ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

Danoh

I agree. Except that in the 1st century situation, the conditions were not the same. It wasn't about idolatry; that's not what risked the land. I suppose you might have some secret theory that Judaism's leaders were involved in idolatry that I've never heard, but that would mean they were secretly Roman-pagan, and that's why so many were in high positions in city authority.

As usual, you are ever clueless of Scriptures' take on an issue, in this case; on ITS' take on what constitutes "idolatry."

God's Truth

We aren't Jews, gt!

Anyone could have obeyed God in the Old Testament.

The Gentiles were separate and without God in the world because they did not obey Him and do the purification/ceremonial works.

See Ephesians 2:12.

Through Jesus' blood and body, all are made one and are no longer Jew and Gentile.

The true Jew is one who believes and obeys God.

If you do not recognize what I am saying as what is in the scriptures, I will gladly give you the scripture references.

God's Truth

A Jew is one blood related to Abraham.

God promised Abraham that He would bring the Messiah through a blood relation of Abraham.

Since Jesus came and shed his blood on the cross, his blood is the only blood that matters, and not whether we are blood related to Abraham or not.

We are related to Abraham by faith IN JESUS' blood. That is about FAITH that our sins WE REPENT OF ARE WASHED CLEAN.

Jesus MUST CLEAN US FIRST BEFORE HE LIVES WITH US.

We get clean by repenting of our sins and believing he cleans us.

northwye

Galatians 3: 3, 16, 26-29: "Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?..........Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ...............For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Galatians 3: 3, 16, 26-29 is not a teaching in addition to Genesis 17: 2-14, Exodus 19: 5-6, Deuteronomy: 6, and Deuteronomy 14;2, leaving these Old Testament texts in effect in the new Covenant period. To believe this is a fundamental error of Christian Zionism.

Jesus Christ fulfilled II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16 and especially Jeremiah 18: 1-6. He remade Old Covenant Israel. Hebrews 10: 9 and II Corinthians 3: 11 say in an explicit way that the Old Covenant was done away with, and Galatians 3 implies it is not in effect in the New Covenant.

Teaching that the Old Covenant is still in existence in some way is not from scripture but from the theology of John Darby, C.I. Scofield and Lewis S. Chaffer.

The Old Testament texts on the chosen people by their physical bloodline do not agree with Hebrews 10: 9, II Corinthians 3: 11 and Galatians 3: 3, 16, 26-29. So these Old Testament texts are not now authority for the teaching that a chosen people by bloodline still exists.

Dispensationalism-Christian Zionism has the connection between Israel before Christ and Israel after Christ all wrong. It is the remnant of Israel before Christ and in the First century after Christ rose from the Cross which is the connection and a strong one. The multitude of Old Covenant Israel, which Christian Zionism honors, was the religion of the Pharisees. Hebrews 11 lists some of the names of that remnant of Israel and the prophets can also be considered as part of the remnant.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Anyone could have obeyed God in the Old Testament.

The Gentiles were separate and without God in the world because they did not obey Him and do the purification/ceremonial works.

See Ephesians 2:12.

Through Jesus' blood and body, all are made one and are no longer Jew and Gentile.

The true Jew is one who believes and obeys God.

If you do not recognize what I am saying as what is in the scriptures, I will gladly give you the scripture references.
I am no Jew. I am not of Israel. Nothing I do, say or think could ever change that, nor would I want it to. You can twist all the scripture you like, it won't change the fact that if a Roman wanted to have a relationship with God, before Paul showed up, he had to become circumcised and follow Moses. It wasn't until Paul that this was no longer so. Paul is the hinge point. Why Paul? Why not Peter or John?

I have the answer to this simple question but you won't even acknowledge the question because to do so would blow your entire theological worldview into dust. Which is all it's worth in regards to righteousness. You aren't a Jew, gt! You, if you believe, have been crucified by the very law you're attempting to follow, in Christ. Your attempt to follow it pretends, unintentionally, that the crucifixion either didn't happen or that it was insufficient.

Resting in Him,
Clete

God's Truth

I am no Jew. I am not of Israel. Nothing I do, say or think could ever change that, nor would I want it to. You can twist all the scripture you like, it won't change the fact that if a Roman wanted to have a relationship with God, before Paul showed up, he had to become circumcised and follow Moses. It wasn't until Paul that this was no longer so. Paul is the hinge point. Why Paul? Why not Peter or John?

