What ever happened to...

marhig

I'm reading them correctly and as said you can read about the sins commited by most of those you list.

I notice Adam isn't there nor Elijah and John the Baptist and they were greater still but they also went to Hell. John the Baptist was called the greatest human to live by Jesus but even his faith failed him when in prison.

Although they did go to the Paradise side of Hell, so..
Faith never fails, because God never leaves us if we have true faith in him.

marhig

No, read it from the original Greek: http://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/10-8.htm
Jesus meant ALL whoever came before Him.
Just a thought, if the prophets were thieves and robbers, why did Paul say that that the household of God is built on the foundation of the apostles AND PROPHETS with Jesus Christ being the cornerstone?

Ephesians 2

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and PROPHETS, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

WatchmanOnTheWall

So you're saying that the prophets were thieves and robbers even though the had the Spirit of Christ in them?

No, that was what Jesus called them and what Jesus was saying was that they were steeling away the true path to salvation. which is only found in Christ. And I believe what Jesus said.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Just a thought, if the prophets were thieves and robbers, why did Paul say that that the household of God is built on the foundation of the apostles AND PROPHETS with Jesus Christ being the cornerstone?

Ephesians 2

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and PROPHETS, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Paul was speaking figuratively of course but the Prophets are a vital part of the Body of Christ for so many reasons:

Matthew 22:40
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments:

Matthew 22:36 -40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus here was still quoting from the law however, as these are two of the 613 Old Testament laws found throughout the first five books of the Old Testament, that are known as the Torah:

Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.

And:

Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbour as yourself. I am the LORD.

But they are all still works and without Jesus we can never reap the rewards we work for.

marhig

No, that was what Jesus called them and what Jesus was saying was that they were steeling away the true path to salvation. which is only found in Christ. And I believe what Jesus said.
If Christ was in them then they were preaching the truth. What Jesus did was come and live out the way perfectly, showing the true way and a new and living way. Because all others have sinned, and Many had added on to the truth and they bore a false witness before the people, and I'm not talking about the prophets, they were born of God.

marhig

Paul was speaking figuratively of course but the law is vital for so many things in the Household of God;

Matthew 22:40
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments:

Matthew 22:36 -40
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus here was still quoting from the law however, as these are two of the 613 Old Testament laws found throughout the first five books of the Old Testament, that are known as the Torah:

Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.

And:

Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbour as yourself. I am the LORD.

But they are all still works and without Jesus we can never reap the rewards we work for.

And Moses wrote those books yet you call this strong man of God a thief and a robber?

Many of these men loved God from their hearts and walked with him, and you call them that?

Christ wouldn't be in the hearts of thieves and robbers.

WatchmanOnTheWall

If Christ was in them
No the Spirit of Christ spoke through them at times. This did not save them from their sins though.
then they were preaching the truth.
At that given moment yes.
What Jesus did was come and live out the way perfectly,
Yes He did.
showing the true way and a new and living way.
No, the way to live was known but the law but all failed to live it.
Because all others have sinned, and Many had added on to the truth and they bore a false witness before the people,
Yes ALL sinned and we ALL still do.
and I'm not talking about the prophets, they were born of God.
Mmmm, born of God? Like who? Only Jesus was begotten of the father.

WatchmanOnTheWall

And Moses wrote those books yet you call this strong man of God a thief and a robber?

Many of these men loved God from their hearts and walked with him, and you call them that?

Christ wouldn't be in the hearts of thieves and robbers.

Again it was not me calling them that it was Jesus.

marhig

No the Spirit of Christ spoke through them at times. This did not save them from their sins though. At that given moment yes. Yes He did.No, the way to live was known but the law but all failed to live it. Yes ALL sinned and we ALL still do. Mmmm, born of God? Like who? Only Jesus was begotten of the father.

Christ didn't just speak through them, Christ was their spiritual rock, he was strengthening them.

As for born of God, all those who have the Spirit within, and walk in the Spirit are born of God. And the the prophets were definitely born of God.

If they weren't, then they certainty wouldn't be a part of the foundation to be built on.

I have to go for now, speak soon.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christ didn't just speak through them, Christ was their spiritual rock, he was strengthening them.

As for born of God, all those who have the Spirit within, and walk in the Spirit are born of God. And the the prophets were definitely born of God.

If they weren't, then they certainty wouldn't be a part of the foundation to be built on.

I have to go for now, speak soon.

so true, thank you, sister.

marhig

No the Spirit of Christ spoke through them at times.

Just one more thought before I go, you said here that the Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets, well Jesus said thieves and robbers came before him, but the sheep did not hear them. But the sheep hear the voice of Christ.

If Christ spoke through the prophets then it was his voice speaking, so they are not thieves or robbers, rather they speak the word of God through Christ Jesus who was their spiritual rock.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Try backing that up with a verse? You can't!Again no verse supports that theory. Then you believe demons go to heaven:

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

And for example all those who recognised who God was such as the men of Jericho who fought against Gods people:

Joshua 2
10We have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. 11When we heard of it, our hearts melted in fear and everyone’s courage failed because of you, for the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.

If you’re a jehobo winass I have to block you. Based on your lack of ability to discern truth you’re obviously a jw. The only difference between a jw and an old used VW car is you can still slam the door shut on the jw s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john w

Hall of Fame
As you can see in post #51 [MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] [MENTION=92]The Barbarian[/MENTION] [MENTION=12045]jamie[/MENTION] [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] [MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] won't dare touch it because there lack of Biblical knowledge and week faith won't allow them to explore what the answer might even be for fear that they might find out something is fundamentally wrong with their theologies.

What about you? How is you faith? And what is it based on?

Yes-that is the reason.Thanks for splainin' a few thins to me, Lucy. I don't dare touch it....I shudder....I'm ascared.....

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just one more thought before I go, you said here that the Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets, well Jesus said thieves and robbers came before him, but the sheep did not hear them. But the sheep hear the voice of Christ.

If Christ spoke through the prophets then it was his voice speaking, so they are not thieves or robbers, rather they speak the word of God through Christ Jesus who was their spiritual rock.

You know Jesus' love so well.

you are so blessed.:)

God's Truth

Isaiah 55:9
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

You think you can work your way to heaven, that is not the Gospel. Your feeling are your religion. All went to Hell without Jesus. Your works are period stains to my God. Yuk:

5708. ed ►
Strong's Concordance
ed: filthy
Original Word: עִדִּים
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: ed
Phonetic Spelling: (ayd)
Short Definition: filthy
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
see edah.
Brown-Driver-Briggs
[עִדָּה] noun feminine menstruation, so Vrss (properly time, period)

Lk 16:23 In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.