What is the express image of God?

RBBI

Awesome, isn't it? Congrats on making it to such a rich old age. It's wonderful you're pressing in like I know you are. You are special to Him, that's for sure.

RBBI

As you messed up the format of posting here, I can't respond to it. Please fix your post format.

Sorry Stan, may I call you Stan? It was my father's name, no joke. Don't see that very often. I have no idea how to fix the format, as I'm new to this type of board.

keypurr

Awesome, isn't it? Congrats on making it to such a rich old age. It's wonderful you're pressing in like I know you are. You are special to Him, that's for sure.

Yes it is. I feel like part of his family. I must be special to him as he has given me so much in life. I had a wonderful wife for 52 years who gave me two daughters who in turn gave me two grandsons. And on top of that he gave me an understanding of himself and his son. Thank you for your kind words.

keypurr

Yes, I believe we do. And if you read that post carefully, there is gold in it for you.

I think I found it. I feel very close to him right now. Sometimes I could just reach out and touch him.

My bedtime, I live near Boston and it is 1:30 am here. I try to get on TOL everyday, it is my church. Not to many listen but somehow I feel needed here. Catch you tomorrow friend.

RBBI

I think I found it. I feel very close to him right now. Sometimes I could just reach out and touch him.

My bedtime, I live near Boston and it is 1:30 am here. I try to get on TOL everyday, it is my church. Not to many listen but somehow I feel needed here. Catch you tomorrow friend.

Good. Well, you've certainly encouraged ME. I know only a handful He's shown these things to. But we like Abraham keep looking for a city (multiple habitations of Him) made without hands (works of the flesh), don't we?

We're being transformed from glory (terrestrial/fleshly) to glory (celestial/spiritual), but you have to behold that glory face/nature to face/nature before you can be changed.

Which is why we don't know what we'll be like (because the glory terrestrial/carnal mind cannot perceive the things of the HaKodesh) when He appears, but we know we will be like Him. Peace

keypurr

Good. Well, you've certainly encouraged ME. I know only a handful He's shown these things to. But we like Abraham keep looking for a city (multiple habitations of Him) made without hands (works of the flesh), don't we?

We're being transformed from glory (terrestrial/fleshly) to glory (celestial/spiritual), but you have to behold that glory face/nature to face/nature before you can be changed.

Which is why we don't know what we'll be like (because the glory terrestrial/carnal mind cannot perceive the things of the HaKodesh) when He appears, but we know we will be like Him. Peace

Sometimes,
I feel like I am in the end of life tunnel and I am in extreme peace. The warm glow of love is all around me. Strange feeling. Yet my work is not completed yet.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is flesh and blood, a man, the flesh son of the most high. A man born to Mary. Never the less still a man. However this man held the spiritual Son of God within him. He was anointed with power. I trust what scripture tells me. My idea is provable to a reasonable person. It blends in quite well with scripture.

It reasonable to understand that the physical body of Jesus walked through a locked door and asked the apostles to touch Him. How did He walk through a locked house? How was He in one town and instantly in another town far across the sea on the same night at dark? Float on water? See His physical body is different from yours and yet you lower Him to your level and boss him around telling Him when and how you want to be saved according to your own pleasure and not God's.

keypurr

It reasonable to understand that the physical body of Jesus walked through a locked door and asked the apostles to touch Him. How did He walk through a locked house? How was He in one town and instantly in another town far across the sea on the same night at dark? Float on water? See His physical body is different from yours and yet you lower Him to your level and boss him around telling Him when and how you want to be saved according to your own pleasure and not God's.

That took place after his return from heaven in his new body. Don't forget he was a form of God, not God. No one can really answer your questions. However he served as a regular man until he was on the cross.

I do not lower him at all, he is the son of the most high. But he is not the most high, there is only one most high, his Father. Jesus Christ was made Lord by his God. It is not I that distorts who he is, the state run church did that in the fourth century. Puppet your stuck in the rut of tradition, if you seek truth, get out of it.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
That took place after his return from heaven in his new body. Don't forget he was a form of God, not God. No one can really answer your questions. However he served as a regular man until he was on the cross.

I do not lower him at all, he is the son of the most high. But he is not the most high, there is only one most high, his Father. Jesus Christ was made Lord by his God. It is not I that distorts who he is, the state run church did that in the fourth century. Puppet your stuck in the rut of tradition, if you seek truth, get out of it.

Stop making stuff up. Let's return to the bible. Jesus disappeared from one town and reappeared in another town. Jesus levitated himself and walked on water. If He was just a man in a physical body, how did He do those things in a normal human body?

keypurr

Stop making stuff up. Let's return to the bible. Jesus disappeared from one town and reappeared in another town. Jesus levitated himself and walked on water. If He was just a man in a physical body, how did He do those things in a normal human body?

