What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

What disgusts you the most about beanieboy?

• He's a homo.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • He's a hypocrite.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • He uses the bible(something he claims not to believe in) to tell Christians how they should live.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • He claims not to need Christ in order to be loved by God.

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jung studied and was interested in the occult. This is hardly the same thing as PRACTICING magic.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
Um, if I recall, I couldn't even get any names of those 30+ gods to google, at least from allsmiles. But heads up! I even did the search for zakath.
Very kind of you, and I retract my comment. But if what granite says is correct, unsubstantiated your claim remains.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
granite1010 said:
Jung studied and was interested in the occult. This is hardly the same thing as PRACTICING magic.

Whatever you wanna think. But that still doesn't prove him to be a Christian either. Or were you aware that was what this convo was about?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
Very kind of you, and I retract my comment. But if what granite says is correct, unsubstantiated your claim remains.

Or...

You could take the time to read some of those links for yourself instead of relying on granite's opinion.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Whatever you wanna think. But that still doesn't prove him to be a Christian either. Or were you aware that was what this convo was about?

Jung was no Christian and those who think or claim otherwise are very mistaken. If you had a clue about the man you'd be aware of his study of the occult but he was no occultist. If you can't see the difference you're simply ignorant.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
Or...

You could take the time to read some of those links for yourself instead of relying on granite's opinion.
Granite has always been a faster reader than I. I have no problem taking his word for it, but in fairness to you, my friend. I'll give it a look.

Caledvwlch

It seems to me that Jung "studied" Christianity the same way he "studied" the occult. Who thinks he was a Christian?

intro2faith

Nineveh said:
"Well, let's just hope for the best, and hope that he's in Heaven."

How does this serve God?
I was meaning, let's hope that he accepted Christ sometime before he died. You never know what happens in those few minutes before death.

Sorry, I should have worded my post before better. :)

Pepper

I believe the whole thing was started when you were arguing over whether frued was in heaven or hell....what is all this going on anyway? This is the worst debate I've ever seen to tell the truth, no one even knows what side their on or what they're fighting for. Quite amusing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Pepper said:
I believe the whole thing was started when you were arguing over whether frued was in heaven or hell....what is all this going on anyway? This is the worst debate I've ever seen to tell the truth, no one even knows what side their on or what they're fighting for. Quite amusing.

What makes it worse is those who've scanned a website or two, then walk away thinking they "know about Jung."

Jung's work is slim and very, VERY readable. His books are readily available and Nineveh and others could benefit from picking them up. Even a dyed in the wool Christian would find them interesting reading.

Pepper

granite1010 said:
What makes it worse is those who've scanned a website or two, then walk away thinking they "know about Jung."

Jung's work is slim and very, VERY readable. His books are readily available and Nineveh and others could benefit from picking them up. Even a dyed in the wool Christian would find them interesting reading.

All I know about Jung I learned in Intro Psych.

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
From what I gather form him/her... s/he is about the only real Christian on TOL.

While he evaluated Christianity, I think he likened it to myths that help people better understand the world, as he felt all religions do, and that the idea of Supreme Beings is a univeral idea (collective consciousness).

What troubles me is your statement above. I wonder what the rest of the professed Christians have to say about not being called a real Christian by you.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
Personally, I take joy in helping to hijack this loathesome, deplorable thread.
Funny how those who have the most problem with this thread are the ones, including beanieboy, who keep bumping it up making sure it stays alive and well.

Caledvwlch

Poly said:
Funny how those who have the most problem with this thread are the ones, including beanieboy, who keep bumping it up making sure it stays alive and well.
Sometimes it's good to make sure people remember the offenses and atrocities.

P.S. Love your signature, by the way.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
While he evaluated Christianity, I think he likened it to myths that help people better understand the world, as he felt all religions do, and that the idea of Supreme Beings is a univeral idea (collective consciousness).

What troubles me is your statement above. I wonder what the rest of the professed Christians have to say about not being called a real Christian by you.

If you had kept up with what was being discussed, you would have noted it was Hasan_ibn_Sabah I was refering to.

beanieboy

Poly said:

I like to expose the hatred.
Things can be learned.

I also like others to understand that there are brands of christianity that are bitter, evil, that delight in sending people to hell, and they should be aware, and be-ware.

That's why people cringe when someone says "I'm Christian."
It's really unfortunate how Christianity is a beautiful religion, and the noisiest few have managed to turn it into a judgemental condemnation that surpasses even the Pharisees.

Status
Not open for further replies.