ECT What is Preterism

musterion

Read it more carefully...Paul was explaining what had happened.

tumblr_inline_mwusysHX2L1rnc0ht.gif

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Corinthians 13:10 KJV
(10) But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

To the preterists ----- did that happen in 70AD?

Paul is referring to the two covenants, the return of Christ, and the complete Word of God.

The writer of Hebrews said the same thing.

(Heb 8:13) By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Keep reading 1 Cor 13. Paul uses the mirror analogy. At that time they could look in the mirror and see only a reflection. At that time the NT wasn't completed, the revelations of God were still incomplete, the new covenant wasn't fully in place yet, the old covenant was still around, sign gifts were still being used, and Christ Jesus hadn't returned yet.

Since 70AD the new covenant is fully in place, the old covenant is gone for good, we have the completed canon of scripture, the sign gifts have ceased, Christ Jesus returned, and all of God's truths have been given to us.

We can now look in the mirror, and see "face to face".

Interplanner

Paul is referring to the two covenants, the return of Christ, and the complete Word of God.

The writer of Hebrews said the same thing.

(Heb 8:13) By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Keep reading 1 Cor 13. Paul uses the mirror analogy. At that time they could look in the mirror and see only a reflection. At that time the NT wasn't completed, the revelations of God were still incomplete, the new covenant wasn't fully in place yet, the old covenant was still around, sign gifts were still being used, and Christ Jesus hadn't returned yet.

Since 70AD the new covenant is fully in place, the old covenant is gone for good, we have the completed canon of scripture, the sign gifts have ceased, Christ Jesus returned, and all of God's truths have been given to us.

We can now look in the mirror, and see "face to face".

Define return.

Danoh

What list?

"The list in the paragraph of completed things" YOU posted.

:doh:

That is exactly why you are as off as you so often are.

For you were in fact ALMOST right.

While, that Interplanner endorsed you as being right, is just one more clue that you were not - the man is as clueless as an over reliance on endless books "about" leave one.

He knows "about" books "about."

He does not KNOW the Scripture.

Interplanner

"The list in the paragraph of completed things" YOU posted.

:doh:

That is exactly why you are as off as you so often are.

For you were in fact ALMOST right.

While, that Interplanner endorsed you as being right, is just one more clue that you were not - the man is as clueless as an over reliance on endless books "about" leave one.

He knows "about" books "about."

He does not KNOW the Scripture.

If we all disregard 'blanket' dismissals like the one above, we could keep having some good discussions about specific passages.

People who do not know scripture are not here; they would have no care or interest in the effort of discussing things here. I would never say that about a D'ist; it is not that kind of error.

Interplanner

I just do not have any interest in speaking about things that are not from the Bible.

Is the destruction of Jerusalem in 66+ "from the Bible"?
Is the famine of 49 in the Roman world "from the Bible"?
Is the eviction of Jews from Rome in Acts 18:1 "from the Bible"?
Was the Aeropagus in Acts 17 "from the Bible"?

Danoh

If we all disregard 'blanket' dismissals like the one above, we could keep having some good discussions about specific passages.

People who do not know scripture are not here; they would have no care or interest in the effort of discussing things here. I would never say that about a D'ist; it is not that kind of error.

In other words, ignore everyone of IP's OPs - they all begin with, contain, and or end up with labels deriding Dispy eschatology.

The hypocrite then cries foul when a label is hurled at him.

You want grace - give it - you hypocrite.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

God's Truth

Is the destruction of Jerusalem in 66+ "from the Bible"?
Is the famine of 49 in the Roman world "from the Bible"?
Is the eviction of Jews from Rome in Acts 18:1 "from the Bible"?
Was the Aeropagus in Acts 17 "from the Bible"?

...only as much as it was mentioned.

You do not always speak according to the scriptures.

The Bible says if you do not speak according to scripture you have no light of dawn.

You also have a problem with answering simple questions about your beliefs and the Bible. Like Teletistial, you both run off when you have a hard time answering, and act as if it is me and not you.

God's Truth

In other words, ignore everyone of IP's OPs - they all begin with, contain, and or end up with labels deriding Dispy eschatology.

The hypocrite then cries foul when a label is hurled at him.

You want grace - give it - you hypocrite.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

You certainly are not one to give advice and call anyone a hypocrite.

Interplanner

You certainly are not one to give advice and call anyone a hypocrite.

I don't think it will help d'ist eschatology to be called MAD, but it can be. I'm not there to create labels. that is why I consistently object to a doctrine: to 2P2P, or to mixing Mt24A and B. That is very different from calling someone an idiot to start, and to enjoy doing so.

God's Truth

I don't think it will help d'ist eschatology to be called MAD, but it can be. I'm not there to create labels. that is why I consistently object to a doctrine: to 2P2P, or to mixing Mt24A and B. That is very different from calling someone an idiot to start, and to enjoy doing so.

They have no other way to defend their false doctrines.

Danoh

It is because you are an idiot.

As well as a hypocrite.

Anyone who reads your opening posts on MAD can see you neither know MAD nor do you post on it without resorting to misinformation; your own fool ideas about MAD; and your very deriding labels.

In fact, you are a coward. You did not resort to the deriding labels for a time.

But when you found TOL is rather lax on that, out of your coward's closet you came with your deriding labels.

Where you are right on some point as to a passage, I will acknowledge same.

Where you are not right and or are being the jerk you have proven to be, I will post to that.

If you have issue with such sharp rebuke on this before all, then put away your sin as to this issue.

You well know I have tried to deal with you in a much more tolerant spirit, only for you to grow in your maligning.

musterion

Not sure this was ever answered by a preterist.

What was "the perfect" that Paul said would come?

Did it?

If so, how do you know it has already come?

Danoh

Not sure this was ever answered by a preterist.

What was "the perfect" that Paul said would come?

Did it?

If so, how do you know it has already come?

I may be off on this - my understanding is that, at least as viewed by some within Preterism "that which is perfect" refers both to the complete canon of Scripture and to the return of Christ; both of which they assert took place near about or in, 70AD.

One of their bigger names - J.S. Russell, held that with said return, the more elite of the Christians back then were Raptured to Heaven.

Just goes to show all Tet's nonsense about Darby's supposed Rapture invention, or what have you, not only points its remaining fingers right back at one of their main giants, but has him concluding an idea not much different from the JW's 144,000 elite.

It's all fascinating to me.