What is the express image of God?

keypurr

So God says He is one and you say you are one WITH Him?

You seem to have a very convenient connotation for ONE keypurr? It means whatever you want it to mean?
What you don't believe IS in scripture and IS what Jesus taught and what Peter and Paul taught, so you don't believe them either? What EXACTLY do you believe? Not the Shema obviously because you just said you and God are one.

Jesus Christ said to his father, let them be as one as we are as one. Dispute it with him.

StanJ

Jesus Christ said to his father, let them be as one as we are as one. Dispute it with him.

He is not the problem keypurr, your comprehension is. You point out different connotations and don't even recognize you do so. Sadly another sign of an apostate heart.

keypurr

He also said something? You don't know what He said? How about actually quoting scripture and owning up to it?
God and His Christ? Funny because the scriptures say Jesus IS Christ the Savior AND our God.

2 Peter 1:1 (NIV)
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Col 1:9-10 (NIV)
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
This is the spirit I see as Christ, the true son that God sent.

[quoteTitus 1:3 (NIV)
and which now at his appointed season he has brought to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior.

Tit 1:4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Titus 2:10 (NIV)
and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Titus 2:13 (NIV)
while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
[/quote]

Read what you post.
God himself, can be considered as a savior also as he sent the savior. But as you can see the word "and" is a pesty little devil that destroys your thoughts.

Titus 3:4 (NIV)
But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared

See above

Titus 3:6 (NIV)
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior

Jesus Christ is our savior, what is your point?
That does not make him God.

Obviously you and daqq both DENY what the scriptures are telling us ALL. Jesus Christ is our God and Savior, ONE and the SAME.
You can deny and deflect and avoid, but the truth is known, and by it, you WILL be judged.

Scriptures do not say Jesus is our God. It says he has a God.

Eph 1:17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom n and revelation, so that you may know him better. NIV

Ro 15:5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
Ro 15:6 so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. NIV

Rev 1:5. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
Rev 1:6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father —to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. NIV

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Read and digest Stan.

StanJ

Read and digest Stan.

Are you advocating that only the verses you show are viable and the rest should be ignored. Did you forget about your own admonition to understand WHO is being referred to and how?

Col 1:15 (NIV) doesn't say OF every creature, it says OVER ALL CREATION.

Who is your savior? God or Jesus? God said HE HIMSELF is our only Savior.

They do say Jesus is our God and Savior if you KNOW how to read them.

You either believe the entire Bible is inspired of God or you don't. There is no THINKING involved obviously, as THAT is what got you and daqq in trouble and made you apostate.

keypurr

Are you advocating that only the verses you show are viable and the rest should be ignored. Did you forget about your own admonition to understand WHO is being referred to and how?

Col 1:15 (NIV) doesn't say OF every creature, it says OVER ALL CREATION.

Who is your savior? God or Jesus? God said HE HIMSELF is our only Savior.

They do say Jesus is our God and Savior if you KNOW how to read them.

You either believe the entire Bible is inspired of God or you don't. There is no THINKING involved obviously, as THAT is what got you and daqq in trouble and made you apostate.

You have a reading problem.

You did not even look at the last few verses I posted for you.
The ones that say "the God of our Lord".
Our Lord has a God. How many Gods do you have?
I have one, the father.

StanJ

You have a reading problem.
You did not even look at the last few verses I posted for you.
The ones that say "the God of our Lord".
Our Lord has a God. How many Gods do you have?
I have one, the father.

Not at all, as I have ALREADY shown.
What about the ones that say God and Savior Jesus Christ? You never deal with them and haven't since I came back on here. I have given you dozens of verses which you condescending say don't mean what they do and bring up other verses which clearly do not talk about the deity of Jesus at all, but only His status as messiah. That God say throughout scripture that He is our ONLY savior and you say He isn't, shows you pit yourself against the OANE TRUE God and savior, Jesus Christ.
You may have a father, but you don't have THE Father. What you have is a FALSE God.

