ECT Was the man Jesus God before He was Glorified . . .

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Dear Clete,

John, in his letters is "referencing" intimacy with God.

God's ways are beyond our logic. Jesus would have told yu that because He didn't know somethings Himself. Our logic, yes, maybe but, beyond it. . . Unless you believe yourself God to have no need for the Holy Spirit to teach you?

You lunatics who want to believe anything you want, whether it makes sense or not, always say that the nonsense you want to believe (but really don't) is "beyond logic". I left out the word "our" because there is only one reality and therefore there is only one kind of logic.

No matter how vast your knowledge or how modest, it is your own mind that has to acquire it. It is only with your own knowledge that you can deal. It is only your own knowledge that you can claim to possess or ask others to consider. Your mind is your only judge of truth—and if others dissent from your verdict, reality is the court of final appeal.
Nothing but a thinking mind can perform that complex, delicate, crucial process of identification which is thinking. Nothing can direct the process but his own judgment. Nothing can direct his judgment but his moral integrity.

Reason is our moral faculty. A process of reason is a process of constant choice in answer to the question: True or False? — Right or Wrong?

Will this wild animal harm me? Yes or no?
If I press this key will it produce the letter 'A'? Yes or no?
Is the sky yellow? Yes or no?
Should I give the drunk man on the corner some money that he hasn't earned simply because he has the audacity to hold his quivering hand out?" Right or wrong?
Does God exist? Yes or no?
If God exists, is He just? Yes or no?
Shall I obey what this preacher is saying? Right or wrong?
Is the Bible true? Yes or no?
Is this proposed doctrine consistent with the bible? Yes or no?

You have answered similar questions in your own mind with every presentation of any truth claim that you have either accepted or rejected, including the one that told you not to trust your own mind which you were using to make that decision. You accept that there are truths of reality that are beyond logic and use logic to accept it just as you use logic in your attempt to convince me to accept it. This is, of course, because you cannot do otherwise. There is no way to communicate without using logic. There is no way to argue the veracity of any claim without using logic to do it. There is no way to undermine the veracity of logic without using the very logic you're attempting to ruin. You are, therefore, the walking, talking epitome of a literal idiot. You contradict yourself every time you open your mouth. You cannot utter a single meaningful sound without defeating your own doctrine. You're reduced to something lower than a slobbering cave man who can at least grunt and point to convey meaning to his fellow Neanderthals.

I wish I had bothered to read more of the thread prior to having responded to your opening post. I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time trying to have a rational conversation with someone who rejects the veracity of reason. As I said a moment ago, welcome to my ignore list.

Clete

P.S. Just to make your heads all explode. Those of you who are well read might recognize portions of this post as being quotes of Ayn Rand! :rotfl:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Huh, I thought I posted on this thread.

Jesus Christ did not exist before his conception and birth no more than you or I existed before our conceptions and birth.

God, having foreknowledge and the ability to plan and have successful outcomes, had Jesus Christ and yes, us, in mind before we ever existed.

After all God chose us, Ephesians 1:4, before the foundation of the world. He foreknew that we would believe and chose us because He knew we would believe.

God knew Adam and Eve would sin before they did and had a plan in place for man's salvation and redemption, He foreknew and planned accordingly.

In what way would such a god be just? By what standard?

Serious question.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
More reading for Cross Referrence....

Prediction: He won't read it and if he does, he won't understand it and if he does he will reject it without any ability at all to refute a syllable of it.

"...that which you call ‘free will’ is your mind’s freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character.

“Thinking is man’s only basic virtue, from which all the others proceed. And his basic vice, the source of all his evils, is that nameless act which all of you practice, but struggle never to admit: the act of blanking out, the willful suspension of one’s consciousness, the refusal to think—not blindness, but the refusal to see; not ignorance, but the refusal to know. It is the act of unfocusing your mind and inducing an inner fog to escape the responsibility of judgment—on the unstated premise that a thing will not exist if only you refuse to identify it, that A will not be A so long as you do not pronounce the verdict ‘It is.’ Non-thinking is an act of annihilation, a wish to negate existence, an attempt to wipe out reality. But existence exists; reality is not to be wiped out, it will merely wipe out the wiper. By refusing to say ‘It is,’ you are refusing to say ‘I am.’ By suspending your judgment, you are negating your person. When a man declares: ‘Who am I to know?’—he is declaring: ‘Who am I to live?’

“This, in every hour and every issue, is your basic moral choice: thinking or non-thinking, existence or non-existence, A or non-A, entity or zero.
“To the extent to which a man is rational, life is the premise directing his actions. To the extent to which he is irrational, the premise directing his actions is death." - Ryn Rand; Atlas Shrugged, Part 3 chapter 7; John Galt's speech​

Never did a wicked, God hating, Christian despising atheist ever utter a statement more consistent with basic Christian truth found throughout the Bible.

Clete

Last edited:

dodge

oatmeal;5065575]Huh, I thought I posted on this thread.

Jesus Christ did not exist before his conception and birth no more than you or I existed before our conceptions and birth.

Jesus said He existed before Abraham John 8:58 !

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Man's only basic virtue, "thinking"? Tell that to Adam. :dizzy:

Told you! :rotfl:

Why do people who are literally stupid - I mean literally incapable of stringing two thoughts together -conclude that it's a good idea to come to a place and discuss something as complex and far reaching as Christian doctrine?

The unfortunate truth is that Cross Reference here is not too different than the average Christian or any other mystic for that matter. They believe what they are taught and of that only what they want to accept. They reject anything they want for any reason they have to conjure up or for no reason at all. Faith, in their view, only applies to that which makes no sense. Thinking is the cardinal sin. They simply blank out the fact that it is in their mind where faith lives that it is in their mind where the battle if fought, that their every thought, word or deed originates in their mind, that they are their mind and that thinking is all they are capable of really doing.

Clete

Cross Reference

Told you! :rotfl:

Why do people who are literally stupid - I mean literally incapable of stringing two thoughts together -conclude that it's a good idea to come to a place and discuss something as complex and far reaching as Christian doctrine?

The unfortunate truth is that Cross Reference here is not too different than the average Christian or any other mystic for that matter. They believe what they are taught and of that only what they want to accept. They reject anything they want for any reason they have to conjure up or for no reason at all. Faith, in their view, only applies to that which makes no sense. Thinking is the cardinal sin. They simply blank out the fact that it is in their mind where faith lives that it is in their mind where the battle if fought, that their every thought, word or deed originates in their mind, that they are their mind and that thinking is all they are capable of really doing.

Clete

You would have everyone here believe you are a Christian, do you have a vision that you live by in Christ, Clete?

Danoh

Do you have a definition for what "I AM" means? If my recollect is correct Jesus said "I am before Abraham". Ask Clete, he ought to know.

You are confusing Two Glories as being one and the same...

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Vision correlates with relationship with God.

This is not an answer.

What about faith? Got any of that?
Lots of it, but the real kind, not the kind where you blindly believe really hard in the absence of or in opposition to substantive evidence. Mine is the sort of faith that requires you to evaluate the claims you're asked to believe and to make a conscious choice to accept the verdict of the evidence presented to your mind through the epistemological light of Logos (John 1). Your sort of faith is mindlessly blind mystical belief that is identical to the sort of mysticism believed in by witch doctors, tarot card readers and those who keep a rabbit's foot in their front right pocket. The only difference is the object of your mindless belief.

Clete

Cross Reference

This is not an answer.

It's my answer.

Lots of it, but the real kind, not the kind where you blindly believe really hard in the absence of or in opposition to substantive evidence. Mine is the sort of faith that requires you to evaluate the claims you're asked to believe and to make a conscious choice to accept the verdict of the evidence presented to your mind through the epistemological light of Logos (John 1). Your sort of faith is mindlessly blind mystical belief that is identical to the sort of mysticism believed in by witch doctors, tarot card readers and those who keep a rabbit's foot in their front right pocket. The only difference is the object of your mindless belief.

Clete

In other words you have no faith, relationship with God or His son, Jesus, no vision, nothing. You suck in air. Thats's all. You are your own god and no longer have a need for any additional 'so called' faith or understanding in or about the only God who requires it placed in Himself alone. In more "other words" you are your own religion based on a system of belief in a god of your own making. . . and want others to 'buy' into it?? .. . :wave2:

How are the tickets sales going?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It's my answer.
Precisely my point.

In other words you have no faith, relationship with God or His son, Jesus, no vision, nothing. You suck in air. Thats's all. You are your own god and no longer have a need for any additional 'so called' faith or understanding in or about the only God who requires it placed in Himself alone. In more "other words" you are your own religion based on a system of belief in a god of your own making. . . and want others to 'buy' into it?? .. . :wave2:

How are the tickets sales going?

This is a remarkably rare thing for someone in your position to admit. You acknowledge that your faith is as I have characterized it and state bluntly that a willingness to accept the evidence that God exists and that He became a man so that He could die a propitiatory death for our sins is not faith but that simple, blind, causeless, mindless, mystical belief is!

I'm frankly amazed! There's not 1 fake Christian in a thousand that would acknowledge such a thing, at least not in public. But then, you also publically deny the deity of Him who died for you and so I suppose that I should give you points for consistency even if it is consistent stupidity.

You really ought to just go buy a rabbit's foot and rub on it when things don't seem like they're going your way. It would be just as effective and would take far less effort. The god you blindly believe in has nothing to do with justice, righteousness, life or reality. Your god does not exist! Yeah sure, you use the right words and names and have a copy of the right book but nothing you believe pertains to the God in that book!
The real God is just, CR! HE IS JUST! That actually means something real. It means that He does not act arbitrarily and that He cannot do just any old random thing and call it good. If He could then there was never any reason for Jesus to die in the first place. And if Jesus was not God then He was just another man and, at most, He would have been able to die for one other person and that's presuming that He somehow managed to be born without the same sin nature that every other man descended from Adam had been born with up to that point. It is justice, the very principle of right and wrong itself, that defeats you and your blasphemous doctrine.

I'll say it again. You are not a Christian in the biblical sense of the word. You can call yourself one all you like but saying it doesn't make it so. The god you worship has no more power to save your soul than Thor, Apollo or Gaia.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Cross Reference

Precisely my point.

I'll say it again. You are not a Christian in the biblical sense of the word. You can call yourself one all you like but saying it doesn't make it so. The god you worship has no more power to save your soul than Thor, Apollo or Gaia.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Your point is no point. You don't know the Biblical sense, the elementary teaching of God's Word to presume upon it as you do. You need to do a long review of the basics before judging me or anyone else.

To know Him is to seek him; to love Him. You don't believe you need to do that. So much for your arrogance that I doubt will avail you even a "Professers" badge...