ECT Two Gospels Preached During The Acts Period

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and I also wanted to tell you what we read in The Bible Knowledge Commentary (An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty) about the offer of the kingdom at Acts 3:19-21. In his commentary on these verses Stanley D. Toussaint writes:

"Peter's exhoration, as in his Pentecost sermon (2:38), was to repent. Was Peter saying here that if Israel repented, God's kingdom would have come to earth? This must be answered in the affirmative for several reasons..."
(Walvoord & Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament [Chariot Victor Publishig 1983] p.361).​

Alva J. McClain writes the following in Biblioteca Sacra, a publication of Dallas Theological Seminary::

"If they will repent and turn again, their sins will be blotted out, and Jesus shall be sent from heaven to restore all things spoken by the Old Testament prophets. And in confirmation of the bona fide character of this reoffer of the kingdom, we find early in the Acts period many of the miraculous signs and wonders which we associated with our Lord's own original offer of the kingdom...there is the continued proclamation of the coming kingdom as an immediate possibility, depending on the attitude of the nation of Israel" (McClain, "The Greatness of the Kingdom," Biblioteca Sacra Oct. 1955; Vol. 112 # 448, p.305,307).​

17 “Yet now, brethren, I know that tyou did it in ignorance, as did also your rulers. 18 But uthose things which God foretold vby the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer,
LETS LOOK AT WHAT THE PROPHETS SAID WAS THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE SERVANT'S SUFFERING. SHAKL WE?

He has thus fulfilled.

WHAT WAS FULFILLED HERE POP?

Get back to me bud

Jerry Shugart

17 “Yet now, brethren, I know that tyou did it in ignorance, as did also your rulers. 18 But uthose things which God foretold vby the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer,
LETS LOOK AT WHAT THE PROPHETS SAID WAS THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE SERVANT'S SUFFERING. SHAKL WE?

He has thus fulfilled.

WHAT WAS FULFILLED HERE POP?

Son, why don't you start a new thread about that subject?

DAN P

All men are saved on the same principle, whether they be under the law or not. And that way is by grace through faith:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
(Ro.4:16).​

Do you believe that, Dan?

Hi and you have not answered my question , How was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 ?

Why are you AVOIDING your answer , YES or NO !!

You claim we are saved by the same principle , so explain Paul ??

I know I have you and you are MIND !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and you have not answered my question , How was Paul saved in Acts 9:6 ?

Why are you AVOIDING your answer ,

He was saved by grace through faith. And when he believed the truth which he preached to the Jews he was saved:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

He was saved by grace when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi and I do not agree with your PREMISE as Acts 2:38 kills your theory as that verse is UNDER the Law !!

And you asked about Gal 2:7 and did not comment on it , so do you agree ??

Gal 2:7 proves two GOSPELS !!

dan p

Well chosen verse, Dan. Shugart is a bit of a "Know-it-All."

DAN P

Well chosen verse, Dan. Shugart is a bit of a "Know-it-All."

Hi and I know that some feel that way about me , BUT I am right until proven wrong !!

Jerry can not prove how Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 and use 1 Cor 12 , or use 1 Cor 15:8 escapes him because Jerry is stuck on Acts 7 and the Un-pardonable sin that was committed by Israel THAT can not be committed by Grace believers !!

dan p

turbosixx

Poor (assumptive) question on your part.

What does phrase "the Christ" refer to in Matt. thru John?

The people described in those four books those years prior to His Crucifixion - what is required of them as to what they are to profess they believe as to the who and what about said "Christ"?

Christ is Greek for Messiah or anointed one.

I'm trying to understand what you mean by
While, prior to the Cross, the requirement is that a Jew believe that He is Israel's Prophesied Christ, John 5 & 8.

I agree they needed to believe but I understand them to still be under the law of Moses until the cross. Their belief was looking forward to the establishment of the church/kingdom. Which could also be said of all people before the cross.

John the Baptist knew Jesus was the Messiah yet someone in the church is greater than he because they are clothed with Jesus Lord and Christ.
Matt. 11:11 Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

What am I missing?

DAN P

He was saved by grace through faith. And when he believed the truth which he preached to the Jews he was saved:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

He was saved by grace when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Hi and Paul was preaching to Jews , that Jesus was the CHRIST / MESSIAH !!

Yes Paul was saved by Grace and was the the PROTO / FIRST and the Pattern to all the followed Paul by Grace and I gave you the answer in post #245 , do you see it ??

Also 1 Cor 15:8 !!

But none of what Isaid makes any sense to you , does it ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Shugart is a bit of a "Know-it-All."

I am just like everyone else on this forum. I give my opinion just like everyone else, including you.

So what's your beef?

I will ask you this question again in the hope that you will finally share your opinion with us:

When the "gospel of the circumcision"(Gal.2:7) was preached what was said?

Thanks!

DAN P

Paul was saved by grace when he believed what?

Hi and I gave you the answers in 1 Cor 12 and in Acts 9:6 and in 1 Cor 15:8 , what more do you want ??

See you tomorrow !!

Tell me what GRACE / CHARIS really means , Jerry and in Gal 1:15 Paul was SAVED by the favor of God , so get with it Jerry !!

dan p

northwye

The Christian Zionist Parenthesis and Its Separation of Elect Jews From Elect Non-Jews

John Darby said that the "Church has sought to settle itself here, but it has no place on the
earth... [Though] making a most constructive parenthesis, it forms no part of the regular order of God's earthly plans, but is merely an interruption of them to give a fuller character and meaning to them..."

John. N. Darby, 'The Character of Office in The Present Dispensation'
Collected Writings., Eccl. I, Vol. I, p. 94.

"Them" are all physical Israel, or Old Covenant Israel. The church, for Darby exists mainly to "give fuller character and meaning to all physical Israel."

John Darby and then C.I. Scofield and Lewis S. Chafer said that when the dispensation of grace is over then God will return to a dispensation of law and again work with the people of the physical bloodline.- of the Old Covenant.

This theory is the origin of the Christian Zionist separation of the people of the bloodline of Abraham from the elect Gentiles, which they call the Church.

It is true that in the Book of Acts, Paul often preached the Gospel to the Jews in the Synagogues and to non-Jews in public places and in homes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudius "The Roman Emperor Claudius in Acts 18: 3 ordered the Jews to leave Rome. He was in office AD 41-54. And Roman historians Suetonius and Cassius Dio support this.incident.

In about A.D. 49 the Roman Emperor Claudius expelled the the Jews out of Rome.and Jewish Christians would have been expelled along with the rest of the Jews. During the period before the death of Claudius in about A.D. 54 when the edict lapsed and Jews started to return, the house churches in Rome would have become almost entirely non-Jewish. The returning Jews were faced with a Roman Christian population in the house congregations made up mostly of Gentile Christians. Whether the returning Jews joined the Gentile house congregations or established their own house congregations, there were likely to be divisions between the Jewish and Gentiles Christians in the house congregations of Rome at the time Paul, wrote his letter to the Romans.

The Jewish Christians who came back to Rome would have had to adjust to being part of Gentile congregations or of a Christian community in Rome dominated by Gentiles. This is the opposite of what would have happened before Claudius’s edict; at that time Gentiles would have had to adapt to Jewish customs to fit in.. The older Jewish Synagogue system of worship was likely weakened by the edit of Claudius. When the Jewish Christians showed up again in the now mostly-Gentile house congregations conflicts would have developed between the two groups.

A theme then in Paul's letter to the Roman Christians would likely have been the message to unify the Jewish and Gentile Christian community in Rome.

The call to unity is clearly seen in Romans 10: 12, "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."

In Romans 11: 1-5 Paul explains that God did not cast away all of his people of the Old Covenant, but a remnant of them were made an elect group, the implication being that he began the New Covenant with this remnant from Old Covenant Israel. But in Romans 11: 17-20 Paul states hat those of Old Covenant Israel who rejected Christ were cut off.

He begins to talk about some fundamental changes between the Old and New Covenants in Romans 2: 28-29 and in Romans 9: 6-8.

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." Romans 2: 28-29

Again, he is unifying the Christian Jews and Christian Gentiles in Romans 2: 28-29, by saying a true Jew is now someone who is a "Jew" not outwardly in the flesh by circumcision but is a "Jew" in the spirit. He is shifting the identity of a "Jew" from a fleshly identity to a spiritual identity, something the Talmudic Jews would reject but a doctrine that would unify the Jews and Gentile Christians.

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9: 6-8

Then again in Romans 9: 6-8 Paul contrasts Israel of the flesh with another Israel which there he calls the children of the promise, and teaches that the Israel of the flesh, who we can infer are not born again in Christ, is not the children of God.

Romans 11: 25-26 can be interpreted by use of Romans 2: 28-29, Romans 9: 6-8 and Romans 11: 17-20 to mean that Israel in verse 25 is physical or ethnic Israel of the Old Covenant, but Israel in verse 26 is all the elect of God. Unless Paul is using Hyperbole here - which is unlikely - "all" can logically refer to either every Jew of all ages or all of the elect of God. If the meaning of All Israel shall be saved in Romans 11: 26 is that all the elect of God, regardless of race, are called Israel, then this unifies Christian Jews and Christian Gentiles as one in elect Israel. But separation theology cannot accept this interpretation.

Jewish Christian and Gentile Christians are divided as far as the flesh is concerned, but are unified spiritually.

