ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

God's Truth

Paul, you, me, and every single saved person in the world will die a sinner, albeit forgiven because of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

There is only ONE person in the whole world that was not a sinner and that was Jesus Christ.

If you are a sinner you are in rebellion to God.

Interplanner

Paul, you, me, and every single saved person in the world will die a sinner, albeit forgiven because of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

There is only ONE person in the whole world that was not a sinner and that was Jesus Christ.

That prize was not justification. If you all keep mixing doctrine or statements about justification and transformation, you will continue to be confused.

God's Truth

That prize was not justification. If you all keep mixing doctrine or statements about justification and transformation, you will continue to be confused.

Those who have faith that Jesus' blood cleans them are the ones justified and cleaned, after they repent of their sins.

Then they continue to live their new, born again life through the Spirit.

We live through the Spirit by obeying Jesus' commands; and that is how Jesus lives through us.

turbosixx

Does water removes dirt from our flesh? Yes.

What did Peter say? Peter said, "not the removal of dirt from the flesh" = NOT water baptized.

I'm just trying to help. I would suggest to you that are reading into it what you want it to say and not what it’s actually saying. In between the hyphens describes what baptism does. Peter is telling us when we get baptized it’s not to clean the flesh but to make an appeal to God.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Is Paul suggesting water baptism in this passage?
1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

turbosixx

The salvation is THROUGH because of SOMETHING.

20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through (because of) the water. 21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-

RBBI

Water baptism is symbolic of being baptized into His death/grave, a laying down of your life willingly. Spirit baptism with the evidence of speaking in other tongues, is being baptized into His life/resurrection power, a picking up of it again.

He said I lay it down (water baptism) and I pick it up again (Spirit baptism). Both require an action, the action of faith mixed with obedience. He also said to John who protested baptizing Jesus, that it (John baptizing Jesus) was necessary to fulfill ALL righteousness.

One speaks of the works of the flesh which only lead to death, the other speaks of the works of the Spirit, which is why it says the Holy Ghost does the works, and those works are the utilization of the gifts of the Spirit operating through a believer.

Both are needed to fulfill all righteousness, which is why it says faith without works is dead, and works without faith is dead.

Letsargue

Hi to all and there still must confusion as to what Acs 2:38 really means !! Many believe that it is water Baptism , when it is not and why they are to Repent , and believe it is for today .

It is not for the Body of Christ , period !!

The context is to the House of Israel , verse 36 know , this Jesus Whom you have CRUCIFIED !!

Peter's words Pierced through there hearts !!\\

Verse 38 reads , And Peter declared to them , CHANGE your mind and let each of you be BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus Christ for ( the ) forgiveness of Sins , and ye Shall Receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit !!

#1 , They were given the opportunity to Repent !!

#2 , Repent of the Crucifixion of Jesus !!

#3 This means when Peter used the verb " said " it was in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE and that means they were given a the opportunity to repent during that ONLY ONCE and Never AGAIN >

#4 And the last of the fourth verb " ye shall receive , LAMBANO is in the FUTURE TENSE as Israel REFUSED to repent and be Healed !!

#5 , This means that the Future Tense that Israel will never be healed UNTIL the end of the Great Tribulation Matt 24:27-31 and Ezek 36:24-38 !!

#6 So for today Acts 2:38 and Pentecost are OVER until the time of the Gentiles be come oin , Rom 11:25 and then God will again deal with Israel !!

Water Baptism is Over !!

dan p

Galatians 3:1 KJV -- 1- "O foolish (( "GALATIANS" )), who hath bewitched YOU, that ye should not OBEY THAT TRUTH, ((( "Before whose eyes" Jesus Christ hath been "Evidently" -(( FAITH is the Evidence ))- set forth, ((( Crucified Among "YOU" )))?????? --//---

IF You have ever heard The GOSPEL, Then YOU WERE PUT AT The Crucifixion BY the Gospel!!! -- The Gospel was preached to Every One during Paul!! ----- ((( Colossians 1:23 KJV ))) -- 23- "If ye continue in the Faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the ( hope of the Gospel ), which ( ye have heard ), and (( which was preached to every creature which is under Heaven )); whereof I Paul am made a minister". --//---

Everyone is Guilty of Killing Jesus, Not Just the Jews AND THE ( "GALATIANS" ), Who were also Gentiles!!!!!