You question was about walking into a closed room. Your off base. I have told you many times that Jesus was a man with the spirit Christ in him, that spirit is not God but a FORM of God. Therefor Jesus had special powers. Are you not seeing what I have said many times? Christ has the power to do a lot of things we can't. He laid the foundation of the Universe, but he is not God, he has a God that gave him that power.

Ask yourself, what did Christ mean when he said that his Father is greater than ALL?

StanJ

Sorry Stan, may I call you Stan? It was my father's name, no joke. Don't see that very often. I have no idea how to fix the format, as I'm new to this type of board.

It may be too late, but go to it and click on the EDIT button if still there and post your comments OUTSIDE of the /QUOTE codes. When replying make sure YOUR comments are AFTER the /QUOTE and ensure every part of what you are quoting has starts with a QUOTE=##### with the square
brackets surrounding that coding.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You question was about walking into a closed room. Your off base. I have told you many times that Jesus was a man with the spirit Christ in him, that spirit is not God but a FORM of God. Therefor Jesus had special powers. Are you not seeing what I have said many times? Christ has the power to do a lot of things we can't. He laid the foundation of the Universe, but he is not God, he has a God that gave him that power.

Ask yourself, what did Christ mean when he said that his Father is greater than ALL?

Not off base. You don't want to be on the base. Jesus has two natures: divine and human. Jesus was not denying that He was God. He was merely acknowledging the fact that He was also a man. Jesus is both God and man. As a man, He was in a lesser position than the Father because He had added to Himself human nature (Col. 2:9) and was made under the Law (Gal. 4:4). He became a man to die for people (1 Cor. 15:1-4).

keypurr

Not off base. You don't want to be on the base. Jesus has two natures: divine and human. Jesus was not denying that He was God. He was merely acknowledging the fact that He was also a man. Jesus is both God and man. As a man, He was in a lesser position than the Father because He had added to Himself human nature (Col. 2:9) and was made under the Law (Gal. 4:4). He became a man to die for people (1 Cor. 15:1-4).

Jesus told you he was not God. He told you he was the SON of God.

Jesus was a man, a sinless man. God's flesh son, the body prepared foe Christ the true son.

The spirit in him, Christ, is a form of God, not God. Christ came with power.

Jesus Christ was a combination of man and spiritual son of God.
The express image of the Father.

Jesus was born a man, Christ was made a spirit.
Christ lowered himself to become a man in Jesus.

No one is equal to the Father as the Father is the only true God.

Jesus certainly did deny being God.
He did not come of his own accord, he was SENT by his God.

Jesus, the flesh, is the Lamb of God. He was born to be the Saviour.
Christ the spirit brought light to show us the person of the Father.
He went into Jesus at the anointing.

Does not Paul also tell us that we have one God, the Father, AND one Lord, Jesus Christ?

Like the churches, your reading things that are not there.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus told you he was not God. He told you he was the SON of God.

Jesus was a man, a sinless man. God's flesh son, the body prepared foe Christ the true son.

The spirit in him, Christ, is a form of God, not God. Christ came with power.

Jesus Christ was a combination of man and spiritual son of God.
The express image of the Father.

Jesus was born a man, Christ was made a spirit.
Christ lowered himself to become a man in Jesus.

No one is equal to the Father as the Father is the only true God.

Jesus certainly did deny being God.
He did not come of his own accord, he was SENT by his God.

Jesus, the flesh, is the Lamb of God. He was born to be the Saviour.
Christ the spirit brought light to show us the person of the Father.
He went into Jesus at the anointing.

Does not Paul also tell us that we have one God, the Father, AND one Lord, Jesus Christ?

Like the churches, your reading things that are not there.

And how many sinless men are there?

lifeisgood

And keypurr forgets that Jesus continues to have a physical body after His resurrection, albeit a glorified body.
A physical body that can go through physical things.
A physical body that forever has the marks of His sacrifice showing the way of salvation.
A physical body that Thomas could have touched.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, [and the same] today, [and the same] forever. (Heb. 13:8)

How can that be? Jesus Christ is God!
How sad that having had the truth, keypurr now denies God's truth.

keypurr

And keypurr forgets that Jesus continues to have a physical body after His resurrection, albeit a glorified body.
A physical body that can go through physical things.
A physical body that forever has the marks of His sacrifice showing the way of salvation.
A physical body that Thomas could have touched.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, [and the same] today, [and the same] forever. (Heb. 13:8)

How can that be? Jesus Christ is God!
How sad that having had the truth, keypurr now denies God's truth.

Who is the God of Jesus Christ?
Who did Jesus Christ pray to?
Who sent Jesus Christ to us?
Can your God die? Mine can not die.
Who does Jesus Christ submit to?
Who is the God he went to?

Jesus Christ has a God, he answers to his God, his God is our God.

Answer the questions if you can.