ECT What gospel was Paul saved under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
His is the "one size fits all" gospel of Interplanner.

In other words, in his mis-understanding, the sense is that of a division not of gospels, but of respective labors in this "one size fits all" gospel.

1 - Peter TO the Circumcision;

2 - Paul TO the Gentiles;

3 - Interplanner TO the MADs he "could care less about" learning about FIRST.

He claims to follow Paul; while ignorant of the fact that Paul was very well versed in the positions of those he was attempting to reach.

All Inter is actually doing, is admiring himself in the reflection his words are meant to reflect back to him as to how well read he is, and thus, all knowing, above "these Bible over reliant MAD boobs..." :chuckle:
I find that many of these folks have a difficult time with just about anything.

Firstly, they try to make anything with similarities into the SAME thing.
Secondly, they ignore subtle but important differences in things.

Sure, if you want to, you can talk about the entire Bible as "good news". But that's a tremendous over-simplification and ignores import details contained throughout.

Many seem to think that God chose Israel JUST to bring Jesus into the world. Once again ignoring much of what is written.

There is also a large amount of them reading things BACK into the scripture that are simply not there. Like things not found until God revealed them to and through Paul.

They're just a mess because they have to force-fit so many things that don't belong.

Danoh

First, please fix the quotes. I didn't say it, but chuckled at it. It's AMR's MO. Get over it.

What quotes?

You know I'll correct it, heir; be specific.

And what's with this high and mightiness of yours and some of those MADs who side with your insolence, that when you disagree with another MAD, you from then on mostly post to them only when you have some negative to cry foul about :rotfl:

Rather immature of you/them :chuckle:

I shall continue to support those posts of yours I agree with.

For ye are straightened not in us; but in your own selves :chuckle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope. You never answered the first question and I made mention of it before. Why can't you answer such a simple question?

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-saved-under&p=4754346&viewfull=1#post4754346

Judging by a few of the responses, your view is even a wee bit outside your own camp.
I'm not in a camp, but a fellowheir and of the same Body (one Body 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, Ephesians 4:5 KJV) and partaker of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) I'm asking you to define. It's a simple request, but apparently not for "Ask Mr. Religion".

heir

TOL Subscriber
What quotes?

You have me saying

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-saved-under&p=4755103&viewfull=1#post4755103

that which RD said:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-saved-under&p=4755103&viewfull=1#post4755103

And what's with this high and mightiness of yours and some of those MADs who side with your insolence, that when you disagree with another MAD, you from then on mostly post to them only when you have some negative to cry foul about :rotfl:
I'm not about to go through this with you AGAIN. Move on from your misjudgment.

Oh. You're still sore that some of us 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV. I pray that you will someday approve things that are excellent (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV) by 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What gospel was Paul saved under?

LA

It cannot be that Paul was saved under a Gospel different to that which was established before he was saved.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
It cannot be that Paul was saved under a Gospel different to that which was established before he was saved.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA
All salvation is in Christ and in that common. The word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is the same is that which Paul received (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV). It is not the gospel of the kingdom as Paul could not be forgiven under it (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV).

Interplanner

All salvation is in Christ and in that common. The word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is the same is that which Paul received (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV). It is not the gospel of the kingdom as Paul could not be forgiven under it (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV).

The Mt 12 passage is not even close to being another gospel or suggesting that it is. You have no business saying so. This is the worst example of picking out a line or two from a narrative and saying it is equal to or trumps the declarations of the apostles.

For several hundred years in the Reformation, it has been an interpretive principle that the longer, fuller passages on a topic in the Letters, not an incidental statement in one of the narrative accounts, are the best source of doctrine. And Mt 12 doesn't even try to be a 'competing' gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You have me saying

that which RD said:

I'm not about to go through this with you AGAIN. Move on from your misjudgment.

Oh. You're still sore that some of us 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV. I pray that you will someday approve things that are excellent (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV) by 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Excellent post Heir, as usual.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Mt 12 passage is not even close to being another gospel or suggesting that it is. You have no business saying so. This is the worst example of picking out a line or two from a narrative and saying it is equal to or trumps the declarations of the apostles.

For several hundred years in the Reformation, it has been an interpretive principle that the longer, fuller passages on a topic in the Letters, not an incidental statement in one of the narrative accounts, are the best source of doctrine. And Mt 12 doesn't even try to be a 'competing' gospel.

It's a real shame that you're allowing your ignorance to block ALL truth.

Interplanner

It's a real shame that you're allowing your ignorance to block ALL truth.

I don't block all truth. I believe, for ex., God created the universe and mankind. So I don't block all truth. It is a shame that you can't talk about specifics; I assume that it is so much more soothing to be able to entirely write someone off that you just hide behind general, sweeping statements that are worthless.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
What quotes?

I shall continue to support those posts of yours I agree with.

For ye are straightened not in us; but in your own selves :chuckle:

You don't know what you're talking about. Heir is "Right on."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't block all truth. I believe, for ex., God created the universe and mankind. So I don't block all truth. It is a shame that you can't talk about specifics; I assume that it is so much more soothing to be able to entirely write someone off that you just hide behind general, sweeping statements that are worthless.

That's your opinion. Your opinion and $5.00 will purchase a fairly nice cup of coffee.

Interplanner

That's your opinion. Your opinion and $5.00 will purchase a fairly nice cup of coffee.

So...believing God is creator of the universe and mankind is no longer Truth. I see. That is what you are saying right? I am void of ALL truth and that is your evidence. Speak to the point or shut up.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So...believing God is creator of the universe and mankind is no longer Truth. I see. That is what you are saying right? I am void of ALL truth and that is your evidence. Speak to the point or shut up.

I see you STILL think you're in charge of TOL by barking orders. By the way, don't put words in other posters mouths, it's unsanitary.

Status
Not open for further replies.