ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, the contradiction is there without the two gospels. The two gospels resolves the contradictions while maintaining the plain meaning of the various texts involved.

The alternative is to pick and choose which passages you take to mean what they say and which you "interpret" in light of the other texts.

Baptists, for example, take Paul at his word and interpret Peter, James and John in light of Paul.

The Church of Christ does the opposite.

Other denominations usually fall somewhere in-between but its only a matter of degree.

It is Mid Acts Dispensationalists and ONLY Mid Acts Dispensationalists who take both the Pauline Epistles and the whole rest of the New Testament to mean what it plainly states. I have no need to interpret James 2! I simply read it and take it to mean what it says. "Faith without works is dead.". That's what it says and that's exactly what it means. I also take Romans 4 to mean precisely what it says when it states the exact opposite of what James says. It is the context which Mid Acts Dispensationalism provides that clears up the obvious and undeniable contradiction that exists outside a Mid Acts Dispensational paradigm.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Perfect, Excellent post. I recommend this post to be the "POST OF THE DAY."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That's just it. You think there are two gospels and a contradiction because of that! It's nonsense! There is no 2P2P. There are not 2 Gospels. It always was one message to mankind in Christ! You are validating an unnecessary intellectual barrier to the coherent message that is there!

Clete was 100% right on the money. You're 100% wrong!

Interplanner

No, the contradiction is there without the two gospels. The two gospels resolves the contradictions while maintaining the plain meaning of the various texts involved.

The alternative is to pick and choose which passages you take to mean what they say and which you "interpret" in light of the other texts.

Baptists, for example, take Paul at his word and interpret Peter, James and John in light of Paul.

The Church of Christ does the opposite.

Other denominations usually fall somewhere in-between but its only a matter of degree.

It is Mid Acts Dispensationalists and ONLY Mid Acts Dispensationalists who take both the Pauline Epistles and the whole rest of the New Testament to mean what it plainly states. I have no need to interpret James 2! I simply read it and take it to mean what it says. "Faith without works is dead.". That's what it says and that's exactly what it means. I also take Romans 4 to mean precisely what it says when it states the exact opposite of what James says. It is the context which Mid Acts Dispensationalism provides that clears up the obvious and undeniable contradiction that exists outside a Mid Acts Dispensational paradigm.

Resting in Him,
Clete

You need to talk to more non-Christians. That is about the last contradiction in mind, if they ever get there. It is not all the domain of MAD to have 'resolved' this. It was resolved long ago, in fact, if you know what you are talking about they are not exactly on the same topic.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

You are taking the wrong side, GM.

Interplanner is 100% correct. There is only one Gospel message from God that calls sinners to salvation in Jesus Christ. And there are zero contradictions in the Word of God.

And no matter how many posts of denial you and your MAD friends put up, you will not and cannot change this Godly Truth.

Interplanner

A forum is not for being redundant about positions but to be creative with reasons. The issue he thinks was an issue was resolved years earlier.

So now today I have learned, 1: that Danoh does refer to all kinds of 'other books' and 2: the great solution of MAD is about James 2 on dead faith. Whup te doo. Like I thought, it worthless and amateur.

The NT resolution of 2P2P is that the resurrection of Christ is the fulfillment of all promises to Israel so that all mankind may received justification from their debt of sin. It is beautiful. There always was just one people, and one Gospel. Judaism tried to void and switch the promise, but God straightened that out through the apostles, Gal 3:17.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A forum is not for being redundant about positions but to be creative with reasons. The issue he thinks was an issue was resolved years earlier.

So now today I have learned, 1: that Danoh does refer to all kinds of 'other books' and 2: the great solution of MAD is about James 2 on dead faith. Whup te doo. Like I thought, it worthless and amateur.

The NT resolution of 2P2P is that the resurrection of Christ is the fulfillment of all promises to Israel so that all mankind may received justification from their debt of sin. It is beautiful. There always was just one people, and one Gospel. Judaism tried to void and switch the promise, but God straightened that out through the apostles, Gal 3:17.

Obviously, your #1 problem is, your inability to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are taking the wrong side, GM.

Interplanner is 100% correct. There is only one Gospel message from God that calls sinners to salvation in Jesus Christ. And there are zero contradictions in the Word of God.

And no matter how many posts of denial you and your MAD friends put up, you will not and cannot change this Godly Truth.

You are 100% incorrect as well. Together with Interplanetary, you are 200% percent wrong.

Interplanner

"Rightly divide" has nothing to do with hermeneutics. It was borrowed by D'ists, but is about church admin. go see the context.

State exactly what is wrong with the passage just used or shut up. There is no point in repeating what I already know about you unless you explain. Make the conversation step forward, OK?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Obviously, your #1 problem is, your inability to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God.

To "rightly divide" the Word of God, is to carefully read it, exegete it, and compare scripture with scripture to come to Truth.

It does not mean you divvy up the bible and read only what fits your presuppositions. There are severe warnings in scripture against what you practice. (Rev. 22:18-19; Deut. 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:6))

Interplanner

To "rightly divide" the Word of God, is to carefully read it, exegete it, and compare scripture with scripture to come to Truth.

It does not mean you divvy up the bible and read only what fits your presuppositions. There are severe warnings in scripture against what you practice. (Rev. 22:18-19; Deut. 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:6))

Thx Nang, but may I add: use the existing self-organizing passages of the NT about the whole Bible. Rom 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 15, Gal 3, 4, 2 Cor 3-5, Acts 13, 26, Heb 8-10. The organizing ideas of the Bible ARE ALREADY RIGHT THERE.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

And, of course, as usual, you're wrong. I would expect nothing else from you.