Warmbier deserved his cruel torture because of white privilege

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe he deserved his punishment?
No, nobody does, but I don't know his personality, whether he was a snowflake or not :chuckle: - bad joke - what I mean is, was he someone that was mischievous, did he have a bad attitude or did he feel entitled? That doesn't mean that maybe he slightly deserved it but his mistake was going there in the first place. If I had means to travel at 22, N. Korea would be the last place I would go.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes, we're deplorable...homophobes, racists, etc.

Yes... yes you are.

He does look like Elton John and Elton John is gay.
Artie is from England and they have lots of gays over there.

:rotfl:

I just don't get the anger.

:rotfl: The only anger I saw here was yours.

Anything is possible with you libs. I know you're a two-faced hypocrite.That may be your hope, but I saw a resemblance the first time I saw your pic. LINE? You crossed the line of name calling without cause and then doubled down. Hypocrite.As if it's always limited to heterosexuals....what a joke. Lots of people go both ways, and some are embarrassed to admit they're gay. Truth be told, you're having a little tantrum because I dared to defy you in your stupid little Gutszette. You're a little obnoxious troll who feels the rules don't apply to you. Faker....actor....clown....dipwad....doofus.....dweeb.....boob.....Put a check by the ones that pass your muster and I'll come up with some others. The minute you claimed you could call me names, you changed the rules. Now we play by yours. Liar. You care about YOU and what offends YOU. I never apologize for speaking the truth. You act like a little snowflake pretty boy. You and artie are two of a kind. Two little boys who want to chase others off your playground....especially when they dare to answer back. That you are so easily offended is a riot...and speaks of your fragile little ego. Poor Clown. You're called on it and you hate it. And thou doth protest too much. Too close to home???????

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Isn't this Gay Pride weekend? I think I saw an article about 250,000 people lining the streets of Chicago wearing pearls and boas, :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's true, I never saw that you accused or said that Town was gay, he thought you insinuated.
When someone says you and another fellow appear to want to be alone and then they say not to be naughty it's pretty clear innuendo.

When they respond to your obviously taking it that way, with "You protest too much" they're confirming it, PJ. There's no other honest way to see it.

That's what snowflakes do
You know, someone you probably mistake for a friend once told me you were one person to my face and another to my back, but I waved them off and treated you as you met me, with a measure of friendship and affection. What you've done of late makes them look a bit wiser and I'm genuinely sorry to see it.

glorydaz

The fact remains, we're not all insulted, so you're still very confused, you poor thing. The insult is between you and TH and no one else, yet in your blind rage you lumped us all in together.

If you have a problem with "blind rage", Anna, you need to be careful to not project it onto others. :sigh:

Typical lib, though. You just can't help yourself. You libs are racists, so you call others racist. You are disgusted by gays, so you accuse others of being disgusted by gays. Town saw this perceived "gay innuendo" as the most disgusting slur ever.

We've watched this movie before. :popcorn:

You thought I was trying to be sincere? Oh dear. :eek:

Oops, it went over your head, did it?

Of course -- Why would I think anything other than your were an honest, totally sincere, human being? :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, nobody does, but I don't know his personality, whether he was a snowflake or not :chuckle: - bad joke - what I mean is, was he someone that was mischievous, did he have a bad attitude or did he feel entitled? That doesn't mean that maybe he slightly deserved it but his mistake was going there in the first place. If I had means to travel at 22, N. Korea would be the last place I would go.

My view as a mom is ... he was a kid and did a STUPID thing. It happens, and tragically, the punishment did not fit the crime. My heart goes out to his parents ... because this is a loss they will never get over.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When someone says you and another fellow appear to want to be alone and then they say not to be naughty it's pretty clear innuendo.

When they respond to your obviously taking it that way, with "You protest too much" they're confirming it, PJ. There's no other honest way to see it.

You know, someone you probably mistake for a friend once told me you were one person to my face and another to my back, but I waved them off and treated you as you met me, with a measure of friendship and affection. What you've done of late makes them look a bit wiser and I'm genuinely sorry to see it.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I wouldn't be offended by people calling me gay or if it was innuendo especially, because I know I'm not. It just seems petty and I would have grazed over it. You made it an issue and now you don't like my disdain for the left and saying that you lean that way as I see it. I'm not surprised you would say that somebody I "mistake as a friend" warned you and now you agree suddenly. I consider myself a friend to others whether they do or not.I haven't changed my feelings for you, I have just seen more things we disagree on lately.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If you have a problem with "blind rage", Anna, you need to be careful to not project it onto others. :sigh:

Typical lib, though. You just can't help yourself. You libs are racists, so you call others racist. You are disgusted by gays, so you accuse others of being disgusted by gays. Town saw this perceived "gay innuendo" as the most disgusting slur ever.
We've watched this movie before. :popcorn:

Oops, it went over your head, did it?

Of course -- Why would I think anything other than your were an honest, totally sincere, human being? :chuckle:

You're scrambling, sweetie. Just be careful not to hurt yourself with those sharp little words.

I'm not insulted if someone calls me a lesbian, it's happened a couple times here over the years by people who thought they could get to me that way, but they were disappointed. I don't use gayness as an insult and I don't take gayness as an insult, so I'm totally unfazed and rather entertained by the thought that on my last night here I get to be fascinated by your pathology at work.

You like to find ways to get to people, and you found a way with TH. I'm just pointing out to you what you can't see for yourself.

You have a bitter poison in you, glorydaz.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I wouldn't be offended by people calling me gay or if it was innuendo especially, because I know I'm not. It just seems petty and I would have grazed over it. You made it an issue and now you don't like my disdain for the left and saying that you lean that way as I see it. I'm not surprised you would say that somebody I "mistake as a friend" warned you and now you agree suddenly. I consider myself a friend to others whether they do or not.I haven't changed my feelings for you, I have just seen more things we disagree on lately.

The simple fact of the matter is ... it's annoying when another person intentionally LIES about you. Do you know what we call people who make false claims about others? It only seems petty because at this point, she isn't going after YOU. About a year ago when she was, you didn't think it was petty. Do you know who else didn't think it was petty? Bybee, the moderator. A couple of other mods spoke out against it. So did Anna. Insofar as TH is concerned, he has NEVER treated you disrespectfully. When you giggle and high-five those who lie about and harass him, you are joining in on the harassment.

glorydaz

And yet here you are with...this, whatever it is.

:idunno:

Here is Artie's invitation for me to leave.

you must have been up all night coming up with that one...it shows your fatigue.

Here's Clown insinuating I'm tired....his invitation for me to leave.

And she fumbles to play the gay innuendo card.

Here he is fumbling to turn my words into a "gay innuendo".​

And here is the little girlfriend coming to fight their battles.

You're scrambling, sweetie. Just be careful not to hurt yourself with those sharp little words.

Bad me....using all those "sharp words". Poor little snowflakes are hurt.

I'm not insulted if someone calls me a lesbian, it's happened a couple times here over the years by people who thought they could get to me that way, but they were disappointed. I don't use gayness as an insult and I don't take gayness as an insult, so I'm totally unfazed

Ah, she tells us she is more mature than Clown....who got offended at even the thought of a gay innuendo.

You like to find ways to get to people, and you found a way with TH.

Why? Did it hit too close to home? What are you saying....is that a gay innuendo? REPORT HER.

You have a bitter poison in you, glorydaz.

Coming from you, Anna, I take that as a complement. Truth is indeed a bitter pill for people like you to swallow.

glorydaz

The simple fact of the matter is ... it's annoying when another person intentionally LIES about you. Do you know what we call people who make false claims about others? It only seems petty because at this point, she isn't going after YOU. About a year ago when she was, you didn't think it was petty. Do you know who else didn't think it was petty? Bybee, the moderator. A couple of other mods spoke out against it. So did Anna. Insofar as TH is concerned, he has NEVER treated you disrespectfully. When you giggle and high-five those who lie about and harass him, you are joining in on the harassment.

