ECT What is the Will of God . . .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
How 'bout interpreting this passage using your Greek "Pists" and "Pisteuos"?:

"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." 2 Timothy 2:13 (KJV) . . . .

. . . "Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers". 2 Timothy 2:14 (KJV)

Why don't you give it a try first , then I'll give you the correct understanding ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Not a chance. I asked. You can either accept or decline. We'll understand. I promise I won't laugh.

I'm going to start heeding the words of Christ more in the future , and not cast my pearls before swine as much as I have been doing with you. Your time is over !

Cross Reference

I'm going to start heeding the words of Christ more in the future , and not cast my pearls before swine as much as I have been doing with you. Your time is over !

I understand perfectly. Perhaps when/if you get born again your "light bulb" might turn on to reveal your error...

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I put you back into your wallow , an apology for your "Christian " treatment of me will be the only way you will ever be removed . Enjoy the ignore list, or what I call the corn field .

Cross Reference

I put you back into your wallow , an apology for your "Christian " treatment of me will be the only way you will ever be removed . Enjoy the ignore list, or what I call the corn field .

You simply intend to keep doing what you have been doing with regards to replying to my questions. I understand. Thank you.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Ok Jerry let's look at this from your false understanding of faithing .

You think Faith when applied it's " believing " in God's word . You think that at a moment of belief , you receive the Spirit of Christ and your saved forever .

Well those in Jn 2:23 believed and Christ wouldn't commit Himself to them .

Why is that Jerry ? I

Bumped for Jerry I'd really like an answer .

Jerry Shugart

You think that at a moment of belief , you receive the Spirit of Christ and your saved forever .

If you ever actually believed the gospel then you would know it is true:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If you ever actually believed the gospel then you would know it is true:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Here's the correct translation for you .

For God so loved the world , that he gave His only begotten Son , that whosoever surrenders their lives to Him , and lives a life inspired by such surrender in Him , should not perish but have everlasting life .

Cross Reference

For God so loved the world , that he gave His only begotten Son , that whosoever surrenders their lives to Him , and lives a life inspired by such surrender in Him , should not perish but have everlasting life .

That's odd, I get the same understanding out of the "correct" one published in the KJV. Perhaps you made a mistake. Maybe a 'little' exaggeration? I think so. . . ;)

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

No, a person receives eternal life the moment when they believe, as witnessed by the following words of the Savior:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

In The Blue Letter Bible we read the following meaning of the present tense:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, at John 5:24 the Lord Jesus Christ is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

So once a person believes he receives eternal life. If a believer had to live a life of surrender to Him then they wouldn't receive eternal life until the end of a faitful life. But according to the Apostle John Christians already possess eternal life:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"
(1 Jn.5:11).​

Of course you never let the facts revealed in the Bible get in the way of your foolish teaching on the meaning of the Greek word translated "to believe."

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No, a person receives eternal life the moment when they believe, as witnessed by the following words of the Savior:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

In this verse the Greek word translated "believes" and the Greek word translated "has" are both in the "present" tense.

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense."

Therefore, at John 5:24 the Lord Jesus Christ is saying that those who were believing at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words had already received eternal life. That is what is meant as something being "viewed as occurring in actual time."

So once a person believes he receives eternal life. If a believer had to live a life of surrender to Him then they wouldn't receive eternal life until the end of a faitful life. But according to the Apostle John Christians already possess eternal life:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son"

Of course you never let the facts revealed in the Bible get in the way of your foolish teaching on the meaning of the Greek word translated "to believe."

The facts in the Bible are none of anyones business until they start a surrendered life , maintain a surrendered life , test the surrendered life ( parable of the sower ) , and a grafted accepted surrendered life . Then and only then will God seal in us the Spirit of Christ , making Christ , His Word , and the promises there in theirs to claim as their own.

If you want to live in your deception , it's your choice . That's what we're all here for .

Jerry Shugart

The facts in the Bible are none of anyones business until they start a surrendered life , maintain a surrendered life , test the surrendered life ( parable of the sower ) , and a grafted accepted surrendered life .

You repeat the same old nonsense and fail to address the very words of the Lord Jesus which I quoted. From that I can only surmise that you don't believe Him and you certainly have never surrendered your life to Him.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You repeat the same old nonsense and fail to address the very words of the Lord Jesus which I quoted. From that I can only surmise that you don't believe Him and you certainly have never surrendered your life to Him.

No , I spend all my time warning people like you about something I don't do for the fun of it . I could find slot of other things to do with this life Jerry , but I choose to do this . Why ? Because I truly want to show you the way . But in reality , if I didn't warn you of this stumbling block , your blood will be on my hands . And now it's not .

I have nothing more to offer you , unless you accept the facts I'm presenting to you . So goodbye

Jerry Shugart

No , I spend all my time warning people like you about something I don't do for the fun of it .

What you are saying warns no one about anything but instead you spend your time perverting the Scriptures:

Of course you never let the facts revealed in the Bible get in the way of your foolish teaching about the meaning of the Greek word translated "to believe."

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What you are saying warns no one about anything but instead you spend your time perverting the Scriptures:

Of course you never let the facts revealed in the Bible get in the way of your foolish teaching about the meaning of the Greek word translated "to believe."

Then just believe Jerry . I'm not making you do anything you don't want to do .

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Why do you refuse to even attempt to address the actual words of the Lord Jesus at John 5:24?

I never discuss interpreting Scripture with those I don't think it belongs to yet . How can it be , if someone does not even know how Faith is applied resulting in recieving the Spirit of Christ ?

No Spirit of Christ , no Christ , no God's word , and no promises .