What ever happened to...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have giving neg reps when I was a new member here.

But I felt so cheap so I stopped completely.

I never give anyone neg reps now.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have giving neg reps when I was a new member here.

But I felt so cheap so I stopped completely.

I never give anyone neg reps now.
It's for trolling my thread. You keep doing it. You think you can carry on conversations in threads that aren't yours. Regularly off topic and personal. I know you don't give me any, thanks.

marhig

The law is a curse and a schoolmaster, to bring us to CHRIST. We are no longer under the curse of the law nor do we need a schoolmaster (the law) anymore.

Galatians 3:10-24 KJV - Please read this meshak, we've all told you before.
[FONT=&quot]For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.[/FONT]
If we have true faith, we will obey Jesus and the father. And if we follow the two greatest commandments, then in God's time, we will be filled with the Holy Spirit of life, love and truth, and then we will have the laws written on our hearts and in our minds. God's laws aren't abolished, we live by them in the Spirit as we are guided by him, once we walk in the Spirit and are circumcised of the heart and not by the letter of the law. The spirit teaches us all things, and that includes how to live right before God, which is what the laws were made for.

Jesus is a new and living way to follow, he obeyed the laws of God, and he showed us how to live right before him. And if we truly follow Jesus, then we will live right before God too, and worship him in Spirit and in truth and Christ by the Spirit will strengthen us to do so. Jesus wasn't our perfect example for nothing. He is the way, the truth and the life and those who truly follow Jesus, live by him and by his teachings and they obey the truth.

marhig

Jesus said ALL! And WHOEVER:

John 10:8
All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I can't believe that you would disrespect God's prophets as you do, these are men of God living by his will, they are not in hell, they are with God.

marhig

As I 'amended' it was Jesus in terms of the trinity (they are in one accord after all). This is why it says in the OT that it was always God the father or the Spirit of God (The Holy Spirit) speaking to or through the prophets and Holy people etc. But you never read in the OT that Jesus (or the Messiah or any other name associated with Jesus) spoke through anyone, although Jesus did appear in bodily form at times and spoke to individuals but not from within. Please by all means check this but I'm sure this is correct.

Peter clearly says that Christ was in the prophets. They didn't realise that Christ was within them, that was the mystery that had been revealed to us.

1 Peter 1

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow

WatchmanOnTheWall

It is you who don't have right understanding.

If you believe in Jesus, you would strive to obey what He teaches but you deny it.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

IT IS FINISHED

Meaning Jesus made the way. Believing that allows us to enter Heaven.

marhig

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 19:30
When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

IT IS FINISHED

IT IS FINISHED, meaning Jesus has overcome the world and Satan!

He made the way in his lifetime, bringing us a perfect example of how to live and he was doing the work that the father had given him to do which was to preach and bare witness to the truth, and Jesus said that he finished the work that have been given him by the father before he went on the cross.

And it says John 3:16 It's whosoever believes in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life, not whosoever believes in his death on cross shall have eternal life. And those who truly believe obey God and obey what Jesus teaches and live by the word and will of God.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Don't you believe that the prophets had the Holy Spirit? If they did them they were born of God.

The Holy Spirit wasn't given till Pentecost. God spoke to the Prophets and they communicated what God had said. This was God the Father Who is in one accord with Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

marhig

The Holy Spirit wasn't given till Pentecost. God spoke to the Prophets and they communicated what God had said. This was God the Father Who is in one accord with Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Well that's not what it says in the old testament, many speak of the Spirit being with them, when I get time later, I will find you some verses if you wish? I'm just busy ATM. Every time I speak to you I seem to be on my way out 🤨speak later God willing.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I can't believe that you would disrespect God's prophets as you do,
Again this was not me who said this, it was Jesus!!!
these are men of God living by his will,
And they also sinned a times and most probably daily like most people. They were just men who God chose to use. Yes they may have been better than the rest but to God they were just the best of a bad bunch. No disrespect meant.
they are not in hell, they are with God.
No one went to Heaven before the cross.

marhig

Again this was not me who said this, it was Jesus!!!And they also sinned a times and most probably daily like most people. They were just men who God chose to use. Yes they may have been better than the rest but to God they were just the best of a bad bunch. No disrespect meant. No one went to Heaven before the cross.
Wow, I can't believe that people think like this.

And Moses and Elias would not have been on the mountain speaking to Jesus if they were in hell! And that was before Jesus died on the cross! How could you believe such men would be in hell?

As it says on Ecclesiastes 12, (amazingly in the old testament)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ok I'm off.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Peter clearly says that Christ was in the prophets. They didn't realise that Christ was within them, that was the mystery that had been revealed to us.

1 Peter 1

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow

Now show me the OT verse Peter is referring to? Because I can't find one. I know in post #84 I said Jesus did speak through the OT prophets because of this verse but I think Peter is referring to the fact that Jesus and God are one. Perhaps you could find an OT verse that backs Peter up literally but can't so am suggesting this.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
IT IS FINISHED

Contextual meaning is that Jesus finished the mission that His Father assigned Him to.

He was faithful to His Father until the end. And He succeeded His mission for His Father.

We ought to strive to be faithful to Him until the end like He did.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's for trolling my thread. You keep doing it. You think you can carry on conversations in threads that aren't yours. Regularly off topic and personal. I know you don't give me any, thanks.

I just created a thread for you because you don't accept any PMs.

I hope you read it.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No I'm not a JW nor do I agree with any of the demoninations. I follow and believe in Jesus. Jesus is the only way to Heaven and your spiritual works follow on. If you think you or anyone else can worm their way into Heaven then you might end up saying; 'LORD LORD didn't I do this and that for you?' But He will say 'I never even knew you.'

You can only know Christ be accepting him as you saviour, not yourself.

Read/learn:
Messianic Christology
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...nline.com/showthread.php?t=95439&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk