ECT Two Gospels Preached During The Acts Period

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Looking BACK based on what God has revealed to and through Paul, YES... we can see this.

But if you read Act 2 without the knowledge that did not exist at the time, you will see that Acts 2:36 it a MURDER indictment and not a proclamation of "good news".

There is only one good news and both who Christ was, and what He did, is all a part of the same Gospel message.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "good news" that was first preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that gospel of Christ saves (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The "good news"that was preached to the Gentiles is the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins. And belief in that gospel of Christ saves (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Simple as can be!

No, there is nothing there that even hints of the basic truth that was preached to the Gentiles, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Paul was explaining the one and only Gospel of Christ.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are MANY good news' in the Bible.

Did you wash your sins away as Paul did?

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

You claim to follow Paul.
Why do you not?

LA

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, it is you who is failin to understand these simple truths.

Anyone with the least bit of Spiritual discernment can understand that the "good news" that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God!

Get with the program son.

The Gospel of the kingdom was that the millennial kingdom was ah um, in their midst, offered by the King Himself. “and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."”
**Mark‬ *1:15‬ *NASB‬‬
http://bible.com/100/mrk.1.15.nasb

Then after the rejection of that kingdom “...Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation."”
**Matthew‬ *12:45‬ *NASB‬‬
http://bible.com/100/mat.12.45.nasb

Then “and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.”
**Luke‬ *24:47-48‬ *NASB‬‬
http://bible.com/100/luk.24.47-48.nasb

Beginning from Jerusalem my son

Jerry Shugart

The Gospel of the kingdom was that the millennial kingdom was ah um, in their midst, offered by the King Himself. “and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."”
**Mark‬ *1:15‬ *NASB‬‬

There is more to the "gospel of the kingdom" than that:

John the Baptist said that he came baptizing with water so that the Lord Jesus might be revealed to Israel:

"I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel" (Jn.1:31).​

After seeing the spirit descending on the Lord Jesus the Baptist said,"and I saw, and bore witness that this is the Son of God" (Jn.1:34).

The announcement that the kingdom was near at hand would naturally lead the Jew to expect that the Christ would be revealed and this was the meaning of the Baptist's words here:

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and He will throughly purge His floor, and gather His wheat into the garner; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Mt.3:11-12).​

The Lord Jesus Himself made it plain that salvation among the Jews depended on their recognizing His "identity":

"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins"
(Jn. 8:23-24).​

We can know that the Lord Jesus was preaching that He is the Christ and the "Son of God" by the following conversation between the Lord and some Jews who did not believe in Him:

"Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me" (Jn.10:24-25).​

Later in the same exchange we see that the same Jews wanted to stone Him because He said that He is the Son of God:

"Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" (Jn.10:36).​

So included in the "gospel of the kingdom" was the preaching that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And that is exactly what Paul preached to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

Then after the rejection of that kingdom “...Then it goes and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first. That is the way it will also be with this evil generation."”
**Matthew‬ *12:45‬ *NASB‬‬

The Jews would receive another chance to believe in Him after His crucifixion because when He was on the Cross the Lord Jesus prayed to the Father, saying "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Lk. 23:34).

Then Peter told the nation if she repented then the Lord Jesus would be sent back so they could enjoy "the times of refreshing" from His presence:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you" (Acts 3:19-20).​

These words of Peter were the offer of the kingdom.

Then “and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.”
**Luke‬ *24:47-48‬ *NASB‬‬

Beginning from Jerusalem my son

We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost beginning at Acts 2:14 and ending at Acts 2:36. In that sermon there is not a word about God's "grace" and there is not a word about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross.

Instead, Peter used the facts concerning the Lord Jesus' death and resurrection in order to prove that He is the promised Messiah and then he summed up his discourse by saying:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"
(Acts 2:36).​

Again, the burden of this "good news" of Christ concerns the "identity" of the Lord Jesus.

Son, you must learn that the "good news" of Christ that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is not the same "good news" of Christ that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Jerry Shugart

Hahahaha. Pete offers the kingdom. Good one sugar

If Peter is not telling the nation of Israel that if she repents then the kingdom will be ushered in then what is he saying?:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you"
(Acts 3:19-20).​

When the Son is sent back then the kingdom will be at hand.

