Trumpcare

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Medicaid was greatly expanded under Obummer, to include millions of able bodied working age losers getting free healthcare
In the American justice system, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty - just because there are some taking advantage of Medicaid doesn't justify punishing the innocent for the sins of the guilty!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In the American justice system, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty - just because there are some taking advantage of Medicaid doesn't justify punishing the innocent for the sins of the guilty!
No innocent will be "punished" - Nobody will lose their Medicaid, just a slowing of expansion starting in 7 years !

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Wow, you really are a hardcore radical leftist !!

What's wrong with the military providing the sons and daughters of billionaires, like Donald Trump, with the most dangerous assignments during time of war?

Those who have the most to gain in American society, should expect to be exposed to the greatest risk!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What's wrong with the military providing the sons and daughters of billionaires, like Donald Trump, with the most dangerous assignments during time of war?

Those who have the most to gain in American society, should also be exposed to the greatest risk!
Rich and famous Americans have proudly served all throughout our history.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You care by voluntarily offering help.
It would be cheaper for you in the long run because you don't have to pay for all the middlemen of government employment.
Every dime goes directly to the doctors and nurses of the hospital that treated you.

But big corporate insurance middlemen are OK?

And have you thought this through? Exactly how does it work? do you write a check to each doctor or nurse? How does medical equipment get paid for?
What if your bill is several hundred thousand dollars?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those who fought and died on the beaches of Normandy, Okinawa and Iwo Jima were young people drafted by the government and forced to put their lives in harms way!

If rich and wealthy Americans are willing to allow others, particularly those poorer than themselves, to fight and die for them, paying their fair share to provide universal healthcare is the least they can do!

Otherwise, put the sons and daughters of the wealthy in the front lines - why shouldn't those who have benefited the most in American society be exposed to the greatest amount of risk during times of war?
Then you propose forcibly stealing from some to pay for others.
That's not Christian at all.
You completely eliminate charity, as FORCED charity is not charity at all.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But big corporate insurance middlemen are OK?
If those are the folks you wish to deal with.
At least you would have a choice in the matter and are not forced into it.

And have you thought this through? Exactly how does it work? do you write a check to each doctor or nurse? How does medical equipment get paid for?
What if your bill is several hundred thousand dollars?
Like everything else in life, if you can't afford to pay the price they demand, then you don't get it.

You can't walk into a business that sells a product or a service and tell them you need something they have, but cannot afford it, so they must steal the money from someone else to cover your expense.

Stealing is not charity.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And what, you all are?

Charity is something you people are horrible at, you wouldn't shave a penny to help another person because you all are so consumed with the idea that anyone can achieve what you all inherited.
Wrong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Those who have the most to gain in American society, should expect to be exposed to the greatest risk!
It would be more logical and beneficial to select the ones most qualified to accomplish the mission.
Why would one's wealth have anything to do with that?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That would be up to the hospital, not the government.
If the hospital wants to eat the expense, they can.
But no one should be forced to pay that bill for them.
Let's just agree that no Christian should have to be forced to help those without healthcare afford it. :)

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
If those are the folks you wish to deal with.
At least you would have a choice in the matter and are not forced into it.

Like everything else in life, if you can't afford to pay the price they demand, then you don't get it.

You can't walk into a business that sells a product or a service and tell them you need something they have, but cannot afford it, so they must steal the money from someone else to cover your expense.

Stealing is not charity.

I'm sure there is a Bible verse that supports your, "no $, no medical treatment" position.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm sure there is a Bible verse that supports your, "no $, no medical treatment" position.
It should be no private sector profits made on these who cannot afford healthcare. otherwise the government is subsidizing private business.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure there is a Bible verse that supports your "steal from Peter to pay Paul".

See how that works?

Common sense alone should let you know that a business cannot stay in business if they give their products or services away.
Depending on a thief (government) to steal from folks to pay you to keep your business going is not just.

Try using that logic for any business you might have.
Should anyone that needs your product or service be allowed to take what they need from you and not pay for it?
That is what you are asking others to do.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
It would be more logical and beneficial to select the ones most qualified to accomplish the mission.
Why would one's wealth have anything to do with that?
Donald Trump Jr., Eric and Ivanka have the most to gain by preserving the status quo!

For those not in the 1%, to treat us as equals during the time or war but not during times of peace is inherently unfair.

If risk and danger can be spread throughout all classes of society, then the financial rewards should be spread in the same manner!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

[FONT=&quot]44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’[/FONT]
45 [FONT=&quot]“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ [/FONT]Matthew 25:37-40, 44-45

Some people act as though virtue was a game of tag. If someone in dire need asks for your cloak, by all means, you're it. But if the state asks for help to cloth him its thievery. :rolleyes:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It still is not right to force anyone to make a purchase from a private for profit company. This is what is wrong with the whole healthcare deal.