Read the Book! You are WRONG!!! -- But Who CARES???

((( Watch YOUR N-E-W-S )))!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615

turbosixx

There, see it, you said so yourself. Conversions end in water baptism.

Conversions do not begin in water baptism, it END in water baptism.

The eunuch was already saved before he got wet.
Not the other way around.

The water did not save the eunuch, the eunuch was saved because the eunuch believed the salvation that Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary affords.

What I mean by end is, that completes the conversion placing us in Christ. If baptism doesn't put us in Christ, then why is it the last thing done when someone is converted?

41So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

13 Even Simon himself believed; and after being baptized, he continued on with Philip,

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he got up and was baptized; 19 and he took food and was strengthened.

15 And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay." And she prevailed upon us.

31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." 32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

The last thing these people did in obedience to the gospel was baptism. That agrees with what Jesus said.

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Letsargue

I agree when need to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved, but is 1 Pt. 3:21 telling us that water baptism or baptism of the Holy Spirit saves?

I'm trying to show you that you really don't believe what it says.

It's Obvious - God just Commands Everyone to ( "BE" ) Baptized / Water.
It is also obvious that most so called "christians" Cannot believe much of what God says.

You are Right Here.

There is only "ONE" Baptism, therefore; - Baptism in water is the carnal sense, THE Same Baptism of the Spiritual sense that puts one IN the Body of Christ; IF One obeys what God says about the Water. -- Every "Single thing" of God has both; the Carnal Sense, AND A Spiritual Sense. -- Therefore: "EVERYTHING" has a Carnal Sense AND A Spiritual Sense, - Heaven and Earth!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615

turbosixx

It's Obvious - God just Commands Everyone to ( "BE" ) Baptized / Water.
It is also obvious that most so called "christians" Cannot believe much of what God says.

You are Right Here.

There is only "ONE" Baptism, therefore; - Baptism in water is the carnal sense, THE Same Baptism of the Spiritual sense that puts one IN the Body of Christ; IF One obeys what God says about the Water. -- Every "Single thing" of God has both; the Carnal Sense, AND A Spiritual Sense. -- Therefore: "EVERYTHING" has a Carnal Sense AND A Spiritual Sense, - Heaven and Earth!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615

Well put.

lifeisgood

I'm just trying to help. I would suggest to you that are reading into it what you want it to say and not what it’s actually saying. In between the hyphens describes what baptism does. Peter is telling us when we get baptized it’s not to clean the flesh but to make an appeal to God.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

You will not find one person in OT times that was water baptized and then saved.

All who are saved must be 'baptized' first and then to show that completed salvation they desire to be 'water baptized'.

Was Abraham saved? Absolutely, a resounding yes.
Was Abraham water baptized? No.

1 Cor. 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Paul is saying that salvation comes from above, from heaven, from God not that salvation comes from water.

They were all UNDER the cloud.
They all passed THROUGH the sea.
They were 'baptized' INTO MOSES.
TRANSLATION: Paul is saying that they believed what Moses told them and that that belief saved them, meaning, they followed the instructions of Moses.

When you read the Bible, you do make a distinction between 'baptized' and 'water baptize' do you not.

Yes, Abraham was 'baptized'.
No, Abraham was not 'water baptized'.

Not one Israelite going through the red sea was water baptized.
Not one solitary one. Not one of them got wet.
However, they were saved through the water, i.e., God provided the way for their salvation --- God parted the water so that they would not get wet.

Now, all the Egyptians were water baptized and were lost.

Getting wet does not save any one.
Being BAPTIZED in Christ saves one.

lifeisgood

20 who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through (because of) the water. 21 Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-

And God continues to be so patient with us.
Praise be to His holy name.

The eight who entered the ark were not water baptized, but they were baptized and saved.

The eight were brought safely through the water BECAUSE they entered the ark.
They accepted the salvation of God.

Had the eight not entered the ark (not accepted God's plan of salvation) they would have been water baptized and lost.

Praise God they were baptized or you and I would not be here today.

lifeisgood

What I mean by end is, that completes the conversion placing us in Christ. If baptism doesn't put us in Christ, then why is it the last thing done when someone is converted?

