Trumpcare

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I oppose any bill that gives government control of healthcare.
I dang sure don't think anyone should be forced to pay for another's medical expenses.

"Dang sure". So, someone shows up at an ER, no insurance, homeless. Who pays or do they get turned away?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Dang sure". So, someone shows up at an ER, no insurance, homeless. Who pays or do they get turned away?
That would be up to the hospital, not the government.
If the hospital wants to eat the expense, they can.
But no one should be forced to pay that bill for them.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
That would be up to the hospital, not the government.
If the hospital wants to eat the expense, they can.
But no one should be forced to pay that bill for them.

So a hospital, full of doctors and nurses whose job is to treat sick people is going to turn someone away. Only in republican dreams.
And if they do treat someone like that, they will need to make up the difference somewhere, most likely in the next contract with your insurer, so you pay no matter what.
Very Christian attitude on your behalf.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Of course they are turned away. That is the GOP's actual intent ... they don't want anyone who is poor, disabled or NOT of their political persuasion to receive treatment.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So a hospital, full of doctors and nurses whose job is to treat sick people is going to turn someone away.

A friend of mine works as a home health care nurse

Should she work for free?

My neighbor is the CEO of the local hospital - should he ask his staff to work for free?

All of my co-workers worked at the local hospital

Should they have been asked to work for free?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
A friend of mine works as a home health care nurse

Should she work for free?

My neighbor is the CEO of the local hospital - should he ask his staff to work for free?

All of my co-workers worked at the local hospital

Should they have been asked to work for free?

That is not the issue. No, they should not work for free, no one is asking them to do so. My daughter is an MD at a big city hospital. She does not work for free but at the same time she treats many people who are on the low end of the economic scale who surely cannot afford to pay her directly. The issue is who is responsible for the least of us? Best I can recall, Jesus would say we all are. So how do you make that work? Or do you simply not care and simply leave those who cannot afford it to be in pain, to die early etc.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So a hospital, full of doctors and nurses whose job is to treat sick people is going to turn someone away.
It's up to them.
No government should force them to work for free.
They can work for free if they want to, but no one should force them.

Only in republican dreams.
Doesn't matter which political party.

And if they do treat someone like that, they will need to make up the difference somewhere,
Bingo.
It's still their decision if they want to eat the expense themselves.
And there is nothing stopping you from paying their bill.
But you should never be forced to.

most likely in the next contract with your insurer,
That would be fraud of overcharging.
An unfair balance.
Stealing.

so you pay no matter what.
Stop those kinds of fraud.
It's not right to rob from Peter to pay Paul.

Very Christian attitude on your behalf.
Thank you.
Thou shalt not steal.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not the issue. No, they should not work for free, no one is asking them to do so. My daughter is an MD at a big city hospital. She does not work for free but at the same time she treats many people who are on the low end of the economic scale who surely cannot afford to pay her directly. The issue is who is responsible for the least of us? Best I can recall, Jesus would say we all are. So how do you make that work? Or do you simply not care and simply leave those who cannot afford it to be in pain, to die early etc.
You care by voluntarily offering help.
It would be cheaper for you in the long run because you don't have to pay for all the middlemen of government employment.
Every dime goes directly to the doctors and nurses of the hospital that treated you.

jeffblue101

I dang sure don't think anyone should be forced to pay for another's medical expenses.
your position is unlikely to ever occur not only that no repbulican bill that I read about did not involve eliminating all government involvement.Even Cruz's bill included heavily state subsidised high risk pools to take care of the sick.9

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
your position is unlikely to ever occur not only that no repbulican bill that I read about did not involve eliminating all government involvement.Even Cruz's bill included heavily state subsidised high risk pools to take care of the sick.9
I think it's criminal.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It should be criminal to make anyone buy from a private for profit company by law

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Medicaid was greatly expanded under Obummer, to include millions of able bodied working age losers getting free healthcare

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Those who fought and died on the beaches of Normandy, Okinawa and Iwo Jima were young people drafted by the government and forced to put their lives in harms way!

If rich and wealthy Americans are willing to allow others, particularly those poorer than themselves, to fight and die for them, paying their fair share to provide universal healthcare is the least they can do!

Otherwise, put the sons and daughters of the wealthy in the front lines - why shouldn't those who have benefited the most in American society be exposed to the greatest amount of risk during times of war?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Those who fought and died on the beaches of Normandy, Okinawa and Iwo Jima were young people drafted by the government and forced to put their lives in harms way!

If rich and wealthy Americans are willing to allow others, particularly those poorer than themselves, to fight and die for them, paying their fair share to provide universal healthcare is the least they can do!

Otherwise, put the sons and daughters of the wealthy in the front lines - why shouldn't those who have benefited the most in American society be exposed to the greatest amount of risk during times of war?
Wow, you really are a hardcore radical leftist !!