ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

Interplanner

Nope - Peter's understanding in Acts 15 was in light of the Lord's further word to him, James, and John, through Paul, Gal. 2.

Signs having been the corroborating witness.

You are completely clueless as to what actually took place in Acts 10 and Acts 15.

The key is in Galatians 2 in light of Romans 1:18-3:30.

Both of which are they very basis for what Paul had had to reiterate to Peter at the time of Peter's stumble in that Antioch incident.

:doh:

If he did understand Paul in Gal 2, which was 15 years later, he would have said God raised me up to speak to the Jews...

You've slapped your head so many times, I believe there is brain damage.

Danoh

Well, if you are going to dismiss that, then we're done with MAD. Because all substantial chapters in apostles letters (ie non-Acts) don't concern themselves with it. Both Peter and Paul were 'sent' one direction or another, and both made considerable exceptions to that sending. In Peter's case, it was enough to mention it at the counsel--that the Gentiles were supposed to hear the Gospel from him.

I doubt you are "done with MAD."

It IS your VERY obssession on TOL :chuckle:

Interplanner

Danoh,
you think you are saying something when you do this:

The key is in Galatians 2 in light of Romans 1:18-3:30.

It sounds like this: kkennd doofnnml,e,,,enf dkkfjjwlliihj fkd bwple fkdkkw

Ie, you go from too little communication to too much, neither of which is productive.

Danoh

Paul was not sent until Acts ch 13 and Barnabus who was saved before Paul was sent with him.

Paul received His ministry after he was found to be faithful along with his brethren in Antioch.

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
1Ti 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

Paul was raised up the same as the first of the church was as given in Acts ch 2.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

You do not like the truth do you.

LA

You're wrong again - give them man one of those blow up cigars :chuckle:

Interplanner

Let us know when you've begun refuting it :crackup:

How does any MAD knowledge help the modern person understand justification in Christ for his sins? What is the problem being solved? what is the necessity? I have been asking for 2 years and got mostly personal criticism and names.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There was no transition.

The truth was known by all of the Apostles and they all preached it to both Jews and Gentiles as Paul began to do.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

LA

They say: "Ignorance is bliss." That makes YOU the happiest person on earth.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How does any MAD knowledge help the modern person understand justification in Christ for his sins? What is the problem being solved? what is the necessity? I have been asking for 2 years and got mostly personal criticism and names.

How about understanding the New Testament, which is full up to any reader's eyeballs with contradictions without a proper understanding of who Paul is and what his gospel is and how it differs from that of the Kingdom Gospel which Jesus and the Twelve preached?

"I pray that your love may grow and grow, based on proper knowledge and understanding, and that you'll sort out the things which differ" (Philippians 1:9-10)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How about understanding the New Testament, which is full up to any reader's eyeballs with contradictions without a proper understanding of who Paul is and what his gospel is and how it differs from that of the Kingdom Gospel which Jesus and the Twelve preached?

We know from scripture that Jesus and the Twelve will be in the kingdom, so are you claiming Paul won't be?

Interplanner

"I pray that your love may grow and grow, based on proper knowledge and understanding, and that you'll sort out the things which differ" (Philippians 1:9-10)

That's just it. You think there are two gospels and a contradiction because of that! It's nonsense! There is no 2P2P. There are not 2 Gospels. It always was one message to mankind in Christ! You are validating an unnecessary intellectual barrier to the coherent message that is there!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That's just it. You think there are two gospels and a contradiction because of that! It's nonsense! There is no 2P2P. There are not 2 Gospels. It always was one message to mankind in Christ! You are validating an unnecessary intellectual barrier to the coherent message that is there!

No, the contradiction is there without the two gospels. The two gospels resolves the contradictions while maintaining the plain meaning of the various texts involved.

The alternative is to pick and choose which passages you take to mean what they say and which you "interpret" in light of the other texts.

Baptists, for example, take Paul at his word and interpret Peter, James and John in light of Paul.

The Church of Christ does the opposite.

Other denominations usually fall somewhere in-between but its only a matter of degree.

It is Mid Acts Dispensationalists and ONLY Mid Acts Dispensationalists who take both the Pauline Epistles and the whole rest of the New Testament to mean what it plainly states. I have no need to interpret James 2! I simply read it and take it to mean what it says. "Faith without works is dead.". That's what it says and that's exactly what it means. I also take Romans 4 to mean precisely what it says when it states the exact opposite of what James says. It is the context which Mid Acts Dispensationalism provides that clears up the obvious and undeniable contradiction that exists outside a Mid Acts Dispensational paradigm.

Resting in Him,
Clete