ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

God's Truth

This GT knucklehead thinks like too many here on TOL that "spiritual" somehow means completely disconnected and apart from anything physical. How dumb!

I already gave MANY scriptures that say the land promises were fulfilled, and that there were CONDITIONS to keeping it.

However, Steko and you just keep going on as if you cannot see and hear those scriptures.

God's Truth

A person that believes what you are preaching must deny many scriptures of GOD's truth.
An imposed Platonic spiritualization of GOD's promises is simply to not believe what GOD literally says.
It's an diversion into unbelief.

Again, you are the one who does not believe God's Word.

What don't you get about God fulfilled ALL THE LAND PROMISES?

Wow...unbelievable.

God's Truth

No...you do.

It was a literal rock, but symbolized Messiah.

That is right. Now think about the promises that God made and how ALL THE LAND PROMISES WERE FULFILLED and how the spiritual was fulfilled through Jesus.

Maybe it will come to you, like the scripture about the Rock.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That is right. Now think about the promises that God made and how ALL THE LAND PROMISES WERE FULFILLED and how the spiritual was fulfilled through Jesus.

Maybe it will come to you, like the scripture about the Rock.

GOD told Abraham, "You see this land? Walk up and down in it. I give it to you and your descendants as an inheritance forever."

Stephen said, "And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession..."

So....yet unfulfilled, but.....will be according to GOD's irrevocable promise.

God's Truth

Stephen says they weren't.

You describe yourself.

Stephen was EXPLAINING HOW there were promises...Stephen was telling them about the earthy promises having a spiritual meaning. However, just like you, the Sanhedrin would not listen.

Don't you see that?

Read Acts 7 how Stephan explains the history of the Old Testament times and how the Sanhedrin just does not get it, so Stephen says to them, "You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!"

Stephan said that to them AFTER HE EXPLAINED ABOUT ALL THE LAND PROMISES having a deeper meaning about GOD.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Stephen was EXPLAINING HOW there were promises...Stephen was telling them about the earthy promises having a spiritual meaning. However, just like you, the Sanhedrin would not listen.

Don't you see that?

Read Acts 7 how Stephan explains the history of the Old Testament times and how the Sanhedrin just does not get it, so Stephen says to them, "You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!"

Stephan said that to them AFTER HE EXPLAINED ABOUT ALL THE LAND PROMISES having a deeper meaning about GOD.

Total baloney!

God's Truth

GOD told Abraham, "You see this land? Walk up and down in it. I give it to you and your descendants as an inheritance forever."

Stephen said, "And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession..."

So....yet unfulfilled, but.....will be according to GOD's irrevocable promise.

There is going to be a NEW EARTH.

There is going to be a New Earth and Jesus is not going to be sitting on a throne on it because he will have handed the kingdom over to the Father at that time.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is going to be a NEW EARTH.

There is going to be a New Earth and Jesus is not going to be sitting on a throne on it because he will have handed the kingdom over to the Father at that time.

You are opposed to the will of GOD concerning His Son, Messiah inheriting the throne of His ancestor David. The One Who sits in the heavens, laughs! Ps 2

God's Truth

Total baloney!

Read it for yourself. Tell me where you get they got mad at Stephen for speaking about LAND?!

They got mad at Stephan because he explained that God DOES NOT LIVE IN HOUSES MADE BY HUMAN HANDS!

You teach that Jesus is going to come back and LIVE ON THIS EARTH IN AN EARTHLY BUILDING!!!

48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

49 “‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me?
says the Lord.
Or where will my resting place be?
50 Has not my hand made all these things?’
51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

God's Truth

You are opposed to the will of GOD concerning His Son, Messiah inheriting the throne of His ancestor David. The One Who sits in the heavens, laughs! Ps 2

David's throne is a throne RULING OVER ISRAEL.

Jesus is on the throne and RULING OVER ISRAEL, and even the whole universe.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Read it for yourself. Tell me where you get they got mad at Stephen for speaking about LAND?!

I never said that they got mad at Stephen for speaking about land.
Where did you get that?
I said, quoting GOD to Abraham, that He would give that literal land that Abraham walked up and down in to he and his descendants as an inheritance, forever.
Stephen said that has not happened yet.

They go made at Stephan because he explained that God DOES NOT LIVE IN HOUSES MADE BY HUMAN HANDS!

They were mad at Stephen first because of the trumped up charges against him in Acts 6 and then they were mad at him for claiming GOD's incarnation in Messiah.

Did GOD respond to Solomon's prayer by His coming in glory to dwell in the temple Solomon built for Him, or not?