Therefore, the doctrine that Lewis S. Chafer states as being fundamental to dispensationalism, that ".....never the twain, Israel and church, shall meet" is about Israel of the flesh and not about Israel of the Spirit.in which all in Christ all united. Lewis S. Chafer, Systematic Theology (Dallas, Dallas Seminary Press, 1975), Vol. 4. pp. 315-323..

In his book, Dispensationalism (1966), Charles Ryrie says "The
essence of Dispensationalism, then, is the distinction between Israel
and the church." (page 3, "Dispensationalism")

J. Dwight Pentecost is another dispensationalist theologian who in his
book Things To Come ( 1965) says "The church
and Israel are two distinct groups with whom God has a divine plan.
The church is a mystery, unrevealed in the Old Testament. (page 193,
J. Dwight Pentecost, Things To Come, Zondervan, 1965).

This is separation theology, dividing elect Jews from elect Gentiles.

Interestingly, Paul's Book of Romans can be compared to a Beethoven symphony in which a major theme is developed in different contexts. In Beethoven's 9th the music develops the theme which suddenly breaks out in song, "Alle Menschen Werden Brueder."

Maybe Beethoven did mean all men become brothers in a spiritual sense, though Paul as a Christian apostle in Romans states the message in an explicit way that there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek in Christ Jesus, for they are one spiritually.

And Paul said in Acts 17: 26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth..." He does not mean literally that God made all men of one flesh physically; he is using one flesh as a metaphor for a spiritual unity in God.

"Alle Auserwählten sind spiritual Brüder." or, "All the elect are spiritual brothers." There is no separation theology in scripture.

Jerry Shugart

The Christian Zionist Parenthesis and Its Separation of Elect Jews From Elect Non-Jews

The parenthesis is the "dispensation of the mystery":

"and to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery which for ages hath been hid in God who created all things"
(Eph.3:9).​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am just like everyone else on this forum. I give my opinion just like everyone else, including you.

So what's your beef?

I will ask you this question again in the hope that you will finally share your opinion with us:

Thanks!

Learn to "Rightly Divide" the word of God and perhaps your confusion and contradictions will disappear.

Jerry Shugart

Learn to "Rightly Divide" the word of God and perhaps your confusion and contradictions will disappear.

It is you who lacks the ability to "Rightly Divide" the word of God, not me!

At least I answer questions but you continue to run and hide from my question to you here:

Since you consider yourself an expert on the two gospels preached during the Acts period then answering this question should be easy for you.

DAN P

Neither one of those verses tell me what Paul believed to be saved.

Hi and this shows that you are Un-learned when it comes to real DISPENSATIONALISM !!

Let's begin with 1 Cor 15:8 and it reads , LIKE THIS , And last of all , He was seen by me also , as IF it were an UNTIMELY BIRTH !!

AND this means that Only Paul had the untimely birth and NOT the 12 apostles !!

Paul was the ONLY one spun off from the Jewish people !!

This is just one reason why the Jews are separate from Gentiles !!

This is why Jews are OUT of the B O C !!

And the ONLY way Jews are accepted into the B O C if they are saved by the MYSTERY !!

This Untimely birth happened in Acts 9:6 and NOT in Acts 2 , or 7 or 11, or 13 or 28 BUT IN Acts 9:6 !!

And this is NOT the main verses that prove where Paul was SAVED and that is Acts 9:6 !!

Israel DUE TIME will be at the SECOND COMING of Christ in Matt 24:27-31 !!

It is also OBVIOUSLY sloves the question are the 12 IN or are they OUT , and there is another verse more important that also addresses this question that many have not BELIEVED !!

dan p

beloved57

Hi and this shows that you are Un-learned when it comes to real DISPENSATIONALISM !!

Let's begin with 1 Cor 15:8 and it reads , LIKE THIS , And last of all , He was seen by me also , as IF it were an UNTIMELY BIRTH !!

AND this means that Only Paul had the untimely birth and NOT the 12 apostles !!

Paul was the ONLY one spun off from the Jewish people !!

This is just one reason why the Jews are separate from Gentiles !!

This is why Jews are OUT of the B O C !!

And the ONLY way Jews are accepted into the B O C if they are saved by the MYSTERY !!

This Untimely birth happened in Acts 9:6 and NOT in Acts 2 , or 7 or 11, or 13 or 28 BUT IN Acts 9:6 !!

And this is NOT the main verses that prove where Paul was SAVED and that is Acts 9:6 !!

Israel DUE TIME will be at the SECOND COMING of Christ in Matt 24:27-31 !!

It is also OBVIOUSLY sloves the question are the 12 IN or are they OUT , and there is another verse more important that also addresses this question that many have not BELIEVED !!

dan p

Israel Abrahams descendants according to the flesh,aren't the children of God Rom 9:8 no Salvation for them.Christ came for the Children of God Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.