Well? We're Waiting...........

Tattooed Theist

sorry dude - if you post something goofy in a drunken stupor, don't be surprised if people call you on it :darwinsm:

You ignored the entire post to make a childish insult? :yawn:

I'll have to remember that you aren't capable of even an average conversation.

Take care, buddy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You ignored the entire post to make a childish insult? :yawn:

I'll have to remember that you aren't capable of even an average conversation.

Take care, buddy.

nope - had to run out for an appointment

now, as to your whining about semantics - you said that you'd "much rather have a beer with a gay dude"

then you implied that Jesus "spent time with" adulterers, so naturally i thought that you had some scriptural evidence that Jesus spent time chillaxin' with adulterers, tossing back a brewski or two

instead, you come up with John 8

which is a good scripture, but is, all too often, misinterpreted by bleeding heart libs

the key to understanding John 8 is the last five words Jesus spoke to the woman taken in adultery

I'm happy to see that you included them, but dismayed to see that you ignored them and instead, chose to focus on the "neither do i" part, as do so many of the foolish

if you want to understand the "go and sin no more" part better, you have to cross reference with Matthew 5:18 :)

here's a handy hint: "go and sin no more" does not mean "go and sin all you like - i gotcha covered!"

ok doser

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
then you implied that Jesus "spent time with" adulterers, so naturally i thought that you had some scriptural evidence that Jesus spent time chillaxin' with adulterers, tossing back a brewski or two

TT should have used the word "sinners" :

Mark 2:13-17New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners
13*Once again Jesus went out beside the lake. A large crowd came to him, and he began to teach them. 14*As he walked along, he saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” Jesus told him, and Levi got up and followed him.
15*While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16*When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
17*On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Your Presidential candidate Donald Trump is in desperate need of a spiritual doctor res.

Tattooed Theist

nope - had to run out for an appointment

now, as to your whining about semantics - you said that you'd "much rather have a beer with a gay dude"

instead, you come up with John 8

which is a good scripture, but is, all too often, misinterpreted by bleeding heart libs

the key to understanding John 8 is the last five words Jesus spoke to the woman taken in adultery

I'm happy to see that you included them, but dismayed to see that you ignored them and instead, chose to focus on the "neither do i" part, as do so many of the foolish

if you want to understand the "go and sin no more" part better, you have to cross reference with Matthew 5:18 :)

here's a handy hint: "go and sin no more" does not mean "go and sin all you like - i gotcha covered!"

All of that, is only relevant, if you assume I believe in continuing in sin.
Which I don't.

You also took the phrase "spending time," which I was absolutely correct in using, for spending time, means time spent, regardless of time span, and you decide to make it mean "chillaxin?"
Sorry, but you cannot reassign my words to mean what you wish.

Furthermore, an adulterer is someone who has or is committing that sin.
So if they are not continuing in sin, why would I not drink with them?
And even if they are, are we not to minister to those in sin?
Please provide scripture that commands us to not be around sinners or to minister to lost souls.

Thank you.

ok doser

All of that, is only relevant, if you assume I believe in continuing in sin.
Which I don't.

You also took the phrase "spending time," which I was absolutely correct in using, for spending time, means time spent, regardless of time span, and you decide to make it mean "chillaxin?"
Sorry, but you cannot reassign my words to mean what you wish.

Furthermore, an adulterer is someone who has or is committing that sin.
So if they are not continuing in sin, why would I not drink with them?
And even if they are, are we not to minister to those in sin?
Please provide scripture that commands us to not be around sinners or to minister to lost souls.

Thank you.

i see you're still ignoring the meaning of "go and sin no more"

and i had such high hopes for you :(

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're a special kind of disgusting disgrace to faith.
Have you ever read the New Testament?

I don's support gay marriage,
but I'd much rather have a beer with a gay dude than a hateful, ignorant guy like yourself :thumb:
Anytime either of you have had a beer with someone else, you have had a beer with a sinner.

Okdoser chooses which sinners he wants to drink with, and so do you.
As we all do.

ok doser

Anytime either of you have had a beer with someone else, you have had a beer with a sinner.

As we all do.

i choose to drink with sinners who recognize that they are sinners and don't try to get society to accept their sin as "normal"

Tattooed Theist

As we all do.

Exactly, that's my point.
I don't pick and choose which sinners I "eat with." If that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
i choose to drink with sinners who recognize that they are sinners and don't try to get society to accept their sin as "normal"

Non-drinkers are the abnormal ones :chuckle:

The new age simply adopted Puritanism, and there is nothing normal about Puritanism :AMR: