What is the express image of God?

Read

Hi Mr Read,

I appreciate your considerate and polite responses very much.
I would like to respond to this set of issue separately at first, since this is the basis for stating that Jesus was a man but that Spirit in him is our God and his.

The verse you recommended to me seems to clearly support what I say about the Devil, dominating our mind, while the verse also confirms that Truth is the ideal we call the son-of-God.

2 Corinthians 4:4
Amplified Bible (AMP)
4 For the god of this world (the devil) has blinded the unbelievers’ minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Truth), Who is the (immaterial, weightless, abstract) Image and Likeness of God.

That "all men have the power to become the sons of God" supports the idea that same spirit which indwelled Jesus can do so in us.
That is the teaching of the Church, that we can accept Christ.
Christ can become the a personal relationship with us because Christ is a mentality.

It is this mentality that we can take on even as millions of others at the same time do likewise.
The mentality is a concept, then.
The menality is a "body" of thought, but not matrial or phtsical or concrete in itself.

It is a vision in, and of, our mind.

Dave you say; "Jesus was a man but that Spirit in him is our God and his." This is all true and confirmed by:

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Since Christ is a man and God is not a man (Num.23:19) implies that Christ was/is not God.

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. (That God was in Christ implies that Christ was/is not God).

2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not. The Father is the God of Jesus Christ which implies that Christ was/is not God, for God does not have a god.

You say: That "all men have the power to become the sons of God" supports the idea that same spirit which indwelled Jesus can do so in us. That is the teaching of the Church, that we can accept Christ.
All men do not have the power to become the sons of God. Jesus said: Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth. In the day of his power we were willing and we "received" the Lord Jesus Christ - we did not accept him.

NO one can "accept" Christ for to accept means "consent to receive."
We receive Christ apart from our consent eg.Paul on the road to Damascus (Acts 9:3-22).

You say: Christ can become the a personal relationship with us because Christ is a mentality. Better to say: "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" (Phil.2:5)

Read

keypurr

Please show me just how you explain away this OT truth in:
Exodus 24:9,10,11,12

Since the NT tells us that no man has seen God I can only guess friend. How many forms as God taken in scripture. Were these men seeing God or a form of God. God is a spirit, we have yet to begin to understand the power of a spirit. But it makes sense to me that only his express image would really see the Father fully. Only Christ would fully understand the workings of his God. I do not have many answers yet, but I still seeking Ps82, like you my friend.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since the NT tells us that no man has seen God I can only guess friend. How many forms as God taken in scripture. Were these men seeing God or a form of God. God is a spirit, we have yet to begin to understand the power of a spirit. But it makes sense to me that only his express image would really see the Father fully. Only Christ would fully understand the workings of his God. I do not have many answers yet, but I still seeking Ps82, like you my friend.

You mean that, only Christ would fully understand the workings of His Father fully!! Not, "His God."

keypurr

You mean that, only Christ would fully understand the workings of His Father fully!! Not, "His God."

No, his father is his God.
Christ is the Son of God, NOT God the Son.

Mar 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Read

I disagree somewhat. True the body needs the spirit for life. But I see that demons (spirits) can enter bodies so why could not a holy Christ spirit enter a body? I think that Jesus had his own spirit as well as the express image spirit in him. This is how God spoke through him. I realize that i'm applying human logic to scripture, but why would it not be possible?

Peace friend.

Keypurr you ask:

Why could not a holy Christ spirit enter a body? " What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" (1 Cor.6:19)

Keypurr, "The Holy Spirit" I know (1 Cor.6:19), "the Spirit of God" I know (Rms.8:9) and "the Spirit of Christ" I know (1 Pet.1:11) - but who or what is "a holy Christ Spirit?"

You say that you are applying human logic to scripture. Better to "Hold fast the form of sound words..." (2 Tim.1:13)

Read!

dave3712

Please show me just how you explain away this OT truth in:
Exodus 24:9,10,11,12

BTW, the KJV states ... that they saw "the body of heaven in HIS clearness."

This verse supports the TE theological theory that states Moses had actually discovered the never before noticed, unseen planetary God Uranus.

The planet, which is a moving "star" against the branching constellation in the background, burned upon the trained astronomer's mind of Moses because he immediately realized he had scientific proof of another never seen God which woukd confirm the Jewish traditions of YVHV.

staffofMoses.jpg

Armed with Scientific evidence, he also was certain that Oharaoh and his wisemen could not oppose this news, if he got others, like Aaron, to keep pointing it out even if Pharaoah tried to imporison or kill him.

keypurr

Keypurr you ask:

Why could not a holy Christ spirit enter a body? " What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" (1 Cor.6:19)

Keypurr, "The Holy Spirit" I know (1 Cor.6:19), "the Spirit of God" I know (Rms.8:9) and "the Spirit of Christ" I know (1 Pet.1:11) - but who or what is "a holy Christ Spirit?"

You say that you are applying human logic to scripture. Better to "Hold fast the form of sound words..." (2 Tim.1:13)

Read!