You teach that Jesus is going to come back and LIVE ON THIS EARTH IN AN EARTHLY BUILDING!!!

I teach that the LORD Jesus Messiah is coming back to this earth and that land to take the throne of David just as GOD said through the prophets, through Gabriel and by the Lord Jesus Himself.
You are telling me to not believe them.

48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

49 “‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me?
says the Lord.
Or where will my resting place be?
50 Has not my hand made all these things?’
51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

GOD expresses His magnitude and ubiquity through these verses, not that it is impossible for Him to manifest His presence and glory in the finite realm. If it were the case then one would have to deny that GOD was in the Angel of YHVH, in the cloud, in the bush, in the tabernacle, in the temple and in the incarnation of Christ Jesus.

God's Truth

I never said that they got mad at Stephen for speaking about land.
Where did you get that?
I said, quoting GOD to Abraham, that He would give that literal land that Abraham walked up and down in to he and his descendants as an inheritance, forever.
Stephen said that has not happened yet.

They were mad at Stephen first because of the trumped up charges against him in Acts 6 and then they were mad at him for claiming GOD's incarnation in Messiah.

Did GOD respond to Solomon's prayer by His coming in glory to dwell in the temple Solomon built for Him, or not?

I teach that the LORD Jesus Messiah is coming back to this earth and that land to take the throne of David just as GOD said through the prophets, through Gabriel and by the Lord Jesus Himself.
You are telling me to not believe them.

GOD expresses His magnitude and ubiquity through these verses, not that it is impossible for Him to manifest His presence and glory in the finite realm. If it were the case then one would have to deny that GOD was in the Angel of YHVH, in the cloud, in the bush, in the tabernacle, in the temple and in the incarnation of Christ Jesus.

What you say does not make sense. Jesus is God and you say Jesus will rule on an earthly throne in a building built by human hands, and you use God's Spirit being in the Old Testament temple as proof.

So Jesus coming really means nothing since he is going to come again and live on this earth, again?! Why come the first time then?

northwye

"7. Jer 18:1-10 ...the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make... Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does? declares the LORD. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel...Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it.

8. Jer 19:10-11 Then you are to break the jar in the sight of the men who accompany you and say to them, `Thus says the LORD of hosts, Just so shall I break this people and this city, even as one breaks a potter's vessel, which cannot again be repaired...

Most of those verses to not even refer to the LAND. You like to think that you're connecting things when you're not."

Jeremiah 18: 1-6 is a prophecy saying that God was to remake Old Covenant Israel. One New Testament scripture on this remaking is I Peter 2: 5, "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

Peter goes on to say In I Peter 2: 9, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6. And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19: 5-6

Peter in I Peter 2: 5 is saying that in the remaking of Old Covenant Israel God made his New Covenant people into his peculiar treasure, his kingdom of priests,and his holy nation or holy people.

Hebrews 10: 9 says "Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second."

There is another New Testament text which also says God did away with the Old Covenant in establishing the New Covenant.

""But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8. How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9. For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious." II Corinthians 3: 7-11

II Corinthians 3: 11 is subtle, and if a person has been taught Christian Zionism, the meaning of II Corinthians 3: 11 may not register at all.

Since the Old Covenant was done away with in the creation of the New Covenant, what place is there for the land promises? Interpret Old Covenant scripture by New Covenant texts.

God's Truth

"7. Jer 18:1-10 ...the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make... Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does? declares the LORD. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel...Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it.

8. Jer 19:10-11 Then you are to break the jar in the sight of the men who accompany you and say to them, `Thus says the LORD of hosts, Just so shall I break this people and this city, even as one breaks a potter's vessel, which cannot again be repaired...

Most of those verses to not even refer to the LAND. You like to think that you're connecting things when you're not."

Jeremiah 18: 1-6 is a prophecy saying that God was to remake Old Covenant Israel. One New Testament scripture on this remaking is I Peter 2: 5, "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

Peter goes on to say In I Peter 2: 9, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6. And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19: 5-6

Peter in I Peter 2: 5 is saying that in the remaking of Old Covenant Israel God made his New Covenant people into his peculiar treasure, his kingdom of priests,and his holy nation or holy people.

Hebrews 10: 9 says "Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second."

There is another New Testament text which also says God did away with the Old Covenant in establishing the New Covenant.

""But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8. How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9. For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious." II Corinthians 3: 7-11

II Corinthians 3: 11 is subtle, and if a person has been taught Christian Zionism, the meaning of II Corinthians 3: 11 may not register at all.

Since the Old Covenant was done away with in the creation of the New Covenant, what place is there for the land promises? Interpret Old Covenant scripture by New Covenant texts.

Who are you speaking to?