What ever happened to...

God's Truth

Yes, the two great commandments, do you know what they are?

You can't do ANY of those two commandments if you don't do everything Jesus commands.

For some reason some people think that scripture means we only have to do one thing, when in fact that scripture proves we have to obey EVERYTHING that Jesus preaches.

However, the fearful teach that if they obey Jesus they will have to give up their home and everything they own and become a traveling minister. They don't let themselves be saved and they stop everyone who wants to be saved by saying there is another gospel where we just don't do anything.

God's Truth

Love is 'not harming your neighbor' that is how we love our neighbors; we do no harm to them. See Romans 13:10.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder---do not murder/love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment, and you show you love your neighbor.

If you do not harm your neighbor by bearing false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command of the law and you still are loving your neighbor.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? You obeyed all those commands and were doing right by loving your neighbor, you loved your neighbor by not harming him by murdering him; you loved your neighbor by not committing adultery with his wife; you loved your neighbor by not bearing false witness against him, ...BUT THEN, you missed up on one. You did not kill your neighbor, commit adultery with his wife, you did not bear false witness against him...but you stole something from him...YOU HAVE NOW broke one law and stole...AND NOW you are guilty of breaking the whole law of love your neighbor because you hurt him by stealing from him.

God's Truth

The devil made you say that and I throw that back in the devil's face. :)

Paul is the minister of the gospel that Jesus came and taught.

Jesus says a lot of things that we are to do.

You say no, you say there is only one thing and it is to believe; and you say that 'believe' is to be careful not to obey.

We are to believe that we are to obey Jesus!

marhig

Contextual meaning is that Jesus finished the mission that His Father assigned Him to.

He was faithful to His Father until the end. And He succeeded His mission for His Father.

We ought to strive to be faithful to Him until the end like He did.

You've put that really well, that's what I mean when I talk about overcoming, Jesus endured to the end and finished his mission that he was sent to do. That's great :)

Thus he overcame the world and Satan. And in following him we are to keep our faith and endure to the end also, and with God and Christ we can bare what we go through and we are to keep our faith through everything we suffer in this world, and Christ will help those who believe in his teachings, obey his commandments and live by the will of the father. We are to obey God.

I read this about obedience tonight.

Acts 5:32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

So we are only given the Holy Spirit if we obey God.

marhig

And I know it is so hard to be faithful for me because I am so worldly.

But I also know that Jesus wants His followers to do their best to be holy and godly.

With God all things are possible, and we can do anything through Christ if we have faith :)

WatchmanOnTheWall

Paul is the minister of the gospel that Jesus came and taught.

Jesus says a lot of things that we are to do.

You say no, you say there is only one thing and it is to believe; and you say that 'believe' is to be careful not to obey.

We are to believe that we are to obey Jesus!

On the contrary I actually take what Jesus said about the law and that is if you are even angry with your neighbour you in danger of going to Hell:

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgement. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Jesus made it clear that the bar is even higher than most think, in order to get into Heaven. That is another scripture that makes it clear that only with Jesus can anyone get into Heaven. Also trying to accuse me of dismissing the law altogether is satanic in origin. I have never stated that. I actually believe what Jesus said about loving our enemies, not just those we choose to love.

God's Truth

On the contrary I actually take what Jesus said about the law and that is if you are even angry with your neighbour you in danger of going to Hell:

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgement. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Jesus made it clear that the bar is even higher than most think, in order to get into Heaven. That is another scripture that makes it clear that only with Jesus can anyone get into Heaven. Also trying to accuse me of dismissing the law altogether is satanic in origin. I have never stated that. I actually believe what Jesus said about loving our enemies, not just those we choose to love.

I think you are confused and misunderstand me, and more importantly, I think you misunderstand the scriptures.

When I say Jesus says---that means also when Paul speaks.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Wow, I can't believe that people think like this.

And Moses and Elias would not have been on the mountain speaking to Jesus if they were in hell! And that was before Jesus died on the cross! How could you believe such men would be in hell?
I believe they were brought up from Abraham's side (in Hell) and then went back down after this event.
As it says on Ecclesiastes 12, (amazingly in the old testament)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ok I'm off.

Well done you found one verse that might seem to support your position but you can't build a theology on one verse because I could say that it does not state WHEN the spirit returns to God as it could be talking about a time in the future rather than at the moment of death. ;)

Do you have any other verses?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Contextual meaning is that Jesus finished the mission that His Father assigned Him to.

He was faithful to His Father until the end. And He succeeded His mission for His Father.

We ought to strive to be faithful to Him until the end like He did.

Yes He finished His mission and the mission was to die for our sins!:

Mark 15:37
With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

God's Truth

Yes He finished His mission and the mission was to die for our sins!:

Mark 15:37
With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

It is finished and no one has to obey anymore only believe?

It is finished and everything Jesus taught while he had his earthly ministry is useless?

You are badly mistaken.

You should obey Jesus and repent of all the things you learned from false teachers and just study with the Holy Spirit.

marhig

I believe they were brought up from Abraham's side (in Hell) and then went back down after this event.

Well done you found one verse that might seem to support your position but you can't build a theology on one verse because I could say that it does not state WHEN the spirit returns to God as it could be talking about a time in the future rather than at the moment of death. ;)

Do you have any other verses?
Elijah and moses were not in hell, they were with God. They wouldn't be speaking with Jesus on the mountain, if they came from a hell of any kind.

Also, here's some more verses to show that the Spirit was in the prophets in the old testament

Ezekiel 36

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Ezekiel 11

Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the Lord's house, which looketh eastward:

Ezekiel 3

So the spirit lifted me up and took me away, and I went inbitterness, in the heat of my spirit;but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me.

Psalm 139

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence

Psalm 51

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

2 Samuel 23

The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue

1 Samuel 10

And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

Exodus 35

And Moses said unto the children of Israel, See, the LORD hath called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship