War on Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

The VA statement:
"In order to be respectful of our Veterans religious beliefs, all donated holiday cards are reviewed by a multi-disciplinary team of staff led by Chaplaincy services and determined if they are appropriate (non-religious) to freely distribute to patients. After the review is complete, the holiday cards that reference religious and/or secular tones are then distributed by Chaplaincy Service on a one-on-one basis if the patient agrees to the religious reference in the holiday card donation. The holiday cards that do not contain religious and/or secular tones are distributed freely to patients across the Health Care System. We regret this process was not fully explained to this group and apologize for any misunderstanding."
This makes me wonder if it was one person's bureaucratic bumbling of the situation, since the VA doesn't appear from the above statement to be refusing Christmas cards that say Merry Christmas. I do think it's overkill to subject the cards to a "multi-disciplinary" team for review, a better one-on-one approach would be bypassing the review process and simply asking a patient if he or she would like to receive a Christmas card.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[...Somethin' bout women :plain:--not men :vomit:--in red dresses (Deut 22:5, Mt 19:4, 1 Co 6:9)] "You are creepy."
:yawn: Marriage is a good thing.

odjfosjeofjsoejoejrogjedgg.jpg

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

Last edited:

OliviaM

BANNED
Banned
The war on the war on Christmas starts earlier every year.

There really isn't a war on Christmas. OMG people decorate and celebrate way too early.

No Christmas until after Thanksgiving people.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Straw man . There is no "war on Christmas ". This is just a manufactured ,mythical war invented by whiny, easily offended right-wing Christians . All the examples of the so-called "war on Christmas " are nothing but fairy tales .
I'm not a Christian nor religious, but if someone says "Merry Christmas" to me on December 25, it doesn't bother or offend me in the least bit. I just reply "Merry Christmas " back myself .

Status
Not open for further replies.