Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
i looked at a lot of commentary like this last night, trying to figure out how and why someone would twist scripture to make it say something it doesn't, to negate the clear and concise words of Christ

what i found was the same sort of stuff george posted, unpersuasive contortions of this particular greek word here, that particular aramaic word there, all to stretch towards a conclusion that didn't make sense

Context.

The words you are referring to were spoken to the religious leaders of Israel in Jesus' day with reference only to the laws of Moses regarding divorce which they were questioning. Within their context, Jesus gave them all they needed to know.
This was never intended to be an exhaustive, one size fits all, direction regarding divorce or adultery for Christians, just for legalists. If it was, the Word would not teach other things elsewhere on the subject.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... Within their context, Jesus gave them all they needed to know.
This was never intended to be an exhaustive, one size fits all, direction regarding divorce or adultery....

:darwinsm:

outstanding!

with this approach you can make scripture say whatever you want it to! :thumb:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me. Psalm 142:7KJV

Arthur Brain

Asked like a true legalist.

Pretty much. Where it comes to "for better or worse" in marriage then it's entirely obvious it didn't include the wilful abuse of a spouse. Financial strife, stress, hard times, even difficulties in the relationship etc but abuse?

No, not at all. The only people who are likely to stretch the phrase to that extent are the ones who are guilty of it.

Arthur Brain

Don't believe me? Go look up those two types of fallacies. I'll wait.

Saying it doesn't make it so. :mock:

Show them that adultery is wrong?

:idunno:

Something something therefore adultery should not be against the law...

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Well, no, all you'll have done is robbed a child of its mother. All out of rock headed legalism.

:rain:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Well, no, all you'll have done is robbed a child of its mother. All out of rock headed legalism.

:baby:

Maybe the mother should have considered that before committing the crime...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Maybe you should consider just how much you resemble the pharisees and teachers of the law.

:think:

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, - 1 Timothy 1:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-10&version=NKJV

Artie :baby:

Arthur Brain

:think:

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, - 1 Timothy 1:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-10&version=NKJV

Artie :baby:

What exactly do you think I'm crying about? There's no way your brand of legalism would ever come to fruition and you're just some guy who can't seem to think outside of Bob Enyart and biblegateway. You're a modern day scribe with nobody to stone.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What exactly do you think I'm crying about? There's no way your brand of legalism would ever come to fruition and you're just some guy who can't seem to think outside of Bob Enyart and biblegateway. You're a modern day scribe with nobody to stone.

:mock: Artie