who attempt to associate the “water� with the human birth. That which Jesus speaks about has nothing whatsoever to do with a physical birth. First of all, the newborn does not come from water but from the womb. Water has already been expressed before the child is born. Some will stumble on this saying, The event is simultaneous. That is not always the truth. Many babies go through what is commonly called a “dry birth.� This is when the amniotic fluid has been expressed some time before the physical delivery. These babies then need to be delivered by Caesarean delivery. If the water of John 3:5 relates to the physical birth then babies born of Caesarean delivery are not delivered from the water and thus can not be reborn. This will seem extreme by some, but is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn.

JustAChristian,

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Commenting On Romans 10:9

Re: Re: Commenting On Romans 10:9

No kidding lip service doesn't do anything. That's why ther verse also says, "believe in your heart." Faith is not belief in the head, but belief in the heart. It is trust. And it is love. And in love there is obedience, but obedience is born out of faith, whch saves us...the obedience is an afterthought. And it has no bearing on our salvation.

lighthouse,

I don't doubt your faith in Christ, but faith must not exclude water baptism for the remission of sins but must include it. It also must include repentance and confession of Christ before man. I think you will agree with that. If you try to take baptism out of faith you destroy the gospel of Christ. It is the power of God unto salvation. It contains baptism (Mark 16:15-16). How do we get into Christ? It is through obedient faith in baptism. Read the following. There are but two passages of Scripture that we can recall, that tells us how one gets into Christ. In Rom. 6:3 Paul wrote, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" Again he wrote, "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Gal. 3:27). How does one get into Christ? Paul's answer -- one is "baptized into Christ." There is no other way into Christ! We get into Christ in precisely the same way that we get into the one body (1 Cor. 12:13), therefore, being in Christ is the same thing as being in his body, the church.

Symbolism needs to be understood in order to give proper biblical interpretation. Water is symbolized as a grave in Romans 6. We are buried in the grave of water. A grave consist of a hole, dirt and covering up. When we understand this we can understand the implications of the burial. Not only did Paul say that we are baptized into Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:3), but he goes on to say that we are "baptized into his death." It was in Christ's death that he shed his blood, and his blood is that which remits sin. However, we must come into contact with his blood before our sins can be remitted. Where do we contact the blood of Christ? Paul tells us that it is in baptism. If he shed his blood in his death (and he did), and we are baptized into his death (and we are), then it is in baptism that we come into contact with the blood of Christ, which is able to remit sin. If not, why not?

In the latter part of Gal. 3:27, Paul states that in baptism we "put on Christ." Again we come to symbolism. This can not be accomplished in Holy Spirit, for the Spirit would be put on us. We would not be putting on Christ. Let me use a very simple illustration which all should be able to understand. Until a person puts on his coat, he is out of the coat. Once he has put the coat on, he is in the coat. Just so it is in our relation to Christ. We are out of Christ until we put Christ on, and Paul plainly states that we put Christ on in baptism. Therefore, until one is baptized "into Christ" he is out of Christ, because he has not put Christ on! I can hardly see how anyone can possibly misunderstand such plain, simple language, and yet there are thousands who seemingly cannot understand this, because they shout long and loud that baptism is not essential to salvation.

The apostles were baptized with the Holy Spirit and those who believed Peter's preaching were baptized in water in the name of Christ on the same day. Cornelius was baptized with the Holy Spirit and the same day, likely within the same hour, was baptized in water in the name of Christ.
Jesus told Nicodemus that without being "born of water and of the Spirit" one can not enter this spiritual family, the church (John 3:1-8). "Born of water and of the Spirit" refers to the one new birth, accomplished when one is baptized in water according to (or, as directed by) the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-5). Holy Spirit baptism was never meant for all people. Many examples are shown in Acts of people who were not Holy Spirit baptized but rejoiced in their relationship to Christ.