Spoiler
41So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

13 Even Simon himself believed; and after being baptized, he continued on with Philip,

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he got up and was baptized; 19 and he took food and was strengthened.

15 And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay." And she prevailed upon us.

31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." 32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

When we say that we have to be 'water baptized' to complete being placed in Christ, we are saying that Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary was not a complete work and was not enough to save.

The last thing these people did in obedience to the gospel was baptism. That agrees with what Jesus said.

Spoiler
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

First, they were baptized into Christ.
Then they were water baptized to show they had been baptized into Christ already.

Interplanner

When we say that we have to be 'water baptized' to complete being placed in Christ, we are saying that Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary was not a complete work and was not enough to save.

First, they were baptized into Christ.
Then they were water baptized to show they had been baptized into Christ already.

Those people were also part of 1st century AD Judaism, where that was a practice! There should be, and probably is, something more sharper in meaning to say 'I make a commitment to honor Christ' today to a public. Or maybe there is not and it just doesn't matter, because our public today is not that of a social context raised in Judaism.

To really compare apples, you have to find places like the response to Paul in Acts 17 or 14 where the message was strictly to non-Jews and remote from Israel. And even then, it is not human response that is all determinative.

We are saved by works: Christ's! When that truly sinks in, there won't be any fuss over Acts 2:28 which was the last thing on Peter's mind.

Letsargue

You will not find one person in OT times that was water baptized and then saved.

All who are saved must be 'baptized' first and then to show that completed salvation they desire to be 'water baptized'.

Was Abraham saved? Absolutely, a resounding yes.
Was Abraham water baptized? No.

Paul is saying that salvation comes from above, from heaven, from God not that salvation comes from water.

They were all UNDER the cloud.
They all passed THROUGH the sea.
They were 'baptized' INTO MOSES.
TRANSLATION: Paul is saying that they believed what Moses told them and that that belief saved them, meaning, they followed the instructions of Moses.

When you read the Bible, you do make a distinction between 'baptized' and 'water baptize' do you not.

Yes, Abraham was 'baptized'.
No, Abraham was not 'water baptized'.

Not one Israelite going through the red sea was water baptized.
Not one solitary one. Not one of them got wet.
However, they were saved through the water, i.e., God provided the way for their salvation --- God parted the water so that they would not get wet.

Now, all the Egyptians were water baptized and were lost.

Getting wet does not save any one.
Being BAPTIZED in Christ saves one.

OOOOHHHH MYYY!!!!!!!!!

The Whole World was "Baptized" at the FLOOD of Noah!! - And ONLY Those in the "GROUP" / "CHURCH" // "ARK" /// The ONLY "Heaven" at that "TIME"; WERE SAVED!!!!!

That was called the "First RAIN", // and Christ Pouring out His "Spirit" upon ALL Flesh is Called the "Latter RAIN".

I Know!! - You don't HAVE To Believe that, SOO I don't Care!!!

(( Watch Your N-E-W-S ))!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615

Last edited:

Letsargue

Born again is mentioned in John 3:7. It states:
"Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be
born again." Matthew through John are
pertaining to the House of Israel, not to the
Gentiles. We are saved by God's Grace, through
our faith.

((( "YES" )))!!! - "Through OUR FAITH" IN Every Word Christ has said!!!
AND Christ Said to "( BE )" Baptized and WASH AWAY Your SINS". One is SAVE If he Has NO SIN!!! -- WOOOWWWW!!!!

Now SPIT ON ME Again in my Reputation place!!!!

((( Watch Y-O-U-R -- N-E-W-S!!!! )))!!!!!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615!!!!!!!!

According to the BIBLE; What's the difference between Born Again, and Resurrected!!!!!!! --- (((( "C.M." ))))???????

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615!!!

There You GO "G.M."!! -- That's the WAY TO (( "SPIT" )) on Me in my Reputation Place; That's all You can do to me, is SPIT!!! -- REAL "CHRISTIAN"!!!????

PAUL, DAVID -- 090615!!!

Last edited:

God's Truth

Those are all symbols like water baptism now.

God's Truth

There is a difference between being a sinner and committing sin.
One I have no power over it at all, the other I do.

What you say is not from the scriptures. Think about it.

If you call yourself a sinner then you are calling yourself an enemy of God.