What is the express image of God?

keypurr

John 1:1-2 KJV -

John 1:3 KJV -

John 1:10 KJV - He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not -

John 1:14 KJV -

Isaiah 9:6 KJV -

Isaiah 43:10 KJV - Isaiah 43:11 KJV -

John 8:19 KJV -

John 8:24 KJV -

John 10:30 KJV -

Titus 2:13 KJV -

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV -

2 John 1:7 KJV -

End Of Thread - :patrol:

Now you need to know who is the HE. That is not Jesus friend, that is the Christ that was in Jesus. The tic of this thread is who and what is the express image of God in Heb 1:3. I see a clone of God was created, a form of God. God isa spirit, this is a spiritual being. And it is not God yet it was given the fullness of the father. Your just skimming the top surface friend.

keypurr

I read NIV and I still don't find trinity.

You won't sis, the Trinity in a figment of the early church fathers imagination. It comes from the pagans. Like Sunday worship does. They degraded the commandments of God to appease the majority in the fourth century.

brinny

Good post!

Jesus Christ is the express image of God aka the image AND likeness of God having the same spirit and soul as God. Therefore when you see Jesus you see the Father

Man having a spirit and soul is simply made in the image of God, but man made in both the image and likeness as stated God in Ge.1;26 is the fulfillment of His plan for man

This is why Jesus is the first-fruit of many to come

Beautiful and edifying.

Thank you.

brinny

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Who or What is this EXPRESS image of God?

1. God is a spirit, so his image would be a spirit.
2. This is God's firstborn of every creature, a creation.
3. This spirit has deity for it has the fullness of the father.
4. This spirit was with God before the creation, creation was done through this spirit.
5. This spirit is a form of God

I use the term Christ spirit to discribe this image.

What do YOU think it is?

Excellent post. Thank you.

StanJ

You won't sis, the Trinity in a figment of the early church fathers imagination. It comes from the pagans. Like Sunday worship does. They degraded the commandments of God to appease the majority in the fourth century.

Just as you won't find the words keypurr pushes here.
What exactly is your denomination keypurr?

brinny

Was this just for moral/dogma support or have you read ALL the rebuttals to it?

No i haven't read all the posts. Just a couple of them caught my eye. Perhaps i should read the posts i was responding to again? Did i miss something?

Thank you kindly.

brinny

By "trinity", do you mean the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Thank you kindly.

StanJ

No i haven't read all the posts. Just a couple of them caught my eye. Perhaps i should read the posts i was responding to again? Did i miss something?
Thank you kindly.

You apparently have missed that keypurr, daqq and a couple of others, DENY the triune nature of God and that Jesus IS our God and Savior.

It may help if you go back to when I got on here in May and read on from there.

brinny

You apparently have missed that keypurr, daqq and a couple of others, DENY the triune nature of God and that Jesus IS our God and Savior.

Thank you kindly.

daqq

Thank you kindly.

Yes you missed the date and the issue on this thread, which is that Jesus is God, but some deny that, like keypurr and daqq and meshak.

Hi Brinny, When you get down to the finer points of what has been said here you will hopefully see that StanJ is only here to misrepresent what others believe to be true, put words in their mouths, slander them, tell them they should not be allowed to post here, while not understanding a word they have written or said. He is merely a bull of Bashan who thinks he is in a china shop, (but you cannot stab Spirit with a kitchen knife). :crackup:

For instance what he apparently still does not comprehend is that I have indeed said many times that Yeshua the Messiah is Elohim from the beginning, (Genesis 1). However, if he did ever notice it, he has pretty much denied what I said by his comments to you here. The finer points really concern questions like exactly WHO is Messiah Yeshua: is it the man Yeshua who was crucified the third hour and was not in a physical condition to carry his own cross for being beaten so badly? or was it Yeshua the Messiah who was crucified at about the sixth hour in the Gnostic Gospel of John who indeed carried his own cross? How can you have the same person carry his own cross in one account and in the other three accounts someone else carries his cross for him? There should certainly be legitimate answers to questions like this from those who use primarily the Gnostic Gospel of John to "prove Jesus is God" wouldn't you think? Especially if they are going to go around trying to crucify people who disagree with them wouldn't you think? These are the kinds of questions StanJ has ignored in his rampage through this thread while falsely accusing others with accusations he cannot even prove and worse off not even being capable of giving any legitimate and feasible answers to the things that have been asked of him from the scripture using genuine logic as opposed to dogmatic assertions. On one previous page since the last time I posted in this thread I noticed that StanJ was basically saying the problem with those who disagree with him is that they "think" and there is, according to him, no need to "think" to be able understand what he believes, (he said thinking was what got us into trouble). In other words just "turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream", just beleeeeve and you too can be saaaved just like Stan. As Yeshua warned: the man is a house and the house in this case appears to be swept clean and garnished. :)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Brinny, When you get down to the finer points of what has been said here you will hopefully see that StanJ is only here to misrepresent what others believe to be true, put words in their mouths, slander them, tell them they should not be allowed to post here, while not understanding a word they have written or said. He is merely a bull of Bashan who thinks he is in a china shop, (but you cannot stab Spirit with a kitchen knife). :crackup:

For instance what he apparently still does not comprehend is that I have indeed said many times that Yeshua the Messiah is Elohim from the beginning, (Genesis 1). However, if he did ever notice it, he has pretty much denied what I said by his comments to you here. The finer points really concern questions like exactly WHO is Messiah Yeshua: is it the man Yeshua who was crucified the third hour and was not in a physical condition to carry his own cross for being beaten so badly? or was it Yeshua the Messiah who was crucified at about the sixth hour in the Gnostic Gospel of John who indeed carried his own cross? How can you have the same person carry his own cross in one account and in the other three accounts someone else carries his cross for him? There should certainly be legitimate answers to questions like this from those who use primarily the Gnostic Gospel of John to "prove Jesus is God" wouldn't you think? Especially if they are going to go around trying to crucify people who disagree with them wouldn't you think? These are the kinds of questions StanJ has ignored in his rampage through this thread while falsely accusing others with accusations he cannot even prove and worse off not even being capable of giving any legitimate and feasible answers to the things that have been asked of him from the scripture using genuine logic as opposed to dogmatic assertions. On one previous page since the last time I posted in this thread I noticed that StanJ was basically saying the problem with those who disagree with him is that they "think" and there is, according to him, no need to "think" to be able understand what he believes, (he said thinking was what got us into trouble). In other words just "turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream", just beleeeeve and you too can be saaaved just like Stan. As Yeshua warned: the man is a house and the house in this case appears to be swept clean and garnished. :)

Bet you do not like the NIV.

John 1:18New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

keypurr

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus is God because He can do ANYTHING you ask Him in HIS name.

Did he not say that all power was given to him by his Father.

Jesus is a man, he had the spirit in him. That spirit is the express image of God. That made Jesus Christ a form of God, not God.

The Father speaks and Christ's jumps. He came to do the will of his Father. He did not come of his own accord, he was sent.