There isn't a one who didn't give as good as they got.

PJ got over his snit with me, and I got over mine with him. We actually were mature enough to do so.

You folks, Artie, Town, Rush, Bybee, and Anna are so into your mob mentality that you can't get past it.

Don't blame the grownups for your childish ways.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Here is Artie's invitation for me to leave.

Here's Clown insinuating I'm tired....his invitation for me to leave.

Here he is fumbling to turn my words into a "gay innuendo".​

And here is the little girlfriend coming to fight their battles.

Bad me....using all those "sharp words". Poor little snowflakes are hurt.

Ah, she tells us she is more mature than Clown....who got offended at even the thought of a gay innuendo.

Why? Did it hit too close to home? What are you saying....is that a gay innuendo? REPORT HER.

Coming from you, Anna, I take that as a complement. Truth is indeed a bitter pill for people like you to swallow.

Oh dear, you went to all that work to find those quotes, but I'm kind of bored now. Sorry. :(

Hang in there though, I'm sure it won't be long before you hunt down someone else to poke with your pointy stick. :)

:wave:

glorydaz

Oh dear, you went to all that work to find those quotes, but I'm kind of bored now. Sorry. :(

Hang in there though, I'm sure it won't be long before you hunt down someone else to poke with your pointy stick. :)

:wave:

Nice try, but you only show you never had anything worthwhile to add. You saw Town's report and couldn't resist piling on.

Like gnats....just swipe them away.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I wouldn't be offended by people calling me gay or if it was innuendo especially, because I know I'm not.
I haven't really made a lot of hay about personal offense. Truth be told I literally said that I didn't care and wasn't seeking a banning for glory. I simply wanted the conduct reined in, because it's beyond the pale and a clear violation of the least bar for civil discourse here. That's been established by prior moderator action and the rules governing conduct.

The only person who has actually offended me today was you. Because I had a very different opinion of you and your conduct repeatedly violated our trust. Glory, she's just a sound to me, like Sod. I finally turned the volume down because it's just too utterly unrewarding to hear. It's not even worth copy at this point, so...

It just seems petty and I would have grazed over it. You made it an issue
You could say that about anything, blasphemy, profanity. Hey, when you object to it you make it an issue. But that's as wrong headed as blaming someone for having their pocket picked. You called a cop? Why make an issue? The issue is something else and I didn't make it. Knight did when he created the place and gave it rules. Delmar did when he made a point of telling Eeset that same sort of rhetoric was out of bounds.

and now you don't like my disdain for the left and saying that you lean that way as I see it.
If you're going to have a conversation with me keep it honest. This has nothing to do with your opinion of the left. But I've told you the truth of where I stand and given you reason.

I'm not surprised you would say that somebody I "mistake as a friend" warned you and now you agree suddenly.
Which isn't what I said. I disregarded fair warning that you weren't as you presented yourself to me. And, honestly, your conduct in the past day or so has given me reason to accept that there's some measure of truth to it. Sufficient to end what I considered a friendship. A friend wouldn't have acted as you have, PJ. Or we have very different definitions. I'm not talking about agreement or disagreement, but how we deal with one another in it and what we have to credit one another with foundationally.

AB is a friend of mine. We've had heated and profound disagreements, but he's never doubted my word or my sincerity and I feel the same way about him. Anna and I have had quiet fights and she's been to my right and to my left over time. None of that mattered to me, really. I credited them with their mind and honesty and they returned that...that's bedrock. Anyone who can't is just someone you know.

Simple as that.

I consider myself a friend to others whether they do or not.I haven't changed my feelings for you, I have just seen more things we disagree on lately.
No idea why. I've been opposed to Trump for as long as he's been in the mix. I haven't shifted any position I've had since we met. Look, I don't wish you anything but the best. So it's not like there's a declaration of war at hand. :chuckle: I'm just sorry that we can't be friends, but we don't speak the same language on that front.

Last edited: