ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
To "rightly divide" the Word of God, is to carefully read it, exegete it, and compare scripture with scripture to come to Truth.
Rightly dividing the word of truth means to separate out the gospel that is "the gospel of your salvation" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as mentioned in Ephesians 1:13, from other gospels in the Bible or you could be believing the wrong gospel that is not the gospel that is the power of God to save you.

And we must rightly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)in Paul's epistles. For example, there was a time that certain Gentiles (called Greeks in a KJB) had ordinances to keep so as not to offend the Jews, but then in Paul's later epistles when writing to the alien gentile (who Paul was a prisoner of Jesus Christ for, people like you and me who in time past were without hope and without God in the world Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV), you can eat anything as the middle wall of partition was broken down between us (Ephesians 2:14-16 KJV). The handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, was taken out of the way, nailed to His cross (Colossians 2:14-16 KJV). This is also why it is that it wasn't until 2 Timothy that Paul wrote to rightly divide the word of truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
To "rightly divide" the Word of God, is to carefully read it, exegete it, and compare scripture with scripture to come to Truth.

It does not mean you divvy up the bible and read only what fits your presuppositions. There are severe warnings in scripture against what you practice. (Rev. 22:18-19; Deut. 4:2, 12:32; Proverbs 30:6))
All of the Bible is FOR our learning, but is not TO us or ABOUT us. You cannot and should not apply all of it TO yourself. It would require spiritualizing many passages away.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Paul's gospel was kept secret since the world began, but then was made manifest...(Romans 16:25-27 KJV). What was preached before that?

In Calvinism, God has a 'revealed will' and a 'secret will'. His revealed will is what is told to us, and his secret will is His plan from the beginning in how He conducts His revealed will.

It's twofold, but with only one people and goal- denying that Christians are Spiritual Israel is as grave an error as denying the Trinity- there was never a time in Christian history where anyone, period, figured otherwise or that we are simply 'grafted' to physical Israel.

The fact of the matter is that if one denies Christ, being Jewish is not an immunity to whatever consequence may come of that. And as well, the Antichrist will be coming out of Christianity as soon as the gates open to Jewish-Chistian syncretism- I can almost guarantee it. He will probably be sitting in Peter's seat, and the Jews will reckon that he is the Messiah.

So y'all keep on getting in bed with Israel like everyone else is with Islam- it's ironic, really :wave2:

Interplanner

Paul meant that the Gospel was embedded in the OT but the final truth about how it would happen and who would do it was not clear until Christ accomplished it. That's why it sounds like other things (usually, events in Israel) will 'fulfill' it. They don't and would not and even Malachi laments how poorly the temple built during the return from captivity looked. How could that be the fulfillment of the prophets? It was not. An entirely new rendition was coming; a Living Temple.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There was no salvation for Gentiles in the dispensation of the gospel except through Israel's fall (Romans 11:11 KJV)! And for Gentiles such as we in the dispensation of the grace of God, their is absolutely nothing to do with a cast away Israel Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV).

Who are the many nations that God promised Abraham? Can you prove that you have not descended from one of them?

The ten tribes under Jereboam were scattered throughout the world, where are they? What are their names?

Danoh

Paul meant that the Gospel was embedded in the OT but the final truth about how it would happen and who would do it was not clear until Christ accomplished it. That's why it sounds like other things (usually, events in Israel) will 'fulfill' it. They don't and would not and even Malachi laments how poorly the temple built during the return from captivity looked. How could that be the fulfillment of the prophets? It was not. An entirely new rendition was coming; a Living Temple.

Yeah, sure, okay; mr. books based "historian..."

John 2:13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, 2:14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Danoh

Who are the many nations that God promised Abraham? Can you prove that you have not descended from one of them?

The ten tribes under Jereboam were scattered throughout the world, where are they? What are their names?

Study out HOW the words "nation" and "nations" are used in Genesis.

And do so with an eye to considering the use of each within it's particular context.

This will give you a collection of the various intended senses - Scripture being It's Own concordance AND built-in dictionary.

It even defines the word concordance- by HOW it uses said word, WHERE it uses it.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Concord - agreement with in some manner.

Thus, the study principle of Compare Scripture WITH Scripture.

Which, contrary to the assertions of various fools, is HOW Mid-Acts RE-EMERGED into the mainstream, so long after the Apostle Paul's...

2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

Contrary to the fool notion of fools in their stupidity - Mid-Acts was not the result of reading Mid-Acts INTO the Scripture.

That is nothing more than THEIR projection of what is actually THEIR practice, projected by them via their already skewed perception going in, as to the practice of the MADist.

Which is WHY they miss it.

The re-emergence of Mid-Acts into the mainstream all these centuries after Paul; was actually the result of comparing Scripture with Scripture in light of Scripture.

In contrast to, say, the practice of the Preterist.

The Preterist sought and still seeks, to solve for those seeming contradictions posed by Scripture, by going outside the Scripture to - of all people; lost, self-serving, supposed "historians" - like Josephus, and his kind.

This practice of theirs makes about as much sense as the radio program "Focus on the Family" s insistence that the solutions to those various psychological (study of the soul) problems faced by the Believer are to be found outside of Scripture, in the endless writings of atheists such as Freud, Jung, Adler, James, Maslow, and on, and on...

Absolute nonsense...

The FACT IS that...

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Because ALL Scripture is GOD breathed, it ALONE, Matt. 4:4, "is profitable for doctrine," or teaching "that we might know the things of God that are freely given unto us," 1 Cor. 2:12 "...not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual" 1 Cor. 2:13.

Said doctrine, or teaching, then become the basis "for correction" (of belief not in line with the doctrine or teaching as in the case of the Galations).

Said doctrine, or teaching is then also, the basis "for reproof" (of behavior not in line with the doctrine or teaching, as in the case of the Corinthians).

All three resulting in "instruction in righteousness: that (purpose or intent) the man of God might be THROUGHLY furnised unto ALL good works."

And just so we are clear here...

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Danoh

Study out HOW the words "nation" and "nations" are used in Genesis.

And do so with an eye to considering the use of each within it's particular context.

This will give you a collection of the various intended senses - Scripture being It's Own concordance AND built-in dictionary.

It even defines the word concordance- by HOW it uses said word, WHERE it uses it.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Concord - agreement with in some manner.

Thus, the study principle of Compare Scripture WITH Scripture.

Danoh

I want to know what Danoh is talking about. I don't read long posts but I did skip through this one to see if I could pick up the gist.

I didn't.

I laid out SOME principles having to do with how to approach studying out a thing in Scripture, and gave examples based on those principles.

Consider that if it went over your head, that is likely to be a result not only of my having applied those principles to too many areas in one post, but of the obvious - that you approach these things via principles of study that perhaps differ from my own.

In other words, even when referring to Abraham, various meanings are used for the words "nation" and "nations."

Each depending on what is actually being talked about.

Genesis 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

One key in that one is that kings are tied to that.

Who are these kings, princes, or rulers?

Genesis 17:16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

Note that the same thing was said to Ismael with regard those semitic peoples and their rulers, that began in him....

Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 25:16 These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.

Note the use of the word prince in the following...

Exodus 2:14 And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.

Numbers 1:44 These are those that were numbered, which Moses and Aaron numbered, and the princes of Israel, being twelve men: each one was for the house of his fathers.

Each of the Twelve Tribes of Israel were a nation; each with their own prince; ruler, or judge over them.

Together, they comprised the nation if Israel.

Further, those Twelve princes were a nation.