ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

God's Truth

born again = resurrection as in Ezeliel 37! It has nothing to do with anyone today! Those who are saved into the BoC (in Christ) are a new creature! 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I CAN HARDY BELIEVE THAT YOU SAID THAT!

I can hardly believe that you said being born again has nothing to do with today!

Jesus' words stand forever.

Jesus says you must be born again.

Being born again MEANS YOU ARE A NEW CREATURE.

Being born again means you have started all over with no sins.

It means your sins are washed away and you have a new life without sins.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The gospel of Christ is about Jesus dying for the sins THAT WE CONFESSED AND REPENTED FROM DOING!

Christ died for the sins of the entire world. However, in order to
have our sins forgiven and gain eternal life, we must hear the
Grace Message, place our faith in Christ, be indwelt, sealed, and
baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ, by the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

What does Paul have to say about obeying? And, what does he say to obey?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

In order to gain eternal life, you must do as I posted above. In those
verses you gave me, Paul is speaking to those who are already saved.

God's Truth

What does Paul have to say about obeying? And, what does he say to obey?

Romans 15:18 I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done—

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him—

God's Truth

In order to gain eternal life, you must do as I posted above. In those
verses you gave me, Paul is speaking to those who are already saved.

Romans 2:3
So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Romans 15:18 I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done—

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him—

Tell us WHAT Paul says to obey? Tell us everything?

God's Truth

My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, Galatians 4:19.

The Galatians needed Paul to go through again what he had already done with them before, and that is form Christ in them again. They had fallen away from Christ.

God's Truth

Tell us WHAT Paul says to obey? Tell us everything?

2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

1 Corinthians 4:14 I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Acts 10:47
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

This is about being washed, as was the symbolic of the tribes. Now, we have in Acts, clearly stated, "Can any man forbid water". The custom is not in conflict with receiving the Holy Spirit.

The Jews would water baptize, yet there is no command, we must be baptized by water, it only asserts there is no conflict doing so. It would be the same, as stating circumcision and kosher foods are permitted, but not mandatory.

Jews who do not receive, will face tribulation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

1 Corinthians 4:14 I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children.

You're avoiding the questions?

turbosixx

Please explain the greater significance of being baptized "with", or "in" the Holy Spirit to help me understand your posture, T6, if you will? How is this significant to you?
kayaker

I appreciate your challenging my views. It seems when I challenge others I get attacked in return. Maybe I need to work on my delivery. :)

I understand baptism “with” the Holy Spirit to be the outpouring of the Spirit, or if I understand you correctly, the 20-gig download. I am only aware of two instances where the bible says people were baptized with the Holy Spirit. In each case, they received the full measure. There are other terms for us receiving the Holy Spirit which I understand to be measured as needed. In my opinion, if we are to understand baptism whether it be water or Spiritual, we need to let the bible tell us it’s Holy Spirit baptism without reading into it. I would suggest the default is water. For example,
Acts 18:8 Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Many would say these were Holy Spirit baptized. Looking at the verse it doesn’t tell us water or Spirit. What type do you understand this to be?

The problem I have with most people is not in what the bible says, but what it doesn’t say.

I'm not aware of anyone being baptized "with" the Holy Spirit other than the two instances I mentioned. If there is another, please let me know.