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; 30. When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand"
(Lk.21:27-31).​

Do you not even know that when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth that it will be then when He sits upon the throne and reigns in His kingdom?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

Get with the program, son.

turbosixx

The "good news" that was first preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that gospel of Christ saves (Jn.20:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The "good news"that was preached to the Gentiles is the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins. And belief in that gospel of Christ saves (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Simple as can be!
I don't see how they are different. Could you please elaborate?

Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."

2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No, there is nothing there that even hints of the basic truth that was preached to the Gentiles, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

If I understand you correctly, the gospels are different so are the requirements different as well?

All Gentiles have to do is believe and the Jews have to believe as well. Is there something more the Jews need to do?

Thanks

Jerry Shugart

I don't see how they are different. Could you please elaborate?

The good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is DIFFERENT from the good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Things that differ are not the same.

If I understand you correctly, the gospels are different so are the requirements different as well?

All Gentiles have to do is believe and the Jews have to believe as well. Is there something more the Jews need to do?

No, the requirements are the same. In both instances all that is needed is faith.

Interplanner

The good news that the Lord Jesus died for our sins is DIFFERENT from the good news that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

They are not different at all. There is no support for that. There was no other meaning of 'the Christ' than that 'His Righteous Servant would justify many by his (experience).'

Jerry, please mature beyond just stating and restating your position, and actually provide material.

turbosixx

No, the requirements are the same. In both instances all that is needed is faith.

Thanks

So do you see Paul preaching both gospels, one to the Jews and the other to Gentiles?

Acts 18:5 When Silas and Timothy arrived from Macedonia, Paul was occupied with the word, testifying to the Jews that the Christ was Jesus.

Acts 18:28 for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, showing by the Scriptures that the Christ was Jesus.

Telling the Gentiles Jesus was the Christ wouldn't do much good. They weren't looking for the Christ.

Last edited:

Danoh

Thanks

So do you see Paul preaching both gospels, one to the Jews and the other to Gentiles?

Acts 18:5 When Silas and Timothy arrived from Macedonia, Paul was occupied with the word, testifying to the Jews that the Christ was Jesus.

Acts 18:28 for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, showing by the Scriptures that the Christ was Jesus.

Telling the Gentiles Jesus was the Christ wouldn't do much good. They weren't looking for the Christ.

Actually, Paul would show the Jew through the Scripture that the man who had been crucified had been their Prophesied Christ: Acts 17; for example.

He would then follow that up with sharing with them that He had died for their sins: Acts 13; for example..

Whereas with Gentiles, his emphasis was more on the latter of those two points: 1 Thess. 2; for example.

I mention Acts 17 and 1 Thess. 2, because those two together show this dual practice of his.

This is also the sense of the opening of 1 Cor. 15; when compared to the opening of 1 Cor. 1.

Thus, his wording in chapeter 15 - that "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures...rose again according to the Scriptures" - carries both the sense of Israel's Prophesied Christ...and of...died for our sins...

This is how one shares the gospel of Christ with a Jew even now - showing that He was their Christ.

This is then followed with sharing that He died for sin.

This second aspect applies to both Jew and Gentile.

While, prior to the Cross, the requirement is that a Jew believe that He is Israel's Prophesied Christ, John 5 & 8.

Thus, Peter's Matt. 16 confession that "Thou art the Christ" and its' particular, Israelite "church" (assembly of Messianic Israelites).

This Israelite "church" is the one being "added...to...daily" in Early Acts.

At that point, the charge turns from murder ("wicked hands"), to manslaughter ("ye did it ignorantly").

This is also why 70 AD was NOT the hand of God, by the way.

By then, the dispensation of the grace of God in His longsuffering to all without merit on their part that Paul had been both the first recipient of, and its' pattern to them that should hereafter believe...had long been in full swing - God announcing via Paul that He had been in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself NOT imputing their trespasses unto them...

With Paul, God was no longer a respector of persons (so much for notions of so called God inspired countries other than Israel way back when, and or of fool political elections, etc.)