Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hey, Maduro said the same thing about his police. "Don't be gentle with them."

The concept of the police officer as enforcer, judge and punisher is not unique to Trump. Every caudillo who ever ruled had the same idea.
Yep, one comment from Trump certainly must mean that he wants a Dictatorship and a police state - get a grip loser

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep, one comment from Trump certainly must mean that he wants a Dictatorship and a police state - get a grip loser
Come on, PJ, you did the, "It was the one time and he took it back" bit a while back, right before I set out several examples over time of him encouraging roughing up protesters at his pre-election rallies. This isn't a lapse, it's a habit.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Conservatives, including "The Donald," spent the last 8 years undermining Barrack Obama's right to be President, questioning the authenticity of his American birth certificate.

Now they expect that their President is entitled to "a free ride" - even when he repeatedly makes inappropriate comments!

The "making a joke" excuse just doesn't wash - Trump and his entourage have repeatedly resorted to that excuse as their "fall-back" position over the last 18 months, rather than retract those comments and issue an apology!

Part of becoming an American president is the willingness to assume the responsibility that your words have consequences!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Come on, PJ, you did the, "It was the one time and he took it back" bit a while back, right before I set out several examples over time of him encouraging roughing up protesters at his pre-election rallies. This isn't a lapse, it's a habit.
People get roughed up :idunno:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob: :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

Do you think that a President who doesn't believe in the need to seek God's forgiveness from sin (because he rarely makes mistakes) is someone to whom Christians should be providing their unquestioning support?

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob::angrymob: :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

exminister

It's simply amazing that Trump rules the world :chuckle:

Just like Nebuchadnezzar. And like him Trump is full of pride which God condemns.

blake_nebuchadnezzar.jpg

Daniel 4

28 All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar.
29 Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon,
30 he said, “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?”
31 Even as the words were on his lips, a voice came from heaven, “This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you.
32 You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like the ox. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes.”
33 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A couple of true stories.

Trump calls White House "a real dump."

I'm not sure if that's a criticism or he's just feeling at home now. :plain:

And finally, a Republican Flake we can all admire.

Republican Senator Jeff Flake, of Arizona, is golden. In his recently published book, the stalwart conservative took his own party and president to task, noting among other complaints that being conservative, especially with regard to foreign policy, requires a certain deportment, sobriety, and measured approach that our allies can depend upon, a methodology absent in the current adminstration. "Protectionism and isolationism," said Flake, "are not conservative values."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A couple of true stories.

Trump calls White House "a real dump."

I'm not sure if that's a criticism or he's just feeling at home now. :plain:

And finally, a Republican Flake we can all admire.

Republican Senator Jeff Flake, of Arizona, is golden. In his recently published book, the stalwart conservative took his own party and president to task, noting among other complaints that being conservative, especially with regard to foreign policy, requires a certain deportment, sobriety, and measured approach that our allies can depend upon, a methodology absent in the current adminstration. "Protectionism and isolationism," said Flake, "are not conservative values."
You admire Flake? For that? Do you see a lot of protectionism and isolationism? I like Representatives that DON'T write books

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You admire Flake?
I admire the nerve. And I agree with a few of his criticisms. I haven't read his book yet.

For that?
For standing up to his party on principle? Sure.

Do you see a lot of protectionism and isolationism?
I don't see a lot of anything from this administration beyond rhetoric. But that rhetoric is in line with the criticism.

I like Representatives that DON'T write books
But then, you like presidents who can't write a sentence without a personal pronoun. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wish you actually used your higher education to be something other than Mr. Mom :chuckle:
When you were a kid your coloring book just looked like one page of whatever shade caught your eye, didn't it.

In any event, I have been using that expanding education, but that would be under "none of your" in the business column. :eek:

john w

Hall of Fame
Since "The Donald's" November 8, 2016 coup, through the 8/2/2017 market close:

Dow Jones Industrial Average: +20.1%
NASDAQ Composite Index: +22.51%
Standard & Poor's 500 Index: +15.8%

EOT. CLOSED. RIP. DOA. SHUT DOWN. NO ENTRY.

main-qimg-93acc79f44dba4b7c18b8a64febbc7fe

closed-for-business.jpg

R1521.png

1430564917997.gif

does-using-windows-cmd-to-shut-down-a-computer-cause-damage-00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.