I know that friend, I was trying to point out that the body of Jesus had been given that express image of the Father spirit. For it spoke through Jesus about things that were before the world was.

dave3712

Dave you say; "all men have the power to become the sons of God" supports the idea that same spirit which indwelled Jesus can do so in us.

Read:All men do not have the power to become the sons of God.

Read

?

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I assume you quibble on the technicality that men must receive what Christ has be preaching, understanding what the idea is, that in accepting Truth as the lord and savior in their life and in all mankind they become sons-of-God???

dave3712

No friend, the image of God is a spirit like God is. You cannot see it. This image was filled with the person of the Father and the power of the Father. The only difference is one is a creation of the other. The Father created this image. Now the Father was no longer alone, he had a spiritual son. Christ is firstborn of all creatures.

He was made first and higher than any other created being. God, through his son Christ, created all things.

Peace

I read this in light of the present paradigm of knowledge which allows me to supply the word that would better explain what is said here.

The archaic connotations that fail to identify things like spirit(s) in terms now available to us and more easily related to make the ideas you express that are couched in vague ephemism of the first century.

Where we read "he," we need supply the word Truth, which is essentially what Christ was saying.

He is the Truth, an ideal.

"He (Truth) was made first (in the wake of the ever unfolding Reality that Truth images), and higher (more authoritative) than any other created being (i.e.; spiritual entity available to the mind).

God, (the almighty Reality of what actually exists), through his son Christ, (the corresponding image of Truth) created all things (that man's mind can relate to in the Real World). "

Kant explained this exact same thing when he spoke of the thing that actually exists, and our mental construction of it

Our mental construct of it is what we relate to, on the assumption that we have properly deduced this external entity from the sensory data we utilized to so do.

Lon

It's what we are to become at our resurrection from the dead! On the last day!

John 6:39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

John 6:40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

Joh 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Joh 11:24 Martha *said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day."

We shall all have the express image of God on the last day at our resurrection! Then we shall be like HIM! (Jesus) our brother... the first born from the dead!

:poly::sherlock:
Paul
Buzz, I'm sorry, you lose again unless the game is 'what I want scripture to say' or 'let's play make-believe or make it up as I go.'

Lon

No friend, the image of God is a spirit like God is. You cannot see it. This image was filled with the person of the Father and the power of the Father. The only difference is one is a creation of the other. The Father created this image. Now the Father was no longer alone, he had a spiritual son. Christ is firstborn of all creatures. He was made first and higher than any other created being. God, through his son Christ, created all things.

Peace
Er...except for "express." Keep studying.

Wile E. Coyote

No friend, the image of God is a spirit like God is. You cannot see it. Peace
Where do you get this stuff? An image is the visible representation of something. You put your dvd into the player to watch a movie. The dvd has invisible signals on it which the player makes into visible images. The images are the invisible signals made visible.

Jesus is the image of God in that He is God made visible.

Comprendo?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Where do you get this stuff? An image is the visible representation of something. You put your dvd into the player to watch a movie. The dvd has invisible signals on it which the player makes into visible images. The images are the invisible signals made visible.

Jesus is the image of God in that He is God made visible.

Comprendo?

Now! That makes sense. Keypurr's stuff sounds "fabricated."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is no "invisible," image of God! If you're making reference to the Holy Spirit, than say so! There exists, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are ONE!!

Ps82

Well, Keypurr.
I think you have hit the "nail on the head," but you just aren't ready to admit it.
You said:
How many forms as God taken in scripture. Were these men seeing God or a form of God.

Good for you Keypurr.
Yes, they saw a FORM of God.
Yes, no one can see God the Spirit!

Since both of these things are true ... then surely you can see by the rest of the evidence in scripture that God did have a created FORM which could be seen and did represent HIS presence unto the eyes of men and angel within his own creation.

This is the simple point, which is substantiated in scripture, that I've tried to reveal to people.

No one can see God the infinite Spirit... but they could see the FORM he created for his use. The Bible has called IT an image... and in Colossians 1:15 we are told that the image of God was the firstborn of all creatures (IOW, the firstborn of all living created beings). God used HIS FORM for his personal use ... to become Emmanuel - meaning God among men or God with us.

Ps82

Sorry Dave,
In Exodus 24:9,10,11,12 there were 74 people who saw the presence of a "body of heaven in HIS clearness" at the same time. They spent some time in HIS presence while they ate a meal in his presence without his harming them. They claimed to have seen God ... and verse 12 shares the NAME of the God they saw ... The LORD.

You are stretching things to turn this event into the discovery of a star or another god.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
dave said:
That "all men have the power to become the sons of God" supports the idea that same spirit which indwelled Jesus can do so in us.

?

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I assume you quibble on the technicality that men must receive what Christ has be preaching, understanding what the idea is, that in accepting Truth as the lord and savior in their life and in all mankind they become sons-of-God???

Nothing to quibble about, it says it. To those who receive Christ, to THEM He gave the power to become sons of God.

All men do not have that power - and God is who grants it to the believer.