I have the answer to this simple question but you won't even acknowledge the question because to do so would blow your entire theological worldview into dust. Which is all it's worth in regards to righteousness. You aren't a Jew, gt! You, if you believe, have been crucified by the very law you're attempting to follow, in Christ. Your attempt to follow it pretends, unintentionally, that the crucifixion either didn't happen or that it was insufficient.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Anyone could have converted to Judaism.

Peter was the first to give salvation to Gentiles without their first having to be circumcised, not Paul.

From the beginning of time until now, there are two things that save ANYONE, and that is to believe and obey God---no matter what He says.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Clete

Paul came later.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul came later.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Paul was ALREADY called and given his ministry AT THAT TIME!!

You're completely ignorant of the BIBLICAL TIMELINE.

Acts 9 comes BEFORE Acts 10!

Danoh

Why another Apostle (Paul), if the Lord had not only chosen the 11 but had declared that what ever they bound or loosed on Earth (Matthias as Judas' replacement) was sanctioned in Heaven?

Fact is that as Acts 15 would later make obvious, Peter's Acts 10 experience had been meant to serve for a witness of the transition from the ministery of the Twelve Apostles, to the ministry of that one Apostle: Paul.

It was the validity Paul's assertion in Acts 15, that was in question.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was ALREADY called and given his ministry AT THAT TIME!!

You're completely ignorant of the BIBLICAL TIMELINE.

Acts 9 comes BEFORE Acts 10!

Paul was not sent until Acts ch 13 and Barnabus who was saved before Paul was sent with him.

Paul received His ministry after he was found to be faithful along with his brethren in Antioch.

Act 13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
1Ti 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

Paul was raised up the same as the first of the church was as given in Acts ch 2.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

You do not like the truth do you.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why another Apostle (Paul), if the Lord had not only chosen the 11 but had declared that what ever they bound or loosed on Earth (Matthias as Judas' replacement) was sanctioned in Heaven?

Fact is that as Acts 15 would later make obvious, Peter's Acts 10 experience had been meant to serve for a witness of the transition from the ministery of the Twelve Apostles, to the ministry of that one Apostle: Paul.

There was no transition.

The truth was known by all of the Apostles and they all preached it to both Jews and Gentiles as Paul began to do.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

LA

God's Truth

God chose the twelve.

Acts 1:24 Show us which of these two you have chosen

What?!!! What is in question?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Paul came later.

Peter is referring to the events depicted in Acts 10. Peter did not have an active ministry to the uncircumcised.

Galatians 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​

Interplanner

Peter is referring to the events depicted in Acts 10. Peter did not have an active ministry to the uncircumcised.

Galatians 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​

You missed 15:7 about Peter to the nations.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You missed 15:7 about Peter to the nations.

TO THE CIRCUMCISION!!!! Not every Jew lived in Israel! (See James 1:1)

Can we please attempt to elevate the sophistication of our thinking just a tad?!

Acts 15 says nothing at all about sending Peter to the nations. The whole point of the chapter is about the Twelve confirming to the gentiles that they do not have to follow the law.

Interplanner

TO THE CIRCUMCISION!!!! Not every Jew lived in Israel! (See James 1:1)

Can we please attempt to elevate the sophistication of our thinking just a tad?!

Acts 15 says nothing at all about sending Peter to the nations. The whole point of the chapter is about the Twelve confirming to the gentiles that they do not have to follow the law.

then you missed 15:7, where he says he was.

Interplanner

Now who is going by Acts?

In contrast; Clete is going by Acts IN LIGHT OF Galatians, you double talking amateur:chuckle:

Well, if you are going to dismiss that, then we're done with MAD. Because all substantial chapters in apostles letters (ie non-Acts) don't concern themselves with it. Both Peter and Paul were 'sent' one direction or another, and both made considerable exceptions to that sending. In Peter's case, it was enough to mention it at the counsel--that the Gentiles were supposed to hear the Gospel from him.

Danoh

Well, if you are going to dismiss that, then we're done with MAD. Because all substantial chapters in apostles letters (ie non-Acts) don't concern themselves with it. Both Peter and Paul were 'sent' one direction or another, and both made considerable exceptions to that sending. In Peter's case, it was enough to mention it at the counsel--that the Gentiles were supposed to hear the Gospel from him.

Nope - Peter's understanding in Acts 15 was in light of the Lord's further word to him, James, and John, through Paul, Gal. 2.

Signs having been the corroborating witness.

You are completely clueless as to what actually took place in Acts 10 and Acts 15.

The key is in Galatians 2 in light of Romans 1:18-3:30.

Both of which are they very basis for what Paul had had to reiterate to Peter at the time of Peter's stumble in that Antioch incident.

:doh: