What is the express image of God?

Read

I know that friend, I was trying to point out that the body of Jesus had been given that express image of the Father spirit. For it spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was.

Keypurr, Thank you for admitting that by such a term as "a holy Christ spirit" you are not holding fast the form of sound words.

The truth is not confusing like the doctrine of the trinity which no one can explain or understand, though some like to boast that they can (Psa.94:4).

The truth is easy to understand even by little children. "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes" (Mt.11:25).

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Cor.11:3).

The truth is always simple. Your last post to me is impossible to understand. Here it is again:

"... that the body of Jesus had been given that express image of the Father spirit. For it spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was."

Hebrews 1:3 describes the risen Son of God as the brightness of God's glory, and the express image of his person. Simple!

But Keypurr, you have imposed upon Hebrews chapter 3 "the body of Jesus", "the Father spirit" and "IT" which supposedly "spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was."

Here "IT" is everybody, Keypurr's doctrine of the trinity "body, spirit and IT." Any one who doesn't believe in the great god "IT" roasts in hell!

Read!

Read

?

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I assume you quibble on the technicality that men must receive what Christ has be preaching, understanding what the idea is, that in accepting Truth as the lord and savior in their life and in all mankind they become sons-of-God???

Dave you said; "all men have the power to become the sons of God"
The truth is as you have quoted John 1:12 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."

All men do not have the power to become the sons of God. Only as many as received him, to them gave he power.

Read

dave3712

Nothing to quibble about, it says it. To those who receive Christ, to THEM He gave the power to become sons of God.

All men do not have that power - and God is who grants it to the believer.

Let me re-phrase what could be misunderstood, the way you are doing, by saying that all men do have the opportunity to receive Christ as every proselytizing minister will tell you.

It IS in their power, then, to become the sons of God, as was Jesus.

dave3712

Posted by Read

Dave you say; "all men have the power to become the sons of God" supports the idea that same spirit which indwelled Jesus can do so in us.

Read: All men do not have the power to become the sons of God.

DAVE:

?

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I assume you quibble on the technicality that men must also use their power to first receive what Christ has be preaching?

////

Read:
Dave you said; "all men have the power to become the sons of God"

All men do not have the power to become the sons of God. Only as many as received him, to them gave he power.

Read

But that power to"believe in his name" is the power they have, isn't it???

/////

Christ does not deny anyone who will ask to be received as a son of god in his name.

dave3712

Keypurr, ...

The truth is not confusing like the doctrine of the trinity which no one can explain or understand, though some like to boast that they can (Psa.94:4).!

Once one grasps that Christ is the Truth, personified, Trinity is simple to understand, isn't it???

TRINITY:
Our Lord is (1) Truth, in whose (2) Spirit of mind we must commit our lives, in order to face (3) Father Nature, The Almighty, the Reality, within which we all exist.

keypurr

Er...except for "express." Keep studying.

Hi Lon, long time no hear from you, hope things are ok with you and yours.

Express is a very good word to remember when discussing God's image. I will study til he takes me friend.

keypurr

Did you, per-chance make this stuff up?? Now, be honest...

No, I am not gifted enough to make this up.

It comes from Pauls book of Colossians and Hebrews. Want to learn more about it? Read chapter 1 of both books. It talks about an express image of God. You must know that though.

What is an express image of God?

keypurr

There is no "invisible," image of God! If you're making reference to the Holy Spirit, than say so! There exists, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are ONE!!

You will never know truth if you keep your mind closed.

The Holy Spirit is not the topic of discussion, the express image of God is. Hebrews 1. Start there.

keypurr

Where do you get this stuff? An image is the visible representation of something. You put your dvd into the player to watch a movie. The dvd has invisible signals on it which the player makes into visible images. The images are the invisible signals made visible.

Jesus is the image of God in that He is God made visible.

Comprendo?
No, an express image is a copy of whatevar it is the image of.

God is a spirit, that image would be a spirit. Christ is the image of God so Christ is a spirit. Now Jesus is a man, he had to be a man otherwise he went to the cross for nothing. But, Christ was in him. This same Christ that was with the Father before the world was created. I hope you don't believe that a 33 year old man created the world.