Holy Spirit baptism was never given as a command. How could it be? It was administered by deity, not men. And it was administered at a time and under circumstances chosen by deity, not by men. Water baptism, on the other hand, was given by command (Acts 2:38; Acts 10:47,48; Acts 22:16). This is a baptism administered by men, and when performed scripturally is approved of God. And it is a baptism men submit to of their own free will. At a time of their choosing, in obedience to the Lord's command.

The one baptism of Eph. 4 is Christian era baptism. It is the baptism that is commanded. And it was designed to remain in effect until the end of the earth (Matthew 28:18-20). It is not the baptism of John. It is not the baptism of fire. And it is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Christian era baptism consists of immersion in water (Acts 8:38). Its prerequisites are faith, repentance, and confession (Mark 16:15,16; Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37). It, therefore, is not for infants. It is administered in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19,20). And, it is for the remission of sins and for union with Christ (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Galatians 3 :26-27; Romans 6:3-5).

Summarizing, let me say that baptism is the door to forgiveness of sins. Why?, because it is at this point of obedience that one comes in contact with the death of Christ. It is only in the death of Christ that we may find salvation. And it is only in baptism that we may contact the death of Christ (Rom. 6:1-6). Paul affirms that we are baptized into his death, that is the death of Christ, and that is very important. Some contend that baptism only symbolizes a dying to sin on our part, in turning from our sins; that the only death connected with baptism is the spiritual dying to sin that occurs within us. But this simply is not true. It is true that a dying to sin occurs within us in conversion. But it is not true that this dying to sin is all that baptism represents. Paul's teaching is that we are baptized into the death of Jesus. So remember, now, we are baptized into the one body (1 Cor. 12:13); Christ is the savior of the body (Eph. 5:23); we are baptized into Christ (Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27); into his death (Rom. 6:3) where his blood was shed; and in baptism we put on Christ (Gal. 3:27). In view of such plain passages, how can you honestly feel that water baptism is unimportant and has no validity? How can you say that we can be cleansed and saved any other way?

JustAChristian

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: It is great to be back...

Re: It is great to be back...

I trust you will not be quick now to discount the purpose of water baptism and will continue to study the subject.

No, not I. However, my hope for you is to learn the difference between Law and Grace.

Ecumenicist

Grace is unconditional love, a free gift from God.

Its there whether we are aware of it or not.

Through repentence, we become aware of and accepting
of Grace from God. Once aware, our response is gratitude.

Salvation is not a magic act enacted through ritual. Its
acknowledgement and acceptance of the free gift made
available to all people through Jesus Christ.

To be born in the Spirit is to become aware of and accepting
of the Gift.

Dave

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Commenting On Romans 10:9

Re: Re: Re: Commenting On Romans 10:9

lighthouse,

I don't doubt your faith in Christ, but faith must not exclude water baptism for the remission of sins but must include it. It also must include repentance and confession of Christ before man. I think you will agree with that. If you try to take baptism out of faith you destroy the gospel of Christ. It is the power of God unto salvation. It contains baptism (Mark 16:15-16). How do we get into Christ? It is through obedient faith in baptism. Read the following. There are but two passages of Scripture that we can recall, that tells us how one gets into Christ. In Rom. 6:3 Paul wrote, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" Again he wrote, "For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ" (Gal. 3:27). How does one get into Christ? Paul's answer -- one is "baptized into Christ." There is no other way into Christ! We get into Christ in precisely the same way that we get into the one body (1 Cor. 12:13), therefore, being in Christ is the same thing as being in his body, the church.

Symbolism needs to be understood in order to give proper biblical interpretation. Water is symbolized as a grave in Romans 6. We are buried in the grave of water. A grave consist of a hole, dirt and covering up. When we understand this we can understand the implications of the burial. Not only did Paul say that we are baptized into Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:3), but he goes on to say that we are "baptized into his death." It was in Christ's death that he shed his blood, and his blood is that which remits sin. However, we must come into contact with his blood before our sins can be remitted. Where do we contact the blood of Christ? Paul tells us that it is in baptism. If he shed his blood in his death (and he did), and we are baptized into his death (and we are), then it is in baptism that we come into contact with the blood of Christ, which is able to remit sin. If not, why not?

In the latter part of Gal. 3:27, Paul states that in baptism we "put on Christ." Again we come to symbolism. This can not be accomplished in Holy Spirit, for the Spirit would be put on us. We would not be putting on Christ. Let me use a very simple illustration which all should be able to understand. Until a person puts on his coat, he is out of the coat. Once he has put the coat on, he is in the coat. Just so it is in our relation to Christ. We are out of Christ until we put Christ on, and Paul plainly states that we put Christ on in baptism. Therefore, until one is baptized "into Christ" he is out of Christ, because he has not put Christ on! I can hardly see how anyone can possibly misunderstand such plain, simple language, and yet there are thousands who seemingly cannot understand this, because they shout long and loud that baptism is not essential to salvation.

The apostles were baptized with the Holy Spirit and those who believed Peter's preaching were baptized in water in the name of Christ on the same day. Cornelius was baptized with the Holy Spirit and the same day, likely within the same hour, was baptized in water in the name of Christ.
Jesus told Nicodemus that without being "born of water and of the Spirit" one can not enter this spiritual family, the church (John 3:1-8). "Born of water and of the Spirit" refers to the one new birth, accomplished when one is baptized in water according to (or, as directed by) the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-5). Holy Spirit baptism was never meant for all people. Many examples are shown in Acts of people who were not Holy Spirit baptized but rejoiced in their relationship to Christ.

Holy Spirit baptism was never given as a command. How could it be? It was administered by deity, not men. And it was administered at a time and under circumstances chosen by deity, not by men. Water baptism, on the other hand, was given by command (Acts 2:38; Acts 10:47,48; Acts 22:16). This is a baptism administered by men, and when performed scripturally is approved of God. And it is a baptism men submit to of their own free will. At a time of their choosing, in obedience to the Lord's command.

The one baptism of Eph. 4 is Christian era baptism. It is the baptism that is commanded. And it was designed to remain in effect until the end of the earth (Matthew 28:18-20). It is not the baptism of John. It is not the baptism of fire. And it is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Christian era baptism consists of immersion in water (Acts 8:38). Its prerequisites are faith, repentance, and confession (Mark 16:15,16; Acts 2:38; Acts 8:37). It, therefore, is not for infants. It is administered in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19,20). And, it is for the remission of sins and for union with Christ (Acts 2:38; Acts 22:16; Galatians 3 :26-27; Romans 6:3-5).

Summarizing, let me say that baptism is the door to forgiveness of sins. Why?, because it is at this point of obedience that one comes in contact with the death of Christ. It is only in the death of Christ that we may find salvation. And it is only in baptism that we may contact the death of Christ (Rom. 6:1-6). Paul affirms that we are baptized into his death, that is the death of Christ, and that is very important. Some contend that baptism only symbolizes a dying to sin on our part, in turning from our sins; that the only death connected with baptism is the spiritual dying to sin that occurs within us. But this simply is not true. It is true that a dying to sin occurs within us in conversion. But it is not true that this dying to sin is all that baptism represents. Paul's teaching is that we are baptized into the death of Jesus. So remember, now, we are baptized into the one body (1 Cor. 12:13); Christ is the savior of the body (Eph. 5:23); we are baptized into Christ (Rom. 6:3; Gal. 3:27); into his death (Rom. 6:3) where his blood was shed; and in baptism we put on Christ (Gal. 3:27). In view of such plain passages, how can you honestly feel that water baptism is unimportant and has no validity? How can you say that we can be cleansed and saved any other way?

JustAChristian
1] Don't use anything that came before the death and resurrection of Christ as an argument for what was required for salvation.
2] Baptism is a work, and works are not a part of grace.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: It is great to be back...

Re: Re: It is great to be back...

Originally posted by Nineveh

No, not I. However, my hope for you is to learn the difference between Law and Grace.

