ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm the one who believes that when I die, I will meet the Lord in the clouds in an instant.

Dispensationalism teaches "soul sleep". Apparently when Dispies die, they believe their souls "sleep" until the alleged rapture takes place.

Like I said, you can't defend a lie, and Darby's teachings are nothing but a big lie.

I have never encountered an informed Dispensationalist that believed in 'Soul Sleep'.

I know SDAs and JWs do.

Paul said that to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD.
As for Anthropology, I hold to a mind/body dualism, which I believe the Scriptures support.
When the believer dies, his soul/spirit goes to be in the presence of the LORD, awaitin the resurrection, at which time the soul/spirit will be reunited with the resurrected/glorifed physical body.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have never encountered an informed Dispensationalist that believed in 'Soul Sleep'.

STP, heir, and Johnny W believe in it.

"Soul Sleep" was invented by E.W. Bullinger.

Not only did Bullinger invent "soul sleep", Bullinger claimed that every single event in the book of Revelation is a yet future event.

STP, heir, and Johnny W also believe that. They believe the seven churches in Revelation have never existed. They claim they are all future churches.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
STP, heir, and Johnny W believe in it.

"Soul Sleep" was invented by E.W. Bullinger.

Not only did Bullinger invent "soul sleep", Bullinger claimed that every single event in the book of Revelation is a yet future event.

STP, heir, and Johnny W also believe that. They believe the seven churches in Revelation have never existed. They claim they are all future churches.

I've never claimed to agree on every point with anybody, anywhere.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've never claimed to agree on every point with anybody, anywhere.

You said you "never encountered an informed Dispensationalist that believed in 'Soul Sleep'"

Was E.W. Bullinger an "informed Dispensationalist"?

How about STP, heir, or Johnny W? Are they "informed Dispensationalists"?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You said you "never encountered an informed Dispensationalist that believed in 'Soul Sleep'"

Was E.W. Bullinger an "informed Dispensationalist"?

How about STP, heir, or Johnny W? Are they "informed Dispensationalists"?

I've just encountered a new[to me] category, then.

I would have to change my statement now to "The prominent proponents of dispensationalism with which I am familiar do not believe in soul sleep".

As I've told you several times before, I've never read Bullinger.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I know SDAs and JWs do.

Paul said that to be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD.
As for Anthropology, I hold to a mind/body dualism, which I believe the Scriptures support.
When the believer dies, his soul/spirit goes to be in the presence of the LORD, awaitin the resurrection, at which time the soul/spirit will be reunited with the resurrected/glorifed physical body.

Platonism and spiritualism.

When Christ died He all died. You believe He just let his body die.

It goes along with the false idea that the word of God was a living being before Jesus was born.

Your Jesus is a God in a body.

2 Cor.ch 5 says one will not be with the Lord until the first resurrection.

One liner theories always mislead people.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've just encountered a new[to me] category, then.

I would have to change my statement now to "The prominent proponents of dispensationalism with which I am familiar do not believe in soul sleep".

As I've told you several times before, I've never read Bullinger.

Jesus taught the soul slept in death.

You say they are alive in death.

Joh 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Joh 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Joh 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Joh 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Christ returns to raise his people from among the dead,

You say only their bodies are dead and they are not asleep in death, but are alive and conscious in Heaven (falsehood)

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Were there twelve tribes in the first century? Were they circumcised and believed in the one true God?

What's the problem?

Ezekiel says that when the two houses (Israel & Judah) would be joined together, there would be one king over both of them.

So, if Israel and Judah were joined together in the first century before Jesus was born (your claim), then please tell us who the one king was that ruled over both of them?

If you can't tell us who the king was, then it should be pretty clear that the two houses had not been joined together before Jesus was born.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Platonism and spiritualism.

One liners with no context deceive people.

When Christ died He all died. You believe He just let his body die.

It goes along with the false idea that the word of God was a living being before Jesus was born.

Death is separation.....the soul from the body.

The Lord Jesus is GOD the Word made flesh.

You have no Daysman.....no mediator to span the gulf.

Your Jesus is a God in a body.

The Lord Jesus is GOD.

2 Cor.ch 5 says one will not be with the Lord until the first resurrection.

No it doesn't.

One liner theories always mislead people.

LA

And that is your one liner theory.