StanJ

Wow, the God of Lord Jesus Christ. Our Lord has God.
When will folks see that?

Focusing on one set of words when ALL scripture tells you who Jesus IS, only shows your complete inculcation to this false doctrine and your totally apostate condition.

keypurr

Not at all, as I have ALREADY shown.
What about the ones that say God and Savior Jesus Christ? You never deal with them and haven't since I came back on here. I have given you dozens of verses which you condescending say don't mean what they do and bring up other verses which clearly do not talk about the deity of Jesus at all, but only His status as messiah. That God say throughout scripture that He is our ONLY savior and you say He isn't, shows you pit yourself against the OANE TRUE God and savior, Jesus Christ.
You may have a father, but you don't have THE Father. What you have is a FALSE God.

You talking about:
(GOD) AND (Savior Jesus Christ)?

Do you understand what the word AND means.

You have given me nothing to prove that we have more than one God, and that God is the God of Jesus Christ.

Any power Jesus Christ had came from his God.
He was made Lord of all creation BY HIS GOD.

You skip over the verses that prove you wrong because that is what you were taught. Time to start thinking about what is right and not what you want to be right. It not easy to do but the rewards are great.

keypurr

Focusing on one set of words when ALL scripture tells you who Jesus IS, only shows your complete inculcation to this false doctrine and your totally apostate condition.

Stan you have no idea what Christ is or who he is.
Your power of reason does not exist.
God SENT his Christ to make himself know to mankind.

1 Cor 1:3

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You talking about:

You have given me nothing to prove that we have more than one God, and that God is the God of Jesus Christ.

You skip over the verses that prove you wrong because that is what you were taught. Time to start thinking about what is right and not what you want to be right. It not easy to do but the rewards are great.
What rewards have you? oh what an AMAZING reward to discover that the Lord who we worship as God...and always will is not God after all.....when you are being more honest you believe we are idolators and blasphemers.

You are wrong, that is your reward.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

glorydaz

You talking about:

Psalm 84:1-3
How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.

Psalm 68:20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Stan you have no idea what Christ is or who he is.
Do you believe Christ means "anointed" or do you believe Christ means "anointing"?

The word Christ and Messiah are similar, if not meaning the exact same thing.

John 1:41 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ).

keypurr

What rewards have you? oh what an AMAZING reward to discover that the Lord who we worship as God...and always will is not God after all.....when you are being more honest you believe we are idolators and blasphemers.

You are wrong, that is your reward.

I believe what I see written Totton, Christ has a God that he is in subjection to. Being the son of God does not make him God.

That's as honest as I can be friend.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.

That has been in my posts for ten years. I have discovered the peace of knowing who my God really is and who Christ, the spirit that became flesh is also. The fact to learn is that there is only one true God. And Jesus Christ has a God, so he can not be God. He is a created copy of the father, for he is the express image of the father.

keypurr

glorydaz

I believe what I see written Totton, Christ has a God that he is in subjection to. Being the son of God does not make him God.

That's as honest as I can be friend.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.

That has been in my posts for ten years. I have discovered the peace of knowing who my God really is and who Christ, the spirit that became flesh is also. The fact to learn is that there is only one true God. And Jesus Christ has a God, so he can not be God. He is a created copy of the father, for he is the express image of the father.

Your time is growing short, Keypurr. Your own stubborn pride will keep you from receiving life. :sigh:

John 20:28-29
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

keypurr

Your time is growing short, Keypurr. Your own stubborn pride will keep you from receiving life. :sigh:

John 20:28-29
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Are you really going to build your faith of that verse?

Christ was form of God, not God. He was "a" god. Phil 2.

You have been shown scripture that tell you Jesus Christ has a God.

How many Gods do you have? I have one, the same one Christ has, he is the ONLY true God.

StanJ

You talking about:

More denial, no substance.