By the Law of Moses no one could be saved without complete obedience to that Law. It is not the valid law for Christians today.

By grace through faith (obedience of faith, Romans 1:5) are you saved and not of (meritorious) works lest any one should bost. (Eph 2:8-9). Just like grace does not discount repentance it does not discount baptism (Acts 2:38).

We are not excused from obedience to law for we are under the law of Christ (James 1:25).

Need any more help?

In Christ,

JustAChristian

Originally posted by Dave Miller

Grace is unconditional love, a free gift from God.

Its there whether we are aware of it or not.

Through repentence, we become aware of and accepting
of Grace from God. Once aware, our response is gratitude.

Salvation is not a magic act enacted through ritual. Its
acknowledgement and acceptance of the free gift made
available to all people through Jesus Christ.

To be born in the Spirit is to become aware of and accepting
of the Gift.

Dave

Dave,
You have a lot of information for us but you do not sustain it with biblical referances (1 Thess. 5:21). Are you indicating that you believe being immersed for the remission of sins is a ritual devised by man? If you do, then why wouldn't repentance also be a ritual? It can from man's preaching (Acts 2:38).

Salvation is a gift of God that comes freely from God to those who take the steps to obtain it (1 Thess. 5:9). We obtain it through obedience to the gospel (Romans 1:16; Hebrews 5:8-9; 2 Thess 2:13-14). When one hears and believes the gospel in obedience of faith, then the blood of Christ cleanses them from sin (Mark 16:15-16; Rom. 1:5; Acts 22:16). Study your bible on these verses. (2 Tim. 2:15).

JustAChristian

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Commenting On Romans 10:9

Re: Re: Re: Re: Commenting On Romans 10:9

1] Don't use anything that came before the death and resurrection of Christ as an argument for what was required for salvation.
2] Baptism is a work, and works are not a part of grace.

Then you don't follow the instruction of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20; 2 Tim. 3:15-16).

If baptism is a work, is it a work of merit or of obedience? If you were immersed at an earlier date for some reson, did you wish to affect the results of your baptism for reasons of merit or obedience to Christ?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: Re: It is great to be back...

Re: Re: Re: It is great to be back...

By the Law of Moses no one could be saved without complete obedience to that Law. It is not the valid law for Christians today.

I agree, and that includes the ritual cleansings among other aspects of the Law.

By grace through faith (obedience of faith, Romans 1:5) are you saved and not of (meritorious) works lest any one should bost. (Eph 2:8-9). Just like grace does not discount repentance it does not discount baptism (Acts 2:38).

Like being able to boast of being "washed with water by someone".

We are not excused from obedience to law for we are under the law of Christ (James 1:25).

Christ taught "follow the Law", yet He chose Paul who tells us, "So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ,...".

Need any more help?

It seems you are still unclear about the difference between Law and Grace. If there is anything else I could point out to you on this topic, let me know :)

Dave,
Of everyone on this thread so far, it should be you that understands JAC's position the best. Your "homosexual commitment ceremonies" fall right in line with JAC's "water cleansing" ideas. Both are rituals to make someing unclean, clean.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: It is great to be back...

Re: Re: Re: Re: It is great to be back...

Originally posted by Nineveh

I agree, and that includes the ritual cleansings among other aspects of the Law.

Christ taught "follow the Law", yet He chose Paul who tells us, "So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ,...".

It seems you are still unclear about the difference between Law and Grace. If there is anything else I could point out to you on this topic, let me know :)

Dave,
Of everyone on this thread so far, it should be you that understands JAC's position the best. Your "homosexual commitment ceremonies" fall right in line with JAC's "water cleansing" ideas. Both are rituals to make someing unclean, clean.

I have never been "washed with water"as you would define, but I have been washed with water by the word (Eph. 5:26).

It seems you are still unclear about the difference between Law and Grace. If there is anything else I could point out to you on this topic, let me know

I wish you had an understanding of law and grace youself so that we could have an intelligent discussion of both. All I see in you is a "dispensational" stance on the subject of salvation. I feel for you and hope you come to a better understanding of the law of Christ.