Now back to your dvd player, I hope your only watching church approved movies on it.

Peace Wile

keypurr

Well, Keypurr.
I think you have hit the "nail on the head," but you just aren't ready to admit it.
You said:

Good for you Keypurr.
Yes, they saw a FORM of God.
Yes, no one can see God the Spirit!

Since both of these things are true ... then surely you can see by the rest of the evidence in scripture that God did have a created FORM which could be seen and did represent HIS presence unto the eyes of men and angel within his own creation.

This is the simple point, which is substantiated in scripture, that I've tried to reveal to people.

No one can see God the infinite Spirit... but they could see the FORM he created for his use. The Bible has called IT an image... and in Colossians 1:15 we are told that the image of God was the firstborn of all creatures (IOW, the firstborn of all living created beings). God used HIS FORM for his personal use ... to become Emmanuel - meaning God among men or God with us.

They could only see that form when it was put into Jesus. That form spoke thru Jesus. That form was a creation, that form is Christ. Since Christ is God's express image, he is a form of God. He is God's first creation and The Father was pleased that it contained his fullness.

Peace friend

dave3712

Sorry Dave,
In Exodus 24:9,10,11,12 there were 74 people who saw the presence of a "body of heaven in HIS clearness" at the same time. They spent some time in HIS presence while they ate a meal in his presence without his harming them. They claimed to have seen God ... and verse 12 shares the NAME of the God they saw ... The LORD.

You are stretching things to turn this event into the discovery of a star or another god.

More than the 74 people saw this planetary symbol of the unseen Hebrew God in my opinion.

Aaron was teaching the Jews in Egypt and even gyptians who would listen to find Uranus in the night sky and watch its slow course across the night sky.
This was the power he also held once Moses had shown him which constellation to look at.

uranus.jpg

Then He said to Moses (by means of a thought or idea which occurred to Moses), "Come up" (the mountain) "to" (view) "the LORD, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu and seventy of the elders of Israel," (and physically see the wonder and revelation to which you have referred all these days in Egypt), and you shall worship (me, i.e.; this god now symbolized by this eighth [8th] planet, Uranus, the almighty and long an Unseen God, beyond those seven world famous pagan others).... "at a distance."...
"Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the (Planet Uranus), God of Israel;
and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, (the five moons of Uranus), as clear as the sky itself.

Yet He did not stretch out His hand (spreading his fingers apart to span the three signs of the Zodiac that would be traveled in seven year intervals), against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, (the eighth [8th] planet, Uranus, almighty and long an Unseen God, beyond those seven world famous others), and they ate and drank (rejoicing in the fall of the ancient beliefs all founded upon a now failed Astrology).

Shinsalute_1.Jpg

dave3712

No, I am not gifted enough to make this up.

It comes from Pauls book of Colossians and Hebrews. Want to learn more about it? Read chapter 1 of both books. It talks about an express image of God. You must know that though.

What is an express image of God?

The express image of God is also mentioned in Hebrews:

Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

keypurr

Keypurr, Thank you for admitting that by such a term as "a holy Christ spirit" you are not holding fast the form of sound words.

The truth is not confusing like the doctrine of the trinity which no one can explain or understand, though some like to boast that they can (Psa.94:4).

The truth is easy to understand even by little children. "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes" (Mt.11:25).

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Cor.11:3).

The truth is always simple. Your last post to me is impossible to understand. Here it is again:

"... that the body of Jesus had been given that express image of the Father spirit. For it spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was."

Hebrews 1:3 describes the risen Son of God as the brightness of God's glory, and the express image of his person. Simple!

But Keypurr, you have imposed upon Hebrews chapter 3 "the body of Jesus", "the Father spirit" and "IT" which supposedly "spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was."

Here "IT" is everybody, Keypurr's doctrine of the trinity "body, spirit and IT." Any one who doesn't believe in the great god "IT" roasts in hell!

Read!

