What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
If you had kept up with what was being discussed, you would have noted it was Hasan_ibn_Sabah I was refering to.

I know.

So, who isn't a christian that claims to be?
I think you should at least name who you are talking about, and speaking for, so that they can defend themselves.

Pepper

Nineveh said:
You would be wrong, as evidenced in post 844.

What about the posts before that and post 848, where you were discussing whether or not Frued and Jung were in hell? Wouldn't that be evidence that I'm right?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Aw, come on Nin, Spiritism????

:chuckle:

This is about a man who wrote in "The Secret of the Golden Flower"...

'I restrict myself to what can be psychically experienced and repudiate the metaphysical.'

(BTW, by "psychically", Jung was referring to processes of the psyche, not ESP)

Virtually all of the Christian references to Jung as a spiritist appear to depend on a single book "The Jung Cult- Origins of a Charismatic Movement" by Richard Noll. This is the same Richard Noll that wrote an Op-ed piece in the NYT trying to link Jung's teachings to a Swiss messianic suicide cult in the mid 1990's - an unfortunately wacko move that caused Princeton University to cancel his publishing contract...

Noll essentially claims that Jung sought to "overthrow the Catholic Church" and create some sort of New Age mystery religion with himself as high priest or "The Aryan Christ" (the title of Noll's other book about Jung)...

That said, I think your primary source is just a wee bit biased as well as not really understanding the European culture in which Jung lived.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
It's really unfortunate how Christianity is a beautiful religion, and the noisiest few have managed to turn it into a judgemental condemnation that surpasses even the Pharisees.
This is just not true. TOL is not representative of Christian behavior. It's a namless, faceless, impersonal arena for the sport of one-upmanship. If YOU are letting the noisiest few influence you in any way, you should be ashamed.

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Zakath said:
Why would you think that Jung was a Christian? I don't recall reading or hearing him mention being one...

I didn't say Jung was a Christian,I said Jung was an Evangelical and I said Jung's father was a minister in the Swiss Reformed Evangelical Church, as were his uncles and Jung himself remained a member of that Church throughout his entire life - whether Jung was a Christian or not is up to speculation but what is not up to speculation is Jung's membership in the Swiss Reformed Evangelical Church

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:

Didn't look that way.

So, who isn't a christian that claims to be?
I think you should at least name who you are talking about, and speaking for, so that they can defend themselves.

Why does it rely on me to catch you up with what's going on?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Zakath said:
Aw, come on Nin, Spiritism????

:chuckle:

This is about a man who wrote in "The Secret of the Golden Flower"...

'I restrict myself to what can be psychically experienced and repudiate the metaphysical.'

(BTW, by "psychically", Jung was referring to processes of the psyche, not ESP)

Virtually all of the Christian references to Jung as a spiritist appear to depend on a single book "The Jung Cult- Origins of a Charismatic Movement" by Richard Noll. This is the same Richard Noll that wrote an Op-ed piece in the NYT trying to link Jung's teachings to a Swiss messianic suicide cult in the mid 1990's - an unfortunately wacko move that caused Princeton University to cancel his publishing contract...

Noll essentially claims that Jung sought to "overthrow the Catholic Church" and create some sort of New Age mystery religion with himself as high priest or "The Aryan Christ" (the title of Noll's other book about Jung)...

That said, I think your primary source is just a wee bit biased as well as not really understanding the European culture in which Jung lived.

I imagine, since you took how long to look through how many links?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Pepper said:
What about the posts before that and post 848, where you were discussing whether or not Frued and Jung were in hell? Wouldn't that be evidence that I'm right?

Try 844 now.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
I imagine, since you took how long to look through how many links?
... after about the first half dozen, they start repeating themselves... so your point would be?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Considering Zak is a student of the psyche I'd imagine he'd be better informed re Jung than any of us...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
I guess I can't expect you to look any farther than what you wanna see.
Projecting your own shortcomings on others again, eh Nin?

Did you actually read either of Noll's books?

I did. :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I like to expose the hatred.
Things can be learned.

I also like others to understand that there are brands of christianity that are bitter, evil, that delight in sending people to hell, and they should be aware, and be-ware.

BULLonee!

You like the attention. Plain and simple.

beanieboy

Poly said:
BULLonee!

You like the attention. Plain and simple.

So, you complain that I like the attention, although you are the one starting the thread.

Interesting conclusion you came to. :chew:

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Zakath said:

I read Aryan Christ,in regards to the author talk about someone needing psychothepary - stuff was pure fantasy.

You have to understand many Fundamentalist Christians are like Scientologist (we have recently seen a Mr Cruise demeaning psychiatry) and beleive the mental health sciences are voodoo or occult or pseudo-science - I wonder were this stems from? maybe fear of exposure.

beanieboy

I think we need to give Poly some attention. Everyone needs it from time to time.

I love the movie Airplane. It's one of my favorite movies.
I'm glad to see that we both appreciate the silly humor in it.

On Fire

granite1010 said:
Considering Zak is a student of the psyche I'd imagine he'd be better informed re Jung than any of us...
For the love of......get your nose out of :zakath:'s butt. You've been groveling at his feet all day.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Zakath said:

Funny, it's you that wants to focus on a certain book. : shrug :

Status
Not open for further replies.