JustAChristian

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

I have no earthly idea what or who you are talking to in this statement. You are none the less a very bitter and sick individual in need of God's grace. I hope you come to understand that and will seek God through His word in the fullness.

JAC

JustAChristian

HOW DO YOU VIEW THE BIBLE?

HOW DO YOU VIEW THE BIBLE?

There are some things one needs to carefully consider as one engages in the study of the Bible. This book which we are studying is no ordinary book. It may affect us in one of two ways: properly studied and applied, it well affect us for good in time and eternity; the improper study of it will cause one to lose one’s soul.

The Bible is every man’s book. It is not intended for some special group. But not only is the Bible every man’s book, it is written for the average person. Scholars may study it, but it is not written necessarily with scholars in mind.

No one ever outgrows the scriptures. The more one studies them, the wider and deeper they become. The Bible is a book which enables one to look into eternity. The best evidence of the inspiration of the Bible is to be found between its covers. No one will ever be a useful Christian unless one is a student of the Bible.

Matthew Henry said, “The Scriptures were not written to make us astronomers, but to make us saints.� It is no wonder that Paul urged Timothy to study to Scripture, “right dividing,� or handling aright, the word of truth, that he might be an approved workman before God.

The Bible is the greatest book in the world. It is the most accessible, and in it one finds truth that can be found in no other book.

The Bible acknowledges man’s faults, it is patient with man’s weaknesses, it is severe with man’s sins, and it is honest with his virtues and his hopes.

To own the Bible is to be rich. To know and to trust the Bible is to find life. To study the Bible is to be wise; to obey it, is to be strong.

To know the Bible and to handle it aright is the greatest accomplishment within the reach of any person. One may know English, astronomy, literature, music, sociology and philosophy; but if one does not know the Bible, one has failed in the only subject that brings all things into their proper relationship and that enables one to know life at its best

JustAChristian

Nineveh

Merely Christian
JAC,
"I wish you had an understanding of law and grace youself so that we could have an intelligent discussion of both."

The Law demands rituals, Grace does not.

Ecumenicist

Dave,
You have a lot of information for us but you do not sustain it with biblical referances (1 Thess. 5:21). Are you indicating that you believe being immersed for the remission of sins is a ritual devised by man? If you do, then why wouldn't repentance also be a ritual? It can from man's preaching (Acts 2:38).

Salvation is a gift of God that comes freely from God to those who take the steps to obtain it (1 Thess. 5:9). We obtain it through obedience to the gospel (Romans 1:16; Hebrews 5:8-9; 2 Thess 2:13-14). When one hears and believes the gospel in obedience of faith, then the blood of Christ cleanses them from sin (Mark 16:15-16; Rom. 1:5; Acts 22:16). Study your bible on these verses. (2 Tim. 2:15).

JustAChristian

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

My understanding of John 3 saying "by water and the Spirit"
comes from Jesus' parallel statements of "being born of human"
vs "being born of God." Having witnessed the birth of 4 children,
I can testify that alot of "water" is involved in the process.

Its not the ritual of baptism that cleanses, its the surrender of
the heart that participates in the baptism. And before you
bring up infant Baptism, in that case its the hearts of the
parents which commit.

In this sense, repentence could be considered ritual if the
ritual is a visible sign of where the heart goes.

Jesus tried to say it over and over and over to the Pharisees,
but they just didn't get it. Its not the ritual, its the intent,
its the heart which lies behind the ritual. Its not magic, its
an expression of relationship with God. Washing on the outside
vs what's in a man's heart which convicts, lusting in one's heart
vs actually committing adultery, etc. etc.

djm

Ecumenicist

"Salvation is a gift of God that comes freely from God to those who take the steps to obtain it (1 Thess. 5:9)."

This statement conflicts with itself. If its free, by definition there
is no payment required by the person who receives it, be they
steps or otherwise. Free is free, no cost, period.

Dave