Interplanner

you don't see my point because you don't know what you are talking about
-you are not saved by any gospel
-you are not saved period
-you might be saved by what Jesus did
-that is the good news
-that is the gospel

You're quite the comic:

"You're not saved, period...that's the real gospel." Thanks! The horse crap was great too!

Interplanner

you don't see my point because you don't know what you are talking about
-you are not saved by any gospel
-you are not saved period
-you might be saved by what Jesus did
-that is the good news
-that is the gospel

In English grammar the - is only used rarely; never for anchoring the grammar of a sentence. Dump all of these and start over and you may be more clear even to yourself.

Danoh

have you searched
-might be saved
-even paul says it

The intended sense of a word is not first studied by how it is used in a phrase.

That comes after the word is studied as to how it is used in all kinds of contexts.

This is how Dictionary publishing companies arrive at the various uses for a word in their dictionaries.

Until one does that with word "might" - studies out HOW it is used THROUGHOUT the Scripture; one has no business asserting a conclusion on the phrase "might be saved."

Not in dictionaries, but in Scripture.

If you use a Concordance; leave its' dictionary for last.

Just use the Concordance to find where - one; the same Greek word is used, and study a dozen or so of those uses.

Two, do the same where the same English word is used.

Then try its dictionary.

Do that much, that you - MIGHT be able to - say, that you have (done that much).

Notice one use of the word "might" in my above; that use, is also found being used in Scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is only one Gospel of Christ in the Bible which is inclusive of the promises of the age to come and the means to become a part of it.

It is all one message.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

LA

Slower-created a moving target drone:

Others do not argue that, moron-ette. They "argue" that there is only one Gospel, and that is not the same as arguing "There is only one Gospel of Christ in the Bible," despite your spin/lies, to the contrary.

john w

Hall of Fame
"The Gospel is not different for different times and peoples. The gospel has not changed from the OT to the NT. It is always about four things: God, man, Christ, and response."-AMR

No such thing as "The Gospel," fool, had you studied the meaning of the phrase, in light of what preceedeth its reference, and what followed, and it is satanic that you assert, fool, that there is just one piece of good news in the book, and that that same book, is always talking about the good news/gospel as pertaining to the dbr/salvation, and satanic that you assert Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. The bible never taught you that. Your stack of Calvin books did.

Raise the dead, AMR, heal the sick.....part of the gospel/good news, of the kingdom.

I thought so-another fraud, that does not study the details of the book, considering who is being addressed, when, what went before/after. You have no reasonable explanation as to why you don't raise the dead, speak in tongues, make limbs grow, cure the blind.......other than dismissing it, or "spiritualizing" it away. Those that rightly divide the word of truth do.

You don't even know what the term "gospel" means. My evidence? Your last few irrelevant posts.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is only one Gospel of Christ in the Bible.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
what kind of question is that?
-we are not saved by any gospel
-there is only one gospel
-that is the good news that we might be saved

One needs be saved from your sins now, and therefore be saved in the future by resurrection at Christs return.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
2.Paul preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. Neither the Lord Jesus Christ, or the 12, ever preached that, at least prior to the dbr.
It was Paul's gospel! Peter and the boys didn't even preach it as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth afterward! They didn't even know WHY Christ died until Acts 15 when Paul went up by revelation and communicated it unto them! These one gospelers don't have a gospel to stand on!

heir

TOL Subscriber
You need to keep up.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...always-saved&p=4535922&viewfull=1#post4535922

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...dy-of-Christ&p=4751315&viewfull=1#post4751315

You simply do not know what you are talking about. Your hair trigger denunciation of all things from a poster adopting the Reformed view without considering the actual content therein will continue to embarrass you as this shows. Try ready, aim, fire versus your usual ready, fire, aim.

AMR
Notice how AMR cannot rebut what he is linking to. He has no word of truth to rightly divide or all scripture with which to do it! His posts are all a bunch of :blabla:

Right Divider

Body part
It was Paul's gospel! Peter and the boys didn't even preach it as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth afterward! They didn't even know WHY Christ died until Acts 15 when Paul went up by revelation and communicated it unto them! These one gospelers don't have a gospel to stand on!
I regularly ask these "church started at Pentecost/one gospel" folks to show me where Peter preached the cross at Pentecost (i.e., as GOOD NEWS) and get the most convoluted answers possible, because it just didn't happen.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I regularly ask these "church started at Pentecost/one gospel" folks to show me where Peter preached the cross at Pentecost (i.e., as GOOD NEWS) and get the most convoluted answers possible, because it just didn't happen.
Right! It's not there!

Interplanner

The failure of Christs followers to see the difference between his gospel and Judaism does not mean that John or Christ had another evolving gospel. Or the failure to absorb it. 'Behold the Lamb of God' meant that the final once-for-all payment of the debt of sin was about to happen. When he did his first cross-proving miracle (Mk 2) it was to validate his (pre-sacrificial) authority to forgive sins.

The multi-gospel view has nothing to stand on. If Judaism thought the 'gospel' of Is 60 was going to be a liberated country, they quickly realized Jesus was not one of the zealots, and not going to do that.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are few mad proponents left here who have studied through what they actually believe. The majority are people who wandered into this forum and responded to the welcome from people with an 'anything goes' philosophy masquerading as protestant grace theology.
liar

Status
Not open for further replies.