I still see the image was created before the world. The image was used by the Father for the creation. What glory did he have then?
What is a spirit? The older Bibles call it an "IT". If Jesus spoke of pre exsistance he was not in a human form. It had to be the spirit given to him at his baptism. Acts 10:38. No disrespect is meant by calling a spirit an IT. Understand I am not a trinity believer.

I don't think your understanding my thoughts Read. I believe Christ exsisted before the world, not Jesus. Jesus was given Christ. Thats when I feel he fully became the Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Keypurr and those of his ilk like to create their own, "imaginative" doctrines!! Their
beliefs are both bazaar and distracting from the truth!!

keypurr

Keypurr and those of his ilk like to create their own, "imaginative" doctrines!! Their
beliefs are both bazaar and distracting from the truth!!

GM, I just quote scripture and then tell you how I see it to mean. You are welcome to do the same.

What is the express image of God in Hebrews 1?
Is is a created being? is is a god?
Is it a created god?

Here, I will make it easy for you to see.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Lets add this to it for effect:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Give it some thought and tell me what YOU think GM.

dave3712

I still see the image was created before the world. The image was used by the Father for the creation. What glory did he have then?
What is a spirit? The older Bibles call it an "IT". If Jesus spoke of pre exsistance he was not in a human form. It had to be the spirit given to him at his baptism. Acts 10:38. No disrespect is meant by calling a spirit an IT. Understand I am not a trinity believer.

I don't think your understanding my thoughts Read. I believe Christ exsisted before the world, not Jesus. Jesus was given Christ. Thats when I feel he fully became the Christ.

I could agree even more.

"It" is merely gender and supports that the spirit of Truth is what is referrred to in these passages.

Since Christ is Truth, and the son of god, also, the express image of that god, it follows that simple reasoning identifies the father as the ever unfolding Reality to which "it" corresponds, congruently, one-to-one.

I offer this to you that you might reconsider trinity, because, at no moment in time, can you distinguish between what is the truth and what is the particuar facts of reality.

dave3712

I know that friend, I was trying to point out that the body of Jesus had been given that express image of the Father spirit. For it spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was.

2x

Can you see that this was the same spirit as had indwelled Elijah 800 years prior?

The express spirit was here from the very beginning.
It appeared in a physial man when Enoch lived.
That express spirit was in Melzedek.
And it was in Elijah, and Jesus.

That express image is simply Truth, a concept we think of as an ideal or perfection of Truth.

But Jesus was the only one of these who laid down his life so that we would understand.
Jesus was the suffering messiah who was the physical man who had been indwelled prior to the metamorphosis of his Transfiguration.

Ps82

They could only see that form when it was put into Jesus. That form spoke thru Jesus. That form was a creation, that form is Christ. Since Christ is God's express image, he is a form of God. He is God's first creation and The Father was pleased that it contained his fullness.

Peace friend

Your answer leaves me with more questions:
a.) Does your answer mean that you do not believe the OT scripture Exodus 24:9,10,11,12? You don't believe that they saw a body of heaven in his clearness?

b.) Do you believe that the form they saw was a super-natural presence representing the future fleshly form of our Lord Jesus?

I may agree with you about this comment?
That form was a creation, that form is Christ. Since Christ is God's express image, he is a form of God.

I also agree with you in this way. God created an image for his personal use ... and that image was to be used for manifesting the WORD of God, our Savior, in flesh in the future.

I believe that when anyone saw this super-natural image then they had seen a FORM of what would one day be seen as "the son of man / Son of God" in flesh. Until the time of our Lord Jesus no one had ever seen that FORM in flesh.

But you need to now address the truth in this verse:
Isaiah 43:11
I (God), even I AM, the LORD, beside ME (God) there is no savior.

So in Exodus 24:9,10,11,12 these 74 men saw a FORM God created
for revealing himself ... as:
Well, according to Christ who said that he and the Father are ONE, then there are actually two entities recognized as the ONE God.
According to all that is found in scripture about the manifestation of the both of them (OT and NT times), then the only conclusion is that these two, who are ONE, are:
a.) The Father who is God (manifested body of heaven)
b.) The Son, who is God's WORD, who is